Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Duva: Kovalev Still Man to Beat in Light Heavyweight Division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Kov quit after some body shots. He wasn't able to bully Ward, lost on the inside, and quit.

Did he get hit low, yes. Did he commit fouls, yes.

A ton of other people have been hit repeatedly low far worse and didn't quit.

He's a biyatch.
    And did the refs in those fights immediately wave them off and award the win to the guy who delivered the low blows?

Here's a video of that biyatch Floyd Mayweather trying to quit against Conor McTapper .. but the ref wouldn't let him.

Why is a white guy allowed to quit but a black guy isn't? That's racist! SMH.

Comment

Nah. A lot of bad match ups at 175 for Kov. His flabby beer gut won't be able to handle Jacks surgical body work.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        And did the refs in those fights immediately wave them off and award the win to the guy who delivered the low blows?

Here's a video of that biyatch Floyd Mayweather trying to quit against Conor McTapper .. but the ref wouldn't let him.

Why is a white guy allowed to quit but a black guy isn't? That's racist! SMH.
        Yawn! Kov went out like a pussy kafkod. You can keep denying it. Fine with me.

You've seen the responses from a number of pro fighters saying the same thing. I get you like him, but you want to pretend he took Golata like nut shots and he didn't.

Comment

Yawn! Kov went out like a pussy kafkod. You can keep denying it. Fine with me.

You've seen the responses from a number of pro fighters saying the same thing. I get you like him, but you want to pretend he took Golata like nut shots and he didn't.
          I don't care what pro fighters say about that fight .. I saw what happened with my own eyes.

I hate blatent injustice and cheating more than I like Kovalev. Ward and his gangster team used every dirty trick in the book to rip Kovalev off and steal his titles, from biased judges and a bent ref to tapping his trainer up in the middle of a camp.

Comment

I don't care what pro fighters say about that fight .. I saw what happened with my own eyes.

I hate blatent injustice and cheating more than I like Kovalev. Ward and his gangster team used every dirty trick in the book to rip Kovalev off and steal his titles, from biased judges and a bent ref to tapping his trainer up in the middle of a camp.
            Fighting inside and winning and making your opponent tire and wilt isn't cheating. Ward was champ, not Kov, so the titles were not stolen.

Kov has a history of talking tough and then not showing up, whether its purse bids or title fights.

Kov fouled as well. it was a dirty fight and the better man won.

Comment

Fighting inside and winning and making your opponent tire and wilt isn't cheating. Ward was champ, not Kov, so the titles were not stolen.

Kov has a history of talking tough and then not showing up, whether its purse bids or title fights.

Kov fouled as well. it was a dirty fight and the better man won.
              The ref warned Ward for landing punches on Kovalev's waist band in round 2. By round 8 the rules had changed. Punches to the waist band and below were now allowed. But Kovalev didn't know that till he crumpled after being punched in the cup 3 times and the ref raised Ward's hand.

Some fans will accept anything as long as their man gets the W when it's all over. Ward treated his fans with the contempt they deserve by taking the money and running. Hopefully, we'll get some good championship fights at 175 now he's gone.

Comment

The ref warned Ward for landing punches on Kovalev's waist band in round 2. By round 8 the rules had changed. Punches to the waist band and below were now allowed. But Kovalev didn't know that till he crumpled after being punched in the cup 3 times and the ref raised Ward's hand.

Some fans will accept anything as long as their man gets the W when it's all over. Ward treated his fans with the contempt they deserve by taking the money and running. Hopefully, we'll get some good championship fights at 175 now he's gone.
                You blame Ward, ref, commission, fans. everyone but the guy that quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Satir View Post
                  the fact that Kovalev gets a title shot (not Barrera, not Badou Jack, not Gwozdyk) straight after Ward's fights proves it once again what everybody was thinking about this whole Ward situation, that he didnt lose the first fight and was beaten to the nuts in the second, which he was actually winning before the strange stoppage
                  Winning ?

Kovalev even admits to not remembering a damn thing after the 2nd round of their last contest. Clearly he was out on his feet early.

Gotta give him credit doe, as I've never seen a fighter fight 6 rounds out on their feet, lol

Comment

Kovalev is still a tough match for anyone, but the mystique is definitely gone ... and the division has gotten much tougher. He should win this one, but it's gonna be tough soon. Adonis is still the man, even if Ward had stayed. Anyone that wants to change it, go get it. He's been trying to make deals, has guaranteed support in Canada, and a lineal belt. No whining or crying ... you wanna be king? Make a deal and go take it! Crying "my network won't let me" is bullS*#@+!
                    Last edited by MastaBlasta; 11-21-2017, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Also, K. Duva is worse than a pimp. If she really believed Kov was the man, she would make sure he gets paid like it. She treats the whole thing like she thinks Kov is "the sucker".

Comment

Working...
                      X