Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you guys seen Mcgregor working the heavy bag?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    Idk why I laughed so dam hard at this

Idk why I then bet my whole net worth on Floyd
    save the fitty bucks bro

Comment

Originally posted by Kosta View Post
      Anyone here ever seen an amateur fight or being in an amateur fight where you're up against some unorthodox nut job? One with terrible boxing skills.

They are the hardest fights imaginable and the better you are as a boxer the harder they are to win.

What if Conor is just walking into his punches and doing son crazy shiz? Anything could happen in this fight.
      yeah I've fought against spastic newbies in the gym.

much harder to fight than regular guys.

then they gas and quit.

Comment

Lol. His fancy footwork reminds me of these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          yeah I've fought against spastic newbies in the gym.

much harder to fight than regular guys.

then they gas and quit.
          Will macgregor gas? Of all the scenarios being tabled that almost seems the least likely. This is a world class athlete here not some anabolic meathead like AJ or some skinny white boy who got a boxing gym membership for xmas

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
            I have thought about this. Of course i expect floyd to completely dominate and maybe stop him.

But there is a possibility even though a small one that conors weird ass stance and movement could trouble floyd as ridiculous as it sounds, in MMA conor's range and timing completely surpises guys. That could translate to boxing who knows. Not saying that will happen though just throwing it out there. Conor will most likely get his ass handed to him.
            It's unlikely but its still a distinct possibility. We know about the financial penalties and obviously instant disqualification for any MMA contact such as flying kicks but what's to stop Conor feigning? What if he got his ass inside and just knocked Floyd out? Not saying likely but you can get 100/1 odds on this and it's not 1% in my book. It's at least 10%.

I followed floods career and can that guy take a big punch in high volume? The only time he was ever tested like that was one of the maidana fights and many people think maidana won that one. CM can punch harder than maidana and he could easily get inside even better if Floyd gets confused by his crazy horse antics - unless the contract somehow forces him to adopt an orthodox or southpaw boxing pose (obvs CM is a SP) which wouldn't surprise me tb

Either way don't know why the negativity surrounding this fight (I get why Oscar is pissed). It's going to be an interesting clash of styles

Comment

I agree the first Maidana fight was close and the second was an easy fight for Floyd. If Floyd could out point a crazy awkward workhorse like Maidana than Conor doesn't stand a chance. People keep saying Conor has a punchers chance, but all of Floyds opponents who were well trained top ranked professional stood a chance and guess what they could never leverage the extremely sought after 'puncher's chance'. Pacman barely landed a shot on Floyd and he is just a good of a puncher as Conor coupled with better speed and work output

Comment

Originally posted by Kosta View Post
                Will macgregor gas? Of all the scenarios being tabled that almost seems the least likely. This is a world class athlete here not some anabolic meathead like AJ or some skinny white boy who got a boxing gym membership for xmas
                probably he will, yes. He's shown himself to gas in MMA before and I would say it's by far the most likely option. Especially if Mayweather turns it on.

Comment

I noticed in Mcgregor's sparring video he got tired very quickly and couldn't keep his hands up while at the same time pushing his chin out. Textbook of a tired fighter and a terrible habit that's easily exploited.

Does anyone know if Mcgregor even has any power in boxing gloves?

I saw his sparring video and even when he landed albeit with headgear his sparring partner was totally unfazed.

I'm looking for Mcgregor's strengths but I'm not seeing much.

My biggest take away from Mcgregor's footage is that he consistently has a really bad habit of bragging while he takes a rest because he's tired.

Comment

Working...
                  X