Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gary Russell Jr met with Eddie Hearn. Signing with Matchroom/DAZN??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    Well if he has been promised LSC like he says he's been and Haymon hasn't delivered then he should leave
    That's fair.

If he's calling out Santa Cruz and they won't give him that fight then he is better off leaving.

Comment

If the PBC doesn't have enough time slots or dates to give him then why not? He wants to stay more active as a champion and personally I can't blame him. I love seeing Gary Russell Jr fight. He has a crowd pleasing style. I think he is an underutilized talent.

Comment

Dont see the sense in potential matchups on DAZN, but more power to him if he can get paid more. Also have to think this is a possible bargaining tool to get the LSC fight

Comment

Good Luck to him! I don't see his activity changing much with his Brittle Hands and him seems to want to just sit around and wait for big fights instead of staying active

Gary Russell Jr fights once a year because Gary Russell Jr wants to fight once a year, NOBODY held him back. Maybe because of his Brittle Hands he wants to preserve himself for big matches but it is hard to make big matches and build up big matches when you're SO Inactive. He could've easily fought 2-3 TBA's a year until he lands that big fight but instead he just fought once a year

DAZN wouldn't be a bad option for him and ESPN/Top Rank would also be a good alternative but of course Arum is not going to just let him fight when he wants

Comment

wow this is huge. hearn finally got his big american name.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              If he means he starts fighting more than once per year, it'd be great.
              Whoever he signs with he has to fight more often

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X