Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2019, 01:43 PM #231
davefromvancouv davefromvancouv is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 373
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12
davefromvancouv is just really nicedavefromvancouv is just really nicedavefromvancouv is just really nicedavefromvancouv is just really nicedavefromvancouv is just really nice
Points: 14,558.47
Bank: 1,251.44
Total Points: 15,809.91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaNeutral. View Post
Yeah ok. If they do i hope they are willing to send some details over or a contract or maybe not cancel meetings and give them a bit more than a 24 hour deadline. Maybe they can attach the contract to a flying pig. Because Deontays personal email account is a bit risky as it doesnt seem to send attachments.
When you do your own research, you'll find out that Hearn rejected the $50 million against 50% offer because they wanted the fight in the UK.

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
davefromvancouv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-30-2019, 01:59 PM #232
NachoMan NachoMan is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 2,815
Quoted: 612 Post(s)
Rep Power: 17
NachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 23,480.90
Bank: 1,214.72
Total Points: 24,695.62
Collection starter - mathed No Message - mathed No Message - mathed 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus View Post
What on earth is that source? It's a random fluff piece which is clearly not fact checked.

There were loads of articles on this very site with direct quotes from Hearn about the DAZN deal and how DAZN have first-option on Joshua fights but do not have a deal with him specifically.

So no DAZN can't tell AJ what's up because they have no deal with Anthony Joshua.
Okay, let's give you an analogy/example to help you digest it a bit. Let's use a business where you might work (assuming, of course, you were employable). Let's say the trash removal company where you worked (Mickey's Trash Removal Company) had you doing residential garbage rounds. You go around in a truck with your mate to the nice suburban neighborhoods picking up bagged garbage from the best homes in the city. You love it because its easy, no-mess and pays pretty well (Think AJ fighting domestic rivals). Life couldn't be better for you.

But then, your boss and company owner, Mickey, decides that he wants to make it to the next level and negotiates a contract with the big dogs, National Waste Management Services. This company owns major contracts with government and large private sector companies to handle an array of waste management services. Mickey is ecstatic because this new deal is going to bring his podunk garbage company to the next level. Mickey is smart because, unlike you, he stayed in school. He knows that his new contract is going to make him a millionaire and he will soon be able to retire and get away from the world of garbage (unlike you).

The problem for you is that Mickey's deal with National Waste Management means that they no longer need you to be running your normal routes through the suburbs. They already have people handling the residential garbage who will fill in and take your old route. Now, since your boss works for them, they tell you what you'll be doing. In this case, National Waste Management needs more hands dedicated to working on something more important. The city has been overrun with stray dogs and cats for years and the people and mayor are furious. National Waste Mgmt needs people to go through the city picking up tons of dog and cat sh.it to make sure they keep their important government contracts alive.

So what's going to happen here? You didn't sign any contract with National Waste Management, so nothings going to change for you, right? No, of course not. You work for Mickey and Mickey gets told what's up by National Waste Management. So guess what, kid? After that cold rush of air called reality hits you in the face and you get over your regretful decision to drop out of school, you will sure as f.u.c.k pull on your boots and overalls and get your a-ss out on the streets and get to picking up piles of steaming dog and cat sh.it....with your bare-f.ucking hands if Mickey and the bosses say so.

Now do you get it? It's not so complicated really.

Last edited by NachoMan; 03-30-2019 at 02:05 PM.
NachoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 02:43 PM #233
DaNeutral. DaNeutral. is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 1,824
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Rep Power: 4
DaNeutral. has much to be proud ofDaNeutral. has much to be proud ofDaNeutral. has much to be proud ofDaNeutral. has much to be proud ofDaNeutral. has much to be proud ofDaNeutral. has much to be proud ofDaNeutral. has much to be proud ofDaNeutral. has much to be proud ofDaNeutral. has much to be proud ofDaNeutral. has much to be proud of
Points: 43,473.00
Bank: 1,233.03
Total Points: 44,706.03
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefromvancouv View Post
When you do your own research, you'll find out that Hearn rejected the $50 million against 50% offer because they wanted the fight in the UK.

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Yes all that happened weeks after Finkels 24 hour deadline. Hearn still never received any terms or conditions or a contract when he asked for one. Only weeks later did Haymon confirm the offer was not infact a joke one. But Hearn had to ask because the email came from Wilders personal account and Finkel shut down all communications.

Weeks later it was confirmed it was a real offer and Hearn decided to ignore it and stage the fight in the UK. But all that fishiness and refusals from Finkel still happened.
DaNeutral. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 03:14 PM #234
davefromvancouv davefromvancouv is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 373
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12
davefromvancouv is just really nicedavefromvancouv is just really nicedavefromvancouv is just really nicedavefromvancouv is just really nicedavefromvancouv is just really nice
Points: 14,558.47
Bank: 1,251.44
Total Points: 15,809.91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaNeutral. View Post
Yes all that happened weeks after Finkels 24 hour deadline. Hearn still never received any terms or conditions or a contract when he asked for one. Only weeks later did Haymon confirm the offer was not infact a joke one. But Hearn had to ask because the email came from Wilders personal account and Finkel shut down all communications.

