Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua will get slept like Breazeale against Wilder.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think so too. But boxing is very much difficult to predict sometimes. I remember Gerald McClellan and Julian Jackson.

Comment

Wilder will get outboxed, beaten up and stopped like Breazeale against Joshua.

Comment

Once Wilder touches AJ I doubt AJ will engage much

Comment

Joshua is more skilled than Wilder, mixes up his attack a lot better and sets up his attack a lot better and he has KO power. Wilder doesn't mix up his attack or set up his attack at all even though he has insane power. For this, I favor Joshua because you always got to go with the more skilled fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            ... people should watch again that Duhaupas fight... it would help a lot!
            Yes, but the truth is, Wilder was a fresh new champ than..But Duhaupas has a hell of a chin..he took everything Miller threw on him..Well, Povetkin stopped him easily..

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
              Not sure where all this AJ is slow talk is coming from, he’s not as athletic as Wilder but he delivers his punches fairly quickly and with better and sharper technique. When they do fight I expect Joshua to beat Wilder to the punch and make him pay dearly for those wide open swings. Breazeale was just a little off target with that right hand yesterday but that’s history now.
              True. They are pretending as if Joshua is some slow plodder, which is nothing further from the truth. And he's insanely fast in his counter for a 245 6'6 dude. And he never admires his work at any point (except during the Klitschko fight, where he got carried away on the 5th.) And always goes out of range when the opponent tries to counter back.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                Klit dropped Joshua with a straight right hand - Wilder could easily do the same thing.

Joshua is not exactly a defensive genius like Fury, he relies on physicality and is a decent counter puncher.

You need very good ring craft and lateral movement to avoid guys like Wilder who basically have huge reach / arcs of fire - if you can control the space around / between the fighters you can neutralize that threat, especially as Wilder throws himself off balance a lot. To do this you need to be a very natural boxer and be confident in your ability to avoid getting tagged clean.

I'm no longer sure Joshua has the above qualities - they cannot be taught late in a given career.
                You are actually comparing Wilder to Wlad about their right hands, whom Wlad's right hand and left hook was touted as one of the best in terms of technique and accuracy while Wilder's is known to flail and Windmill.
                If Wlad actually fought Wilder back in 17 and not Joshua, he would have knocked Wilder out.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                  Maybe, that is still to be decided.

What we know for sure is that Fury took Wilder to school and gave him a boxing less, only to get robbed by the judges of a rightful victory.
                  Fury nearly got KOd and Wilder managed to win a couple of rounds, it was nowhere near as 1 sided as Fury-Wlad.

The AJ Wlad fought was coming off a Bryant Jennings bout that took him 116-112 on 2 judges cards, 0 knock downs. Then a complete schooling by Fury, all this 2 years earlier.

Aj is nowhere near the quality of boxer Fury is and it's doubtful he has the chin. Pedvetkin, Whyte, JP to name a few have all stunned AJ.

Comment

I think so too if the fight happens before Wilder is 36.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                      You are actually comparing Wilder to Wlad about their right hands, whom Wlad's right hand and left hook was touted as one of the best in terms of technique and accuracy while Wilder's is known to flail and Windmill.
                      If Wlad actually fought Wilder back in 17 and not Joshua, he would have knocked Wilder out.
                      Wilder's right hand is the hardest in the division right now, like it or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X