Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: James DeGale: The "Real JD" Will Be Present in Truax Rematch!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
    I'm thinking the same. I hope he wins the belt back because i think he's talented, but I'm wondering if he's just on the decline now after quite a few hard fights.
    I've been re watching some of his fights recently, and I definitely think he should have had another trainer instead of McDonell, one that would have pushed him more to iron out the lapses in concentration he's always had.
    When he's focused he looks world class, but he's always just done it in spurts. I get the feeling Mcdonell has never addressed that, and just let him get away with coasting too much.
    He needed a bit of a change to iron out those but the guy is really good with some power. McDonell has done well with him but I think he needs to bark more from the corner whenever he sees DG relaxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
      He needed a bit of a change to iron out those but the guy is really good with some power. McDonell has done well with him but I think he needs to bark more from the corner whenever he sees DG relaxing.
      Yeah I rate him highly when he puts it all together, I just think he doesn't do it enough. I re watched the fight with Groves recently for instance, and in round 9, he suddenly went into a higher gear and dominated the round, he was hitting Groves with both hands regularly. If he has that in his locker, he doesn't do it enough.
      I just think another trainer, who wasn't as much his mate as McDonnell, could have pushed him more. Someone like McCracken maybe. I've heard McDonell shouting at him a lot from the corner down the years, it didn't seem to make much difference!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
        Agree with both you chops generally... Definitely think McDonnell has been a hindrance, he's a fitness trainer / cheerleader for Degale. Thats what Degale wants a needs though, they're co-dependants. Degale has loads of talent, but a bad attitude and delusions of grandeur.

Comment

When was the last time "The Real JD" was at a James DeGale fight?

Honestly can't recall too many times lately. I've been thinking he was highly beatable since that Porky fight & I don't think he's won a fight since then.

Comment

Lara vs. Hurd and Truax vs. DeGale on the same card! Props to PBC and Showtime, once again! Keep 'em coming!

Comment

The real JD ? Would that be “joey deacon” ?
              The blue peter megastar!!! Would have had a better chance The this mouthy kunt. I hope truax knocks him clean out out in the style of Kostya tszyu against Judah.

Comment

Originally posted by micky1971 View Post
                I hope truax knocks him clean out out in the style of Kostya tszyu against Judah.
                That's one of my all time favourite knockouts! A mouthy c*nt like Judah getting a reality check. DeGale will be shattered if he loses the rematch on the fight he was never supposed to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunchbucket View Post
                  That's one of my all time favourite knockouts! A mouthy c*nt like Judah getting a reality check. DeGale will be shattered if he loses the rematch on the fight he was never supposed to lose.
                  Damn straight bro.

Comment

Originally posted by springfiels View Post
                    Agree with both you chops generally... Definitely think McDonnell has been a hindrance, he's a fitness trainer / cheerleader for Degale. Thats what Degale wants a needs though, they're co-dependants. Degale has loads of talent, but a bad attitude and delusions of grandeur.
                    Yes, as much as I can’t stand either of these people I would have to say it’s true, degayle does have some talent that a decent trainer would improve and bring out but, not happening.
                    Ole Ronald McDonald is giving his mum a portion of pee wee kock.

Comment

Working...
                    X