Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

View Poll Results: How excited are you to see Ward vs. Kovalev?
More excited than ever 9 16.36%
Less excited than before 20 36.36%
About the same level of excitement 26 47.27%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2016, 01:12 AM #1
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 9809 Post(s)
Motorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,100,001,002,558,880.00
always dropping hot boxing news first - Sup Do your thang m8 - Canelo and GGG for exposing (((them))) - Sup Nobody cared when you were banned because nobody likes you - Arthur Dayne Good effort!!! - MDPopescu 
Rock on brother - siablo14 splitting your mommy clean in two - //// clown - apples Because you can't keep our white dlcks out of your mouth - !nternation Thanks for the help - 1bad65 
Default Folks, that's how you over marinate a fight

After Chilemba vs. Kovalev and Ward vs. Brand I'm less excited to see the fight than I was back in March after Kovalev vs. Pascal and Ward vs. Sully B. This build up had the opposite effect on me. Roc Nation is trash. HBO is trash. If ya'll can't afford to put on good fights ya'll really need to get out the game. Being a boxing fan is already expensive and ya'll trying to fleece us with these PPV's and subscription to watch sub par fights. I'll be streaming Ward vs. Kovalev and
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
You get no more money out of me this year

This sums it up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCell8 View Post
I believe the fight took a huge hit in terms of buys. It's still significant fight. But it's not as big of an event now imo.

First off neither Kovalev or Ward looked great in their last bout. Kovalev was sloppy and wild and Ward couldn't finish a 40 year old and stunk up the joint.

Secondly, the promotion following the Ward's victory was some of the worst I've ever seen. They bring in Kovalev at the end of the fight and they pretty much showed respect and gave one line answers. The crowd wasn't really too thrilled. They need a Fury-Wilder moment or something close to that and they didn't get it. That's both of their fault.

Now we're finding out that the PPV will be sandwiched between Pacquiao's PPV and Cotto's. The Cotto PPV doesn't matter, but the Pacquiao one does. Especially if they load up the card. That fight is two weeks before the Kovalev fight.

They had to give fans a reason to buy the PPV and they didn't. I'd argue that they gave them a good reason to stream the fight.

Total disaster from top to bottom.

Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 08-07-2016 at 02:38 AM.
Motorcity Cobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-07-2016, 01:18 AM #2
-Swift-

Quoted: 920 Post(s)
-NAV- has a reputation beyond repute-NAV- has a reputation beyond repute-NAV- has a reputation beyond repute-NAV- has a reputation beyond repute-NAV- has a reputation beyond repute-NAV- has a reputation beyond repute-NAV- has a reputation beyond repute-NAV- has a reputation beyond repute-NAV- has a reputation beyond repute-NAV- has a reputation beyond repute-NAV- has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 325,680,629,363.21
:beerchug: - -jose- Haha.  Paulie's garbage. - anthonydavid11 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
After Chilemba vs. Kovalev and Ward vs. Brand I'm less excited to see the fight than I was back in March after Kovalev vs. Pascal and Ward vs. Sully B. This build up had the opposite effect on me. Roc Nation is trash. HBO is trash. If ya'll can't afford to put on good fights ya'll really need to get out the game. Being a boxing fan is already expensive and ya'll trying to fleece us with these PPV's and subscription to watch sub par fights. I'll be streaming Ward vs. Kovalev and
You get no more money out of me this year
I'm with you the match up itself is good but it could be a snoozer. I'm sure the undercard is going to suck ass as well.
-NAV- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 01:22 AM #3
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6868 Post(s)
Sugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,498,585,014,177,548,468,224.00
Total Points: 11,522,625,308,977,549,803,520.00
A beer to go along with your winnings from tonight's bets! :) - Tyler_Durden You know your sh1t! have a beer on me - jas a truly ATG poster - here's an apple to sustain that brain power - jas It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being the most knowledgeable poster bar none - jas Always spitting out the truth. - Augustane 
You made some good and fair points for Pac Algieri matchup - hectari couldnt green, but excellent post on violent crime punishment - sugarsmosley appreciate the green - -jose- cheers - Beercules beer's on me bro - Mike D 
Well said - -jose- racist coward - boxingsupreme87 Real talk - jas war sugar - Mike D No Message - mathed 
Have some popcorn my brotha! - Mighty_Windir Suck my BBC, yall will lose then never see a repurblican win again.,, - STAX ON DECK For think'n you're relevant ! LOL ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Good posts - ΣNΣMY One of the best posters here - 1bad65 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - jas Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jas Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jas 

