Where is Andy Ruiz Jr this year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Andy Ruiz Jr this year?

Why has he not fought in 2015?

In recent years, Top Rank has a way of ruining talented prospects by keeping them inactive, or by having them fight the same level of inexpensive journeyman opposition for a long time until they stagnate, lose focus, and then actually decline.

Zewski (as I predicted) and Korobov are examples..

The talented Mikey Garcia is trying to break away from Arum, but the inactivity while doing so is damaging his career.

Now Ruiz hasn't fought for many months and has NOTHING scheduled.

Possibly the most talented light heavyweight of all is Gvozdyk, but I'll say it now: Bob Arum will ruin him with inactivity and inexpensive journeyman opposition.

I think the smartest thing Floyd Mayweather ever did was break away from the greedy old snake and become the master of his own destiny.
    Last edited by The Hammer; 05-26-2015, 03:57 PM.

With the work ethic of LarryX and the discipline of HanzGruber, Andy wasn't getting too far. Shame because for as big as he is, he has some speed. He is also fundamentally sound. I was a fan but got disappointed over time, wasted potential.

Comment

Probably at In-N-Out Burger

Comment

Yeah, it's baffling. His conditioning issues notwithstanding, Andy Ruiz, seems to have a good deal of talent - he's got power, good technique and decent speed. For an up-and-coming prospect like him, ideally he should be fighting 4 + times a year and gradually stepping up the level of comp.

Comment

The man should be fighting as a cruiserweight.

I'd like to see him knock out Denis Lebedev and Marco Huck.

Comment

He was in Golovkin's camp and he looked in better shape than in recent matches but if he is not fighthing soon he will be out of shape for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Coachmanager View Post
              He was in Golovkin's camp and he looked in better shape than in recent matches but if he is not fighthing soon he will be out of shape for sure.
              Yes, there's nothing worse a promoter can do a boxer who tends to gain weight easily, than to keep him inactive for a long periods of time.
              Last edited by The Hammer; 05-27-2015, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
                The man should be fighting as a cruiserweight.

I'd like to see him knock out Denis Lebedev and Marco Huck.
                RuizJr at cruiser? I think you're confusing him with someone else! He was damn near 270 his last fight. He should be fighting at 230-40. He'd die trying to make 200

Comment

According to this article Top Rank shelved him until he dealt with his weight issues and is training with Abel Sanchez in Big Bear. Maybe Ruiz should go on "The Biggest Loser" show

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=680707

Comment

Any word on Ruiz? Last I heard, he was training at Big Bear with Sanchez. This guy literally fell off the HW map...

Comment

Working...
                    X