No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: John Scully Discusses His Passion To Help Fellow Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    It's always good to see someone making an effort to help fighters. There are too many of them who are down on their luck.
    It's amazing to me because as it said in the article I always kind of thought all boxers were at least a little bit well off during their careers and after their careers.

Even the second-string shortstop on any team in the major leagues is making a solid amount of money and is able to own a home and a car and handle his business.

Amazing that so many fighters end up not even close to being able to maintain a similar lifestyle

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
      Great story...he's a compassionate soul. I always like reading John Scully's posts on here. I didn't realize he was training Artur Beterbiev.
      I'm not his head trainer. Marc Ramsay is. I help train him in the gym and work on specific things but MARC is the head trainer

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
        Agree. I remember when he used to be on the AOL boards back in the day (early 2000's).

Guy has more knowledge of boxing than most on this earth.

Class guy, humble, and here he is definitely doing the right thing helping out.

Kind of surprised he posts here sometimes as some people are just filled with venom or trolls with personal agendas. Not too mention the other assorted weirdos.
        Jrec... are you in touch with any of the people from that board way back when? I've got quite a few of them on my Facebook page including:TheTanTerror aka Rhyth...PHLYINGPHOENIX...NAF728...Jumby...

Comment

FOR THE RECORD EVERYONE....no matter if you were a boxer or not, you ARE INVITED to attend this event from 12 noon to 4 pm on Sunday MAY 19th in the Bronx, NYC...named like Junior Jones, Breland, Barkley, Starling will be there among many others...

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
            FOR THE RECORD EVERYONE....no matter if you were a boxer or not, you ARE INVITED to attend this event from 12 noon to 4 pm on Sunday MAY 19th in the Bronx, NYC...named like Junior Jones, Breland, Barkley, Starling will be there among many others...
            I'm sure most boxing fans that live around there would love to go and show some love to past fighters. I doubt many posters will see your post though. Maybe a mod can make a thread and sticky it?

-MEGA-, BostonGuy, TBear, jaded, LoadedWraps, bigjavi973

Comment

Jrec... are you in touch with any of the people from that board way back when? I've got quite a few of them on my Facebook page including:TheTanTerror aka Rhyth...PHLYINGPHOENIX...NAF728...Jumby...
              A few of them. Haven't heard from Scott9945 and dantheboof in forever though.
              JAB and a few others are on here.

Hey, Michael Nunn is out of prison? That is great news if true.
              Last edited by jreckoning; 04-27-2019, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                I'm sure most boxing fans that live around there would love to go and show some love to past fighters. I doubt many posters will see your post though. Maybe a mod can make a thread and sticky it?

-MEGA-, BostonGuy, TBear, jaded, LoadedWraps, bigjavi973
                Lets hope so...gonna be a GREAT opportunity for people to meet some great boxers AND to help boxers in need

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                  A few of them. Haven't heard from Scott9945 and dantheboof in forever though.
                  JAB and a few others are on here.

Hey, Michael Nunn is out of prison? That is great news if true.
                  Yup, Michael has been out for about 5 weeks or so...we talk every couple days. I'm expecting to see him at an event on Atlantic City in June.

Comment

I'm not his head trainer. Marc Ramsay is. I help train him in the gym and work on specific things but MARC is the head trainer
                    Big fan of your work and also am a massive fan of Beterbiev...wanted to know how do you rate him as a fighter? Does he hit as hard as people say and also do you think his next fight could be a banana skin as hot rod IMO is very underrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Ssssh11 View Post
                      Big fan of your work and also am a massive fan of Beterbiev...wanted to know how do you rate him as a fighter? Does he hit as hard as people say and also do you think his next fight could be a banana skin as hot rod IMO is very underrated.
                      Thank u very much, my man...MUCH APPRECIATED...

I have actually sparred the guy Hot Rod before and he is very very tall and rangy. I didn't think he was a killer puncher but strong enough like most guys at 175, but he's got the potential to make any fight difficult style wise in large part because of his height.

I know Artur prepares for everything. I've never sparred with Artur but I've held the pads for him many many many times. I go by two things. The results of his power in his real fights, which has been devastating.

But even more telling is the fact that almost every guy I know who has sparred with him tells me he is the hardest puncher they've ever been in the ring with.
                      Last edited by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY; 04-28-2019, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X