No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook Weighs in at 146 ; Errol Spence Comes in at 146

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
    I can't really say I'm supporting one over the other cause I have reasons to like both guys... Brook is one of the UK fighters I really like but sadly I think his welterweight reign has largely been wasted and the GGG fight could ultimately be the turning point of his career in the wrong way (yes it gave him exposure but at what cost if he loses in convincing fashion tomorrow). I'm not a fan of Spence per say but I really like his attitude and demeanour, I think him winning is probably better for the division as the unification with Thurman will be very easy to put together (its a big fight stateside) and Haymon has most of the best guys at 147 so the best fights will be easier to make. He has substantial hype and praise so if he's indeed The Truth then it can only be good for boxing.

My pick is Spence by tough decision but as I like both guys I just hope that whatever the outcome of the fight is that the NSB trolls have minimal material to work with.
    Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
    Ohhh lool.... erm I actually hate both teams as I support Man Utd.

I'm behind Arsenal as Chelsea have had too much fun this season and it would give me great pleasure to see their fans shed some end of season tears.
    You should be ashamed of the way you snuck into the CL this season.

I've got little faith in our players and especially manager, I think we're gonna get done over and that's gonna somewhat ruin my mood going into the fight.

Comment

It's on. No excuses. Let the best man win!

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        both look in great shape.

No excuses now.
        Exactly!

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
        Brooke should do what Jacobs did not show up for the 2nd weigh in
        He may as well vacate before he
        loses it in the ring

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        I still fully believe Spence and his team thought this was a perfect 'timing' fight.

Brook coming off his only loss, recovering from an injury and everyone expecting him to struggle to make weight.

I think they miscalculated.
        Perfect timing? This is a mandatory. Spence was set to fight Bundu for the eliminator before GGG-Brook was signed & Brook got his eye broken. This fight was happening if Brook would've fought and beat Vargas. This fight has nothing to do with the GGG fight or the eye

Comment

Spencer being put to sleep

The hype ends, he is way out of his depth

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Will be interesting if Spence wants to walk forward once he tastes the first 1-2.
            What those rose colored glasses of yours won't allow you to see is Spence is very versatile and can box and move. He just have never had to. Brook is good enough to force Spence to pull out all tricks to come out victorious. He will have to or he will get starched.

Comment

Both guys look in the shape of their careers.

I wanted o mention the IBF second day weigh in which is such a load of bollocks. They impose a 10lb limit but the weight in takes place in the morning, there will be close to 10 hours till fight time and both guys can put on WAY more in that time period. If you're going to impose a rehydration limit at least make it one that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                Brooke should do what Jacobs did not show up for the 2nd weigh in
                He'd lose his belt. All his talks about is how important it is to him

Comment

Brook looks like the brown version of Jason statham,they look very similar

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Perfect timing? This is a mandatory. Spence was set to fight Bundu for the eliminator before GGG-Brook was signed & Brook got his eye broken. This fight was happening if Brook would've fought and beat Vargas. This fight has nothing to do with the GGG fight or the eye
                    You seem to have interpreted what I said as a negative.

I never said he only took the fight for this, that, or the other. I said I believe in the build up they were expecting Brook to have a hard time making weight and to be a lesser fighter after the Golovkin fight; I believe that to be a false belief.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                      I still fully believe Spence and his team thought this was a perfect 'timing' fight.

Brook coming off his only loss, recovering from an injury and everyone expecting him to struggle to make weight.

I think they miscalculated.
                      Wha??? Spence tried to make this fight before his fight with Algeiri and before Brook signed to fight Golovkin.

Comment

Working...
                      X