No announcement yet.

Top Rank - good or bad for Rigondeaux?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    With those choices Id hate to be in his/their shoes. If you make the wrong choice you could be fked for the rest of your career. He has to do some serious thinking and choose wisely. I personally would pick the one company who would give me a clause saying they would give me a fight with one of their star fighters. Like Top Rank and Donaire or GBP and Mares. TMT can't do much for him right now and like I said before he's getting older so he needs a company that would move him along fast enough to land him a big fight.

Yea I've been leaning towards this.

I talked to someone that i know from his managers team 3 weeks ago , and they hinted that 50 was trynna sign him and i was thinking 50 wtf is this all about, this was about 1 week and a half before we heard of TMT , he didnt tell me anything specificaly but by what i heard from him it doesnt seem that he is going to TMT, I also heard Golden Boy's offer is much bigger money wise than top rank's (that i read on espn)

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
      I talked to someone that i know from his managers team 3 weeks ago , and they hinted that 50 was trynna sign him and i was thinking 50 wtf is this all about, this was about 1 week and a half before we heard of TMT , he didnt tell me anything specificaly but by what i heard from him it doesnt seem that he is going to TMT, I also heard Golden Boy's offer is much bigger money wise than top rank's (that i read on espn)
      Yup, same thing I heard. TMT might not be a wise choice for him at this age or stage of his career. Like I mentioned before, he needs someone that will be able to move him at a good pace and set him up for that big fight. So far Top Rank has only gotten him exposure but no hints of a big fight or a solid opponent just yet. His toughest opponent has been Cordoba... =/

So that only leaves Golden Boy and I sure hope if he goes with them they dont treat him like Lara. I still can't get over Lara being on a ****ty ass card in freaking Mississipi...

Comment

Working...
      X