Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto vs Mayweather=Gatti vs Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
    i dont agree with you on Cotto's level, IMHO your downgrading Miguel to much, 3 weight class champion fought almost everybody of note at those division...

myself I will rate the win higher than mosley, baldo, oscar, judah heck I can only rate one win higher than cotto....
    The fight hasn't happened yet but I would not rate it higher over the De La Hoya fight (and I had Hoya winning and I know that is very arguable).

Nor would I rate it over the Hatton win. IMHO, I have it De La Hoya, Hatton, Mosley then Cotto/Ortiz as a toss up.

Again I like Cotto but IMO it's on par with a Ortiz victory, assuming FLoyd wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
      Sorry but Gatti nuthugger comments don't change anything.
      I liked Ward, not gatti.

Comment

Sorry but Gatti nuthugger comments don't change anything.
        Floyd was a coward for ducking Ward!

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
          Floyd was a coward for ducking Ward!
          No Floyd was a ***** for "retiring" and letting the top WWs beat each other up. He comes and picks up the "leftovers" and his nuthuggers praise him more as the greatest ever.

Comment

No Floyd was a ***** for "retiring" and letting the top WWs beat each other up. He comes and picks up the "leftovers" and his nuthuggers praise him more as the greatest ever.
            Amen to that brother!!! Green K

Comment

The fight hasn't happened yet but I would not rate it higher over the De La Hoya fight (and I had Hoya winning and I know that is very arguable).

Nor would I rate it over the Hatton win. IMHO, I have it De La Hoya, Hatton, Mosley then Cotto/Ortiz as a toss up.

Again I like Cotto but IMO it's on par with a Ortiz victory, assuming FLoyd wins.
              lolz "assuming" your modest, I am not a floyd fan but going to the fight i think he will win even though I am rooting for Cotto and excited to see how the fight will go and if it can go the way i did not expect ...

Comment

I'm not trying to discredit Cotto here. At the end of the day Im not going to sit here and hype Cotto up just because Mayweather is going to fight him. Im just not. Because like I have said, I've never thought he was that great but I do like him. He's not a HOF'er at least not yet. He hasn't beaten anyone other than Mosley and even that is arguable. At the end of the day, Cotto is good but not great and like Judah, he has failed the majority of the time when fighting the best.
                HE has 2 loses and he revenged one and when he fought margarito he's was the welterweights division "feared" man, now we know his "antonios" career is a fraud. And cotto got his revenge. So his non tainted loss is against manny. He's not like zab judah he's so mentally tougher then zab it isn't even funny Look at there fight against each other and also zab would have folded like a cheap suit if he got a gash over his eye like cotto did against clottey and would have found a way out in the tough fight against mosley. I understand where ur coming from about cotto but your comparing him to boxers he's over in my opinion

Comment

In 2006 when moving up INTO the WW devision Floyd beat TWO (2) out of the top three (3) WW's right off the bat. Then fired Bob, which was the end of the road for fights with top rank and Top Rank fighters...

Now with Cotto, do you see how easy it is for a fighter to get a fight with Floyd when Bob is out of the picture?

Comment

Originally posted by oside4life View Post
                    HE has 2 loses and he revenged one and when he fought margarito he's was the welterweights division "feared" man, now we know his "antonios" career is a fraud. And cotto got his revenge. So his non tainted loss is against manny. He's not like zab judah he's so mentally tougher then zab it isn't even funny Look at there fight against each other and also zab would have folded like a cheap suit if he got a gash over his eye like cotto did against clottey and would have found a way out in the tough fight against mosley. I understand where ur coming from about cotto but your comparing him to boxers he's over in my opinion
                    Cotto is better than Judah. I'm just saying when he fights the best, he fails the majority of the time. Like Judah. I mean the only fighter Cotto is known for beating is Mosley. Take away Mosley and what do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by oside4life View Post
                      He's got his opinion, and i doubt anything you say will change that. FFS, he ranks an old, trigger shy mosley as a tougher opponent than cotto (nevermind that cotto beat a younger mosley who wasnt afraid to let his hands go)

Gatti was a warrior who had tremendous heart. He was a terrible boxer. FOr anybody to even be considering gatti being better than cotto is mindnumbing in itself.

Comment

Working...
                      X