Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can't some people just get an honest job?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
    labor jobs such as clean up! trash picking, etc.!!

jobs that require you to be outside 90% of the time.

anyone can get a job, its up to the individual.

i've paid people before to come clean up the mess left over from remodeling our house.

anyone cannot get a job. no economist is going to agree with you.

and you've never employed anybody if your shining example is the one time you paid a bum to clean your house after you remodeled it. sometimes you just need to shut up and listen to people who have employed people that it's not responsible, or even possible, to employ a genuine transient with mental illness, a slew of health problems, and who is a raging drunk.

unemployment exists. it's actually good and neccessary for the economy for there to be a small amount of unemployment. some people cannot be employed.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

and you've never employed anybody if your shining example is the one time you paid a bum to clean your house after you remodeled it. sometimes you just need to shut up and listen to people who have employed people that it's not responsible, or even possible, to employ a genuine transient with mental illness, a slew of health problems, and who is a raging drunk.

unemployment exists. it's actually good and neccessary for the economy for there to be a small amount of unemployment. some people cannot be employed.
      anyone can get a job!! give me one good reason why they cant? you're talking about good jobs, etc. of course no one is gonna hire some trashy looking dude. you need to go look for jobs that are outdoor and require you to do dirty work.

Comment

i did community service a few years back for my dui.

they sent me to the landfill where all the trash gets dumped here. one of the guys in charge of us used to be homeless. so yes, anyone can get a job! its up to you.

if you wanna talk about nobody is gonna hire a smelly trashy looking person. well, use the money they got from begging at the street light and go clean themselves up! like i said, its up to the individual how bad they want it.

Comment

anyone can get a job!! give me one good reason why they cant? you're talking about good jobs, etc. of course no one is gonna hire some trashy looking dude. you need to go look for jobs that are outdoor and require you to do dirty work.
          This is a ridiculous statement. I walk through downtown crossing everyday to work and see homeless/street people that are destitute, horribly addicted to drugs and alcohol or are extremely mentally ill. These people are on the fringes of society and are not competent mentally or physically to work.

Comment

i'm not talking about good jobs! i'm talking about entry level work. i sell manufacturing equipment, i am around these people every single day adn i sell machines that put them out of work.

do you even know what an FDA facility is without looking it up?

Comment

i did community service a few years back for my dui.

they sent me to the landfill where all the trash gets dumped here. one of the guys in charge of us used to be homeless. so yes, anyone can get a job! its up to you.

if you wanna talk about nobody is gonna hire a smelly trashy looking person. well, use the money they got from begging at the street light and go clean themselves up! like i said, its up to the individual how bad they want it.

that is not a job!

that's state mandated and regulated community service.

when i got my DUI i could pay for it

you should just take your L and realize you're talking to people who have a much higher level of understanding than you do regarding the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                This is a ridiculous statement. I walk through downtown crossing everyday to work and see homeless/street people that are destitute, horribly addicted to drugs and alcohol or are extremely mentally ill. These people are on the fringes of society and are not competent mentally or physically to work.
                those people aint looking for a job!! wtf.

im talking about people who is looking for work.

Comment

that is not a job!

you should just take your L and realize you're talking to people who have a much higher level of understanding than you do regarding the subject.
                  the ****!!??? bro!! re-read what i wrote!! the guy in charge was not in for dui!! the guy in charge is a city worker who USED to be homeless. he was in charge of watching us while we clean up.

Comment

that is not a job!

in cali, it doesnt matter if you can pay for it or not. your still gonna have to take classes and do community service (that's their punishment to you, if they allow you to pay then 90% of the people convicted of dui will just pay and repeat the process, they make you go take classes and do community service because these take up your personal time). read carefully next time before jumping the gun!

Comment

i'm not talking about good jobs! i'm talking about entry level work. i sell manufacturing equipment, i am around these people every single day adn i sell machines that put them out of work.

do you even know what an FDA facility is without looking it up?
                      again, you're still talking about working in a manufacturing warehouse. im talking about outdoor general labor type jobs!

Comment

Working...
                      X