Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember everyone that said Thurman beats Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember everyone that said Thurman beats Floyd?

Just for the record.

And I think Thurman outboxes Manny even if Thurman doesn't get the win through ref shenanigans.

But IF - and I stress that, IF - Manny runs through Thurman and makes him look like a basic fighter somehow...I have two questions for you.

1: Will you admit you were wrong and overrated Thurman based on the 'eye test'?

2: With NO VADA testing, will you admit/acknowledge the probability of Manny using drugs for that win (since there was NO VADA testing for Matthysse either)?

I'm not talking a close fight which is what I see as the outcome. I'm talking a complete dominant blowout from Mr. Pacquiao of a guy at the top of the rankings, which should be impossible. Will you admit?

Thurman is obviously not the same fighter he was before the layoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Pechorin View Post
      Thurman is obviously not the same fighter he was before the layoff.
      Come on man, let's not start with the excuses. Outside of one bad round against an aggressive Josesito he dominated the fight.

Again, I see a close outcome either way. I'm saying, if Manny Pacquiao COMPLETELY blows Thurman out, that's suspect. You could maybe grant Thurman is 80% of himself, but that's still 80% of a prime fighter. There's no way Manny walks through him.

Comment

i watched the lopez fight, it was on free tele in the uk, i loved it. he nearly was ko'd and lopez looked bigger and stronger than him.

Comment

Originally posted by moltres. View Post
          i watched the lopez fight, it was on free tele in the uk, i loved it. he nearly was ko'd and lopez looked bigger and stronger than him.
          Yeah I was surprised how Lopez looked like clearly bigger and stronger. I always thought Thurman was pretty decent size for a welterweight.

Comment

Thurman almost lost to Josesito Lopez he was talking about retirement last year

I honestly don't see him still boxing in 2 years

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy Current View Post
              Yeah I was surprised how Lopez looked like clearly bigger and stronger. I always thought Thurman was pretty decent size for a welterweight.
              yep, long lay off, but the intense training and sparring boxers do would clear the rust imo.

i thought he was a big welter too.

lopez looked good, id like him to fight someone else. maybe khan. or kell brook.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                Thurman almost lost to Josesito Lopez
                Based on one round?

SO what you're saying, is that

Manny beat Floyd because of Round 4
                Manny beat Horn because of Round 9
                Wilder beat Fury because of Round 12

One round is your fight decider? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  Based on one round?

SO what you're saying, is that

Manny beat Floyd because of Round 4
                  Manny beat Horn because of Round 9
                  Wilder beat Fury because of Round 12

One round is your fight decider? Really?
                  Based on him being on his bike in survival mode against Lopez and getting MD

3 years ago Thurman blasts him out in mid rounds Lopez fights with heart but he is C level at best put him in there against Crawford or even DSG and see what happens to Josesito

Comment

Hard to tell which Thurman is going to show up. The best version of Thurman might have beaten 40 year old Floyd and might beat 40 year old Manny. The rusty version who fought Lopez, I don't think so.

Comment

Working...
                    X