Don't know how Ward and his team can think that the brand fight somehow elevated ward's stock..
Sugar Adam Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 01:24 AM #4
Undisputed Champion

Motorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond repute
always dropping hot boxing news first - Sup Do your thang m8 - Canelo and GGG for exposing (((them))) - Sup Nobody cared when you were banned because nobody likes you - Arthur Dayne Good effort!!! - MDPopescu 
Rock on brother - siablo14 splitting your mommy clean in two - //// clown - apples Because you can't keep our white dlcks out of your mouth - !nternation Thanks for the help - 1bad65 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
Don't know how Ward and his team can think that the brand fight somehow elevated ward's stock..
It didn't. It made it even worse. Ward gets a lot of sh1t but tonight he deserves everything he gets. That was horrible. Ward, Roc Nation and HBO should be ashamed of themselves.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:25 AM #5
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1125 Post(s)
MasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond reputeMasterPlan has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,000,328,478.44

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DSG- View Post
I'm with you the match up itself is good but it could be a snoozer. I'm sure the undercard is going to suck ass as well.
Of course the undercard will suck. Will be filled with Roc and Main Event fighters ... which are who else by the way?
MasterPlan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 01:26 AM #6
Interim Champion

Quoted: 291 Post(s)
MASTERBX is infamous around these partsMASTERBX is infamous around these partsMASTERBX is infamous around these partsMASTERBX is infamous around these partsMASTERBX is infamous around these partsMASTERBX is infamous around these partsMASTERBX is infamous around these partsMASTERBX is infamous around these partsMASTERBX is infamous around these partsMASTERBX is infamous around these partsMASTERBX is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,005,042,903.37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
Elevated his stock? He already has the biggest fight of his career signed.
MASTERBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 01:26 AM #7
Tom Brady=GOAT

Quoted: 2553 Post(s)
SouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,001,098,020.79
Calzaghe is the man!! - mathed happy birthday - LarryXXX happy birthday! - -jose- Happy Birthday.. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - -jose- 
No Message - -jose- almost 2000 gift...thanks for the green - -jose- Heres To Connor Mcgregor Bro, Were Taking Over - Rocky... Genuinely one of the funniest posters on this site. - joseph5620 No Message - -jose- 
Happy New Year bro, All the best for 2016 - Rocky... No Message - -jose- it's going to be the FOTY - Santa_ SOG! - Cutthroat realest ni*ga on earf - Beercules 
Happy Holidays - TBear You are the wind beneath my wings. - PF Rudyo some alize for a real nicca staccin that breade - STAX ON DECK funny as fk - jas May You Have the Woman of Your Dreams - JimRaynor 

Ward-Killa Kov gone do 1 million buys. EASY. Mark my words.
SouthPawHitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 01:30 AM #8
Undisputed Champion

Default How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthPawHitman View Post

Old 08-07-2016, 01:33 AM #9
Tom Brady=GOAT

Quoted: 2553 Post(s)
SouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,001,098,020.79
Calzaghe is the man!! - mathed happy birthday - LarryXXX happy birthday! - -jose- Happy Birthday.. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - -jose- 
No Message - -jose- almost 2000 gift...thanks for the green - -jose- Heres To Connor Mcgregor Bro, Were Taking Over - Rocky... Genuinely one of the funniest posters on this site. - joseph5620 No Message - -jose- 
Happy New Year bro, All the best for 2016 - Rocky... No Message - -jose- it's going to be the FOTY - Santa_ SOG! - Cutthroat realest ni*ga on earf - Beercules 
Happy Holidays - TBear You are the wind beneath my wings. - PF Rudyo some alize for a real nicca staccin that breade - STAX ON DECK funny as fk - jas May You Have the Woman of Your Dreams - JimRaynor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
I'm gone buy it 5 times
SouthPawHitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 01:36 AM #10
Interim Champion

Quoted: 355 Post(s)
i got the keys has a reputation beyond reputei got the keys has a reputation beyond reputei got the keys has a reputation beyond reputei got the keys has a reputation beyond reputei got the keys has a reputation beyond reputei got the keys has a reputation beyond reputei got the keys has a reputation beyond reputei got the keys has a reputation beyond reputei got the keys has a reputation beyond reputei got the keys has a reputation beyond reputei got the keys has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,095,189.78

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
I think it's a sleeper fight that more media will gravitate towards as we get closer to November.
i got the keys is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
fight, folks, marinate, that's

User Tag List