Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Canelo is Ambitious, Wants To Face Champ at 175

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo is way better than all the 175

Skillwise

But he is smaller.

Of fact, if he get a belt against a good champion in 175 he will be up there with Floyd and Pacquiao as the best of the.last 20 years

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
      In the fight before that a JWW/WW broke his orbital bone in what was supposed to be a tuneup for a Floyd rematch.

Writing was on the wall that DLH was done and Manny juiced himself enough to deliver the last blow
      Still butthurt that a full of juiced floyd with extra IV could only managed a gift win against an old and past prime dela hoya. lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
        He didn't need to be careful and come in 3.5 lbs over, he could have been anything he wanted. Why limit someone? Why the clause in the first place? The guy is a pure fraud. Is it not true he has rehydration clauses?
        Don't they give him advantages?
        Is it not true he has recieved many favours from judges and has had too many controversial fights? One fight you can understand but when that becomes a pattern there is cause for concern.
        Is it not true he has fought many small guys from 147 and even 140 lbs?
        Doesn't his list of so called conquests include small boys like Josesito Lopez, Amir Khan, Hatton, Baldomir, Mosley, Cotto and he lost to Mayweather and Cotto (though the corrupt judges gave him the fight? and never mind drug use. Truth is we know where to rank Canelo, that is below Cotto but above Mosley.

These days I see it's increasingly becoming criminal to tell the truth.
        That's why catchweights for titles is stupid. Cotto had the nerve to say that going forward he would only fight at catchweights after he won the middleweight title.

Comment

I like his courage, but... no... just no.

Kovalev, Gvozdyk, Beterbiev, Yarde, Bivol.

He won't just lose, he would get freaking WRECKED.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
            Still butthurt that a full of juiced floyd with extra IV could only managed a gift win against an old and past prime dela hoya. lmao.
            To this day - being completely honest - I dont know if prime Floyd beats prime Oscar.

I dont think prime Manny beats prime Oscar, but I don't know if Floyd does either.

And that's the truth

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              That's why catchweights for titles is stupid. Cotto had the nerve to say that going forward he would only fight at catchweights after he won the middleweight title.
              Cotto won MW at 159, defended at 157 and 155. He never even fought to 160 - not once.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                Canelo is way better than all the 175

Skillwise

But he is smaller.

Of fact, if he get a belt against a good champion in 175 he will be up there with Floyd and Pacquiao as the best of the.last 20 years
                Yeah but Floyd has enough frame to fight at higher weights - not too short and kind of freakishly long arms (for his height).

Canelo is short with short reach for MIDDLEWEIGHT let alone SMW or LHW

Comment

Working...
                X