Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia Must Decide on Ivan Baranchyk Fight By March 22

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thetruthiserrol View Post
    Mikey Garcia should fight:

Easter Jr in Summer
    Lomachenko/Linares in late 2018

Then he can move up to 147 if he wishes.
    This probably can't happen now unless they do it as a non-title fight, which might not be ideally for either guy to agree to, cuz both guys would end up being stripped of their belt for not facing their mandatory.

Or at least I don't think the IBF will forgo a mandatory for a title holder in a lower division moving up or down.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
      I was going to say, isn't Mikey literally building houses for charity atm and the IBF jump this on him now? At least wait till the dude's at his own home before giving him the deadline/
      Right. These deadlines directly after a fight are f#cking sh^tty. Give a guy more than 10 days to decide some big sh^t like this. These abc groups are getting worse & worse with some of their bs.

Comment

I'm glad the IBF isn't going to let this clown hold a belt hostage.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
          Why can’t fighters hold belts in 2 weight classes?
          Fighters are allowed to hold belts in 2 different divisions at the same time. Its just when the IBF wants a mandatory they say, right now. No matter what. I'm not sure if the WBC would allow mikey to keep his 135 belt, considering if his next fight is at 140 that will be three in a row.

If a fighter will move up and down and make all his mandatories he can hold belts in however many divisions he can win them in. Its just the top boxers fight about once every six months. And if someone like Mikey fights three times in a row at 140, that would be close to two years before anyone has a chance at his WBC lightweight strap.

Money can buy a large amount of leniency in all the ABC's except the ibf. So maybe if Haymon or Mikey or someone pays the WBC enough, Mikey might be allowed to keep his 135 belt. But having a champ not defend his belt one time in over two years is even worse than this b.s. fight.

Comment

Take the fight , Lomacheko and Linares are busy with each other

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Building houses & getting that Belize p#ssy right now & he's on his phone reading this bs probably like f#ck the IBF's dumba$$.
              Did Mikey do something to the IBF?

Now, they are trying to mess up one of his potential next fight (a unification at 135 vs Easter):
              http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...richard-commey

That being said Commey deserves that rematch imo but Easter would rather get the Mikey payday than a Commey's potential loss for "little money".
              Last edited by Afi23; 03-12-2018, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
                Did Mikey do something to the IBF?

Now, they are trying to mess up one of his potential next fight (a unification at 135 vs Easter):
                http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...richard-commey

That being said Commey deserves that rematch imo.
                Yea I can't hate on that one. Commey lost a close decision to Easter & has notched a couple solid wins in a row since then. Fair play to Commey getting another shot.

Comment

Yea I can't hate on that one. Commey lost a close decision to Easter & has notched a couple solid wins in a row since then. Fair play to Commey getting another shot.
                  Indeed, can't hate on that one.

I feel like Mikey's plan was to snatch 2 belts at 135 and let Linares or Loma snatch the other 2 belts and than fight to become undisputed at 135lbs while trying to do the same at 140lbs. With a little luck and cooperation from the sanctioning bodies, he could attempt to become undisputed at 135lbs and 140lbs.

Comment

Broken clock is right twice a day.

There is no question there are good mandatory's, but there seem to be a lot of bad mandatory's & the IBF is the king of bad mandatory's.
                    Man homie?? Your slippin. Never took you for a troll???

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                      Man homie?? Your slippin. Never took you for a troll???
                      So you think the IBF has great rankings & non-bs mandatory's????

Seriously????

Comment

Working...
                      X