Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let me recap Floyds career since 2002 for the *****s.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no issue with Margarito getting a big fight again, but IMO he has to earn it.

A lot has happened since since his win over Cotto.

He lost a fight, a fight in which he took a severe prolonged beating. A career killer type of beating in which he may never get back to his old level again. Since then he has been forced into a long period of inactivity.

In that time period others have done much more and deserve their spot in the pecking order. Margarito, if he does get his license back, should have to fight his way back into line for another crack at the big time.

He does not deserve to leapfrog others until he proves he still has what it takes.

Comment

• Originally posted by cooper5 View Post
      Since you asked, if he really wanted to prove himself he would have taken the more risky fight with the true champion Tszyu. Gatti had been beaten by Ivan Robinson and Angel Manfredy and was not risky.
      Gatti won a vacant title while Tszyu was the unified champ. Very careful move obviously. Who did he fight at 140 that was worthy lb4lb?
      His goal was to gain a title with the least risk. Even at 147, fighting Judah for a vacant title, when Judah was coming off a loss. Sure he beat Baldomir eventually, but if you look at the rankings at the time you have to ask about all the better fighters that were not supposedly worthy to fight.
      He tried getting a fight with Tszyu.

Except Tsyzu is a Showtime fighter. HBO vs Showtime politics ruined the chances of that fight ever coming off.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Hate Giver View Post
        i dont know what's more despicable, floyd or his delusional fanbase who defend this piece of *****e scumbag & his family.

Good thread. Up !

Comment

• Originally posted by da chosen 1 View Post
          you forgot to say and $100 million in earnings later,
          yeah, he should be ranked top WW because he made $100 million..........

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack Ruby View Post
            In chronological order since he fought Castillo:

1- Victoriano Sosa (bum)

2- Phillip Ndou (bum)

3- DeMarcus Corley (journeyman)

4- Henry Bruseles (bum)

5-Arturo Gatti ( C talent according to Mayweathers own words)

6- Sharmba Mitchell (shot post Tzyu version, and at WW)

7- Zab Judah (after a loss to Tata)

8- Tata Baldomir (journeyman WW who was lucky enough to face the perennial underachiever Judah)

9- Oscar (not even a full time fighter at the time and way past it)

10- Hatton at WW. (Overrated, plus Hatton is not a WW)

11- JMM. ( do I even have to explain this one?)

So there you have it. A long list of misfits, journeymen, no hopers and blown up fighters since 2002.

How the hell is this guy even ranked in the top 10 at WW??

What has he done?

You can't even compare him and Margarito.

Margarito fought Cintron, Williams, Cotto, Mosley and Clottey.

He deserves a crack at Packy first on achievements alone.
            give the man props for Oscar at 154.....but thats where it stops with me.....cats can kick and scream about this guy was this and that guy was that....but at the end of the day Zab, Baldi and Hatton shouldn't be his biggest wins at WW ....its a disrespect to the throne.

Comment

Working...
            X