Collapse
No announcement yet.

Underrated Movies Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross of iron is cool. The Babadook was a good film that had a pretty quiet release.

Comment

Originally posted by classicbuzzbox View Post
      Cross of iron is cool. The Babadook was a good film that had a pretty quiet release.
      I've wanted to see Cross of Iron for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
        I've wanted to see Cross of Iron for a while now.
        Yeah its a different viewpoint, great action/war film. Coburn's Steiner character is pretty nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by classicbuzzbox View Post
          Yeah its a different viewpoint, great action/war film. Coburn's Steiner character is pretty nuts.
          Oh good. I always love Coburn, even when he played that lowdown bastard on Affliction. So convincing and so evil but still so human. Coburn was always underrated as an actor.

Comment

black panther

Comment

Scott Pilgrim vs the World

Comment

Brotherhood of the Wolf

Comment

Scott Pilgrim Versus the World was awesome. I have no idea why it's not way more popular. That constant tension people have in their teenage years with relationships and so forth is tackled in a great, entertaining way. It's a super fun movie!

The VVITCH has the remarkable feat of shining a light on the awkward dynamic within many families, indirectly. The fear in that story is truly all about the impending growth of the protagonist, and what that means for everyone involved. This connects with real life on many levels, and it's a topic society pretends doesn't exist. If movie-culture were more honest, we'd see tons of movies on this theme.

Black Panther, for many, appears to be an attempt to cash in on the absence of movies dealing with racism, oppression, and their effects on minorities. Despite this controversy, however, the movie at least still focuses on these topics, which is refreshing to see. Nice soundtrack, too!

Get Out is my pick for underrated movie. While deemed silly by quite a few people, the movie had a massive impact culturally, in the way it referenced the pressure minorities face to assimilate. This is another movie that focused on a topic few dared to explore, through the Sunken Place.

Last, but not least, I'd like to give a shout out to Lost in Translation. While not necessarily underrated, the movie somehow (for me) highlighted the fear of a disconnected world and long-distance relationships. I cried at the end of it!
                  Last edited by SunSpace; 04-02-2018, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Saw this movie on HBAo and walked in not knowing anything about it called Nocturnal Animal.

It’s one of those artsy/interpretive film. I usually don’t like those but I liked this one

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X