Weeks later it was confirmed it was a real offer and Hearn decided to ignore it and stage the fight in the UK. But all that fishiness and refusals from Finkel still happened.
Yes, because Hearn rejected the offer. Accepting the offer would mean relinquishing control for the fight. So no need for a meeting or a contract. It will be the same thing this time around. Probably a better offer than the original, $75 million against 50%, with a $50 million guarantee for the rematch. On Showtime PPV and Sky Sports. Hearn has to MATCH this offer if he wants the fight on DAZN in the UK. He did not do that the last time and he has YET to match the ORIGINAL offer.
davefromvancouv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 03:33 PM #235
Scipio2009 Scipio2009 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 13,122
Quoted: 6499 Post(s)
Rep Power: 34
Scipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 41,598.50
Bank: 22,765.47
Total Points: 64,363.97
liar - cheeseburger agenda troll - cheeseburger 8===o - cheeseburger agenda troll - cheeseburger enjoy - -MAKAVELLI- 
- enjoy - cheeseburger **** - cheeseburger 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatismyname View Post
That's exactly whats gonna happen. Wilder is gonna get Stevenson'd/Jermell Charlo'd and he is gonna go from 40million to 2 million over night.
Lol. Wilder is basically on $10m+ a fight now, for the rest of his run and will grow as the PPV audience builds for The Deontay Wilder Show.

Hate is a disease
Scipio2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 03:42 PM #236
Scipio2009 Scipio2009 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 13,122
Quoted: 6499 Post(s)
Rep Power: 34
Scipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 41,598.50
Bank: 22,765.47
Total Points: 64,363.97
liar - cheeseburger agenda troll - cheeseburger 8===o - cheeseburger agenda troll - cheeseburger enjoy - -MAKAVELLI- 
- enjoy - cheeseburger **** - cheeseburger 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishOxide View Post
So? No contract was ever signed, Deyonce had that offer on the table and in public. Just 12 months ago he said he would take 40% for a Wembley fight. Now he won't even take it for a fight on his own soil? That's called ducking a fight for the undisputed heavyweight world championship.



Again, it's public knowledge. All Deyonce had to do was say 'Yes, I will take 40% on my own soil and my own network. At that point all Showtime have to do is guarantee Joshua more than DAZN would be willing too. There were no flat fees from Hearn when the Fury fight fell through, because by then the Miller fight was done. DAZN were the ones who offered flat fees.



Because the Miller fight was done by then? The bottom line is that Deyonce got offered $40m to fight Joshua, on the condition that he fight Breazeale for $20m. Ray Finkel declared this was a $100m fight. $40m is 40% of $100m. Are you following here?

If Deyonce didn't want Breazeale included in the contract then that's all he had to say. Instead, his excuse was that he didn't know what Joshua was making. So although you have the issue with the multi fight contract, Deyonce doesn't.
If the offer was already on the table, why the **** would Hearn still be picking around with the fee, lol?

"Hey DAZN, I've got an agreement in hand for Joshua-Wilder; what's your first offer for this fight before I shop it?"

60/40 was for a fight in the UK at Wembley; Joshua had a standing offer for $50m against 50% for a fight in the US.

Why the **** would Wilder move off of his number to now only take 40% in the US?

You're a waste of time; gave your intelligence too much credit.

My mistake
Scipio2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 03:44 PM #237
Scipio2009 Scipio2009 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 13,122
Quoted: 6499 Post(s)
Rep Power: 34
Scipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 41,598.50
Bank: 22,765.47
Total Points: 64,363.97
liar - cheeseburger agenda troll - cheeseburger 8===o - cheeseburger agenda troll - cheeseburger enjoy - -MAKAVELLI- 
- enjoy - cheeseburger **** - cheeseburger 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax teller View Post
So Wilder lied to you all and effectively mis-sold you fans the fight against Fury?
Wladimir Klitschko's entire run was mis-sold to the fans. What's your point?
Scipio2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 03:49 PM #238
Scipio2009 Scipio2009 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 13,122
Quoted: 6499 Post(s)
Rep Power: 34
Scipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond reputeScipio2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 41,598.50
Bank: 22,765.47
Total Points: 64,363.97
liar - cheeseburger agenda troll - cheeseburger 8===o - cheeseburger agenda troll - cheeseburger enjoy - -MAKAVELLI- 
- enjoy - cheeseburger **** - cheeseburger 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davefromvancouv View Post
Thanks for the links. Not sure what all the drama is about from the Joshua fans. Wilder's team will probably make another offer to Joshua after Joshua beats Miller. I'm guessing they'll increase their original offer to $75 million against 50%, with a $50 million rematch clause. Then it's quite possible the IBF will strip the winner (if the Wilder-Joshua rematch happens immediately after the first fight) and Top Rank will make Fury vs Pulev for the IBF belt.
The $50m against 50% offer isn't going to change; Wilder's camp believed that they were lowballed on the first offer, believed the fight was worth far more than was on offer, and put their money where their mouth was.

Since Anthony Joshua no longer has issues traveling to fight, I fully expect that the $50m against 50% offer will be made again.
Scipio2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 04:03 PM #239
davefromvancouv davefromvancouv is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 373
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12
davefromvancouv is just really nicedavefromvancouv is just really nicedavefromvancouv is just really nicedavefromvancouv is just really nicedavefromvancouv is just really nice
Points: 14,558.47
Bank: 1,251.44
Total Points: 15,809.91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio2009 View Post
The $50m against 50% offer isn't going to change; Wilder's camp believed that they were lowballed on the first offer, believed the fight was worth far more than was on offer, and put their money where their mouth was.

Since Anthony Joshua no longer has issues traveling to fight, I fully expect that the $50m against 50% offer will be made again.
We'll see. Let's just hope they both get through their upcoming fights.
davefromvancouv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 04:35 PM #240
Patsfan bri Patsfan bri is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,472
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Rep Power: 6
Patsfan bri is just really nicePatsfan bri is just really nicePatsfan bri is just really nicePatsfan bri is just really nice
Points: 11,424.17
Bank: 1,173.04
Total Points: 12,597.21
one of our finest - __________ 
Default

If Aj really wants it he will Hearn to make it happen at 50-50. Another thing how the hell is Usyk the wbo mandatory when he has never had a fight yet at hw?
Patsfan bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:45 AM.