No announcement yet.

Obscure Quotes, Famous Boxers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obscure Quotes, Famous Boxers

The object of this little game is to figure out the boxer-author of the quote. Multiple choice format.

1. Who said:

A boxer be's a man, too?

A. Gene Tunney
    B. Jack Dempsey
    C. Joe Louis
    D. Jim Corbett

2. Nobody knows de trouble I've seed?

A. Alexander Povetkin
    B. Tyson Fury
    C. Andrzeg Wawrzyk
    D. Shannon Briggs

3. Q is a quadratic residue of P if P is a quadratic residue of Q and, additionally, neither is a 4n+3 type prime?

A. Nathan Cleverly
    B. Tex Cobb
    C. Joe Frazier
    D. Chris Arreola

You picked some every hard questions.

I'll take a crack at it.

1. Louis
    2. Briggs
    3. Cobb

Comment

You would need to show your work, Red, to receive partial credit for #3.

Just learning this sentence would have been a major life challenge for B, C and D. Cobb might have had the best chance, outside of Cleverly all right, who has a degree in mathematics. But you need to show me your work, boy, your reasoning process, by God.

Any other guesses? Kem awn! Anyone? That's right. That's right.

Comment

"When I was a boxer, I wanted to be champion of the world, not the richest man in the world."

I love that quote (It shows whats in the heart of a true champion)? Who said it?

Comment

Originally posted by TJ highway View Post
          "When I was a boxer, I wanted to be champion of the world, not the richest man in the world."

I love that quote (It shows whats in the heart of a true champion)? Who said it?
          What whitey was it?

Comment

It was Big George the preacher!

Comment

That was awful white of big George.

Comment

What the hell is wrong with this outfit anyway. I am supposed to have more points. I was on here waiting for them. Nothing happened. I am sick of being cheated.

Comment

"A boxing match is like a cowboy movie. There's got to be good guys and there's got to be bad guys. And that's what people pay for - to see the bad guys get beat."

Comment

Sorry I have no guesses; I don't recognize any of the quotes; I don't even understand the third quote. LOL Under what circumstances did a fighter make such a statement?

Anyway one of my favorite quotes.

"Lay down so I can recognize you." Willie Pep to some guy claiming to be one of his early opponents.

Comment

Working...
                    X