Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if the 1994 strike never happened?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expo's would have been the champ and el presidente the MVP.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
      If that is the case then what is there to say about boxing or mma.
      Boxing has/is suffering from this as we speak.

Our amateur boxing is not near what it used to be. For example, we used to consistently medal in boxing at the Olympics. We rarely medal in Olympic boxing these days.

Guys who won medals back then were famous nationwide, on Wheaties boxes, in commercials, etc. Nowdays only hardcore boxing fans can name our Olympic boxers.

Kids are wanting to be the next football star these days, and not the champion of the world like decades ago.

MMA is a much younger sport, so it's tough to compare the two on this issue.

This is actually a very interesting topic, and one I've seen discussed many, many times.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        No...

Baseball would still be in the same position today..

Baseball had huge success following the strike with the home run chase of Sammy and McGwire
        Yup.

That home run chase brought the fans back, big time. Of course MLB turned a blind eye to all the steroids because the fans love watching those steroid-fueled home run derbies back then, but that's another story.

Comment

Baseball is super boring

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
            Boxing and bsseball are the only two fights i watch.

Football is boring as fuk.
            Football is so overrated. They literally play like 32mins of the game and its on for like 3 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              Baseball is super boring
              Baseball is a thinking man's game my friend. It aint a brute sport like football..

Id rather watch John ruiz hug for 12 rounds rather than football but thats just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                Football is so overrated. They literally play like 32mins of the game and its on for like 3 hours.
                Ive never had the patience to sit through a game of football. I just dont see the appeal.

The play lasts for couple seconds then they huddle for minutes... repeat.

Fuk football

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                  Baseball is a thinking man's game my friend. It aint a brute sport like football..

Id rather watch John ruiz hug for 12 rounds rather than football but thats just me.
                  Baseball is a game for intellectuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
                    Expo's would have been the champ and el presidente the MVP.
                    You mean the Expo's would have been in the World Series only to fall to The WHITE SOX and Frank Thomas the MVP !!!

Comment

Working...
                    X