Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notice all the prospects being beaten none are Top Rank fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice all the prospects being beaten none are Top Rank fighters?

Top Rank has the best match makers unquestionably and really know how to build a champion.

Lemieux
    Daniel Jacobs
    James Kirkland
    Erislandy Lara (Draw)
    Andy Lee

and all the rest.

TBH all of those fighter expect Jacobs was a huge favorites and sould have won easily

Has more to do with the fighters themselves then their promoter

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      TBH all of those fighter expect Jacobs was a huge favorites and sould have won easily

Maybe I just believe Top Rank mentally and physically prepares their fighters much better and are so much better at matchmaking than any other promotional company.

Comment

There's a reason Bruce Trampler is in the hall of fame and other companies thought mosley-mora was a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post

true, true...

but in a way, golden boy just had the bad luck of picking these particular fighters. and these aren't the only ones they picked who turned out to be big disappointments.

then again, i'm sure that even top rank has had their own share of disappointments.

Comment

The have hof matchmakers. They know how to chose matches and build fighters. lee's upset was 3 years ago. Ortiz is a little more of a recent hot prospect that seemed to have fizzled.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
              Maybe I just believe Top Rank mentally and physically prepares their fighters much better and are so much better at matchmaking than any other promotional company.
              they do a good job.

for example i guarantee you GBP is cashing out on Ortiz. i know, i know Ortiz gots lots of fans. and i'm a fan too. but they're just throwing him out there @ 147 you look what happens. i'm telling you you at least let him fight a couple bums @ 47 1st! damn.

Comment

Smart matchmaking. I personally like GBP's matchmaking though. Kirkland and Lee were the worst one's from there but the rest, Jacobs lost to another undefeated fighter, Ortiz lost to Maidana, Lara well he has not lost yet so let's give him a pass for now.

Then you see Top Rank fighters and who they're fighting and you notice a big difference in the competition GBP fighters face compared to the comp that are being fed to Top Rank fighters. Example old shot Raf Marquez for Lopez, and past prime Solis for Gamboa, prime Maidana for Ortiz, and an undefeated puncher Pirog for Jacobs. Competition is like night and day. Look at the upcoming fights Lopez vs Salido??? Ortiz vs Berto. Gutsy matchmaking by GBP, smart matchmaking by Top Rank, leads people to believe Top Rank fighters are better.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                  There's a reason Bruce Trampler is in the hall of fame and other companies thought mosley-mora was a good idea.
                  This right here^^^

I mean look at the age of Morales, Oscar, Floyd and others when they were stepping up in competition at excelling at a championship level. Then you see guys like Ortiz, and others get expose and you almost have to feel sorry for any young fighter signed to GBP as they have no clue on how to build young fighters.

I have been impressed with the job they have been doing with Khan and Canelo, but I can totally see them fvkking up Canelo ,or at the very least putting him in a bout where he is clearly mismatched.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
                    they do a good job.

for example i guarantee you GBP is cashing out on Ortiz. i know, i know Ortiz gots lots of fans. and i'm a fan too. but they're just throwing him out there @ 147 you look what happens. i'm telling you you at least let him fight a couple bums @ 47 1st! damn.
                    He's coming off a draw. And if he is so popular what is this fight doing on the east coast. At this point he's no longer a hot prospect he's a fringe contender. How many options does he really have? Cashing out for the biggest purse he could get while fighting for a title was the only logical move IMO. since everyone at 140 is tied up for the moment this is def the biggest fight for Ortiz to secure at the moment for the most money. I think gbp delivered the best option for him. And it is time to cash out. This is def a make or break fight for ortiz.
                    Last edited by -Boxzilla-; 04-11-2011, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X