Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mayweather beats Pacquiao in 2019, would Floyd be fighter of the decade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
    True. How can you even give Floyd a chance of being a fighter of a decade when he can't even perform against a one armed man when he was full of IV ridden PEDs in his system and haven't fought for over more than 4 years in the pro game. No chance at all.

#stayretiredfloyd
    Why dont you post their resumes from 2010 till now, its obvious who achieved more, one guy lost 4 times and was Koed once the other undefeated and beat the only other guys with chance to get FOD.

Cant believe how delusional you are, you cant even place their resumes side by side lol.

Comment

No Floyd wouldn't be FOTD, although I think if Floyd beat pac now it would be better than his f irst win over pac. But to be FOTD I think you need to be active and fight once a year in the decade to qualify.
      The Pac Floyd beat was still nervous after jmm loss and seemed tentative after all it was only a few fights or so after.
      Pac seems to have got mojo back and confidence although it took a while. Roach said he knew Pac still had it but it was the confidence issue
      Last edited by hugh grant; 08-01-2019, 02:35 AM.

Comment

That's a BIG IF. But if by miracle floyd can beat a healthy pac then he's truly the TBE. I give floyd a 30% chance to beat a healthy pac.

Comment

It does not mean he has to fight manny. Floyd can just fight other top WW to gain the title.

Comment

pacquiao has senator duties for rest of the year. floyd too scared to rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
              That's a BIG IF. But if by miracle floyd can beat a healthy pac then he's truly the TBE. I give floyd a 30% chance to beat a healthy pac.
              He's already done it you desperado.

Comment

Originally posted by MastaBlasta View Post
                Completely agree. Besides, if you have already beat the fighter of the decade .... that kinda says it all already. Robberies aside I always have Pernell and Floyd as equals in the best conversation.

Fighter of decade = some more BS nonsense, but, if it mattered Wilder would have to be awful high in that list. He's knocked out d*mn near everyone he's faced, with no losses along the way. Paq? Ask Horn about it.
                I think Pernell would be considered the generation before this one but I'm not sure..... But Pernell was also a great fighter so you can't go wrong with him either.
                And I wouldn't even consider Wilder. Yeah he's knocked out mostly everyone but so has the Thai fighter who's 53-0 who recently signed to Golden Boy promotions.
                It's quality over quantity and Wilder has a bunch of no-names on his resume so I don't put him up there.
                And let me rephrase what I said earlier about not liking Floyd.
                It's not that I don't like him it's more that I'm not a fan of his but I can definitely appreciate his skills and accomplishments.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazlop View Post
                  I thought that Manny beat Mayweather or at least deserved a draw and that was with a hurt left shoulder.
                  🤣😂 I hope your joking....

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    No Floyd wouldn't be FOTD, although I think if Floyd beat pac now it would be better than his f irst win over pac. But to be FOTD I think you need to be active and fight once a year in the decade to qualify.
                    The Pac Floyd beat was still nervous after jmm loss and seemed tentative after all it was only a few fights or so after.
                    Pac seems to have got mojo back and confidence although it took a while. Roach said he knew Pac still had it but it was the confidence issue
                    If Floyd beat Pacquiao in 2019 and still isn't the FOTD, then who would you put above him?

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                      I think Pernell would be considered the generation before this one but I'm not sure..... But Pernell was also a great fighter so you can't go wrong with him either.
                      And I wouldn't even consider Wilder. Yeah he's knocked out mostly everyone but so has the Thai fighter who's 53-0 who recently signed to Golden Boy promotions.
                      It's quality over quantity and Wilder has a bunch of no-names on his resume so I don't put him up there.
                      And let me rephrase what I said earlier about not liking Floyd.
                      It's not that I don't like him it's more that I'm not a fan of his but I can definitely appreciate his skills and accomplishments.
                      All HW opponents are dangerous. Big guys throwing damage every which way. Wilder started very late, was brought along to learn (not duck). He's learned all the way and is a terror now. As raw and unskilled as he was, it's major that none of the guys he's fought has been able to cause him any problems (minus Ortiz). The Klits had entire careers of C level competition minus a fight or two. All a man can do is beat who is in front of him. Wilder has shined all the way, in devastating fashion. He continues to rise to every occasion. For the past ten years none have done it better. Period.

Comment

Working...
                      X