best offensive lateral movement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good **** gracias amigos

Comment

Lateral movement is using your feet to move left or right! It has nothing to do with head movement or feinting those are all different techniques.
      The greatest lateral mover even to this day is Willie Pep. If you check on utube you can find Pep flying around the ring moving left & right and getting in & out with blazing speed!
      A more recent example would be Ali & then Ray Leonard. Mayweather certainly moves laterally but usually just to avoid. The other use it to set up combinations.
      The TBE p4p King was another master mover, Sugar Ray Robinson.
      Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        Lateral movement is using your feet to move left or right! It has nothing to do with head movement or feinting those are all different techniques.
        The greatest lateral mover even to this day is Willie Pep. If you check on utube you can find Pep flying around the ring moving left & right and getting in & out with blazing speed!
        A more recent example would be Ali & then Ray Leonard. Mayweather certainly moves laterally but usually just to avoid. The other use it to set up combinations.
        Ray.
        yea thanks i was too lazy to correct everyone/get bashed for making corrections in my question thread hahaha. thats exactly wat i meant wen i sed loma pac lateral footwerk doe

Comment

oh yea thanks ray for the names.
          any other not-so-popular ones?
          i just watched some orlando canizales footages, DAMN i wish i knew about him sooner

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            Ray.
            He said "coming forward" though. Lateral movers like pep, Ali, Leonard, weren't really come forward fighters - except Leonard he could do it all, probably the best at adapting in history. So when he says "lateral movers that come forward" it causes confusion. The most recent example of great pure lateral movement isn't mayweather it's rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by ironalex View Post
              He said "coming forward" though. Lateral movers like pep, Ali, Leonard, weren't really come forward fighters - except Leonard he could do it all, probably the best at adapting in history. So when he says "lateral movers that come forward" it causes confusion. The most recent example of great pure lateral movement isn't mayweather it's rigo.
              hmm i dont see how rigo comes forward with side movement..
              lomachenko is the most obvious example ._.

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
                hmm i dont see how rigo comes forward with side movement..
                lomachenko is the most obvious example ._.
                No, I'm talking about pure lateral movement. Read all of my post. Ray is talking about everyone missing the point because you said "best lateral come forward fighter". And I said if Ray is talking about pure lateral movement (moving side to side etc) the best to do it now is rigo. But like I said the best come forward fighter right now is chocalatito

Comment

Hmmm good question.

For me it would be the great Ariel Hernandez. There's not much footage of him but from what there is he looked amazing. Picture a middleweight version of Rigondeaux but better.

Comment

Working...
                  X