No announcement yet.

Powerful “Last Letter” To Bush And Cheney From Dying Iraq War Vet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Not when it causes more harm in the long run. That is the problem with the Neocon foreign policy, it's heavy on war, but light on actual solutions.

How many countries do we have to invade and ruin our economy, have million of lives on our hands before we realize this isn't the way to go in the 21st century?

This is one of the big issues I have with Republicans, they are hawkish, but give no long term solutions. The days of saber rattling are over, why wouldn't we want to talk to Iran and other so called "enemies"?

Iraq and Afghanistan were huge blunders on so many levels. Bush W.'s legacy will not be a good one, and they have caused more harm than good in the long term. Those are just the facts.

I'm also glad I didn't lose someone to those needless wars. What a mind fuk that would be knowing a family member or friend died for lies/mis information.
    pls quit talking political bs.

not left, right, dem, repub, lib, cons.

i care about history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      pls quit talking political bs.

not left, right, dem, repub, lib, cons.

i care about history.
      LOL, so the Bush Doctrine didn't play a part in this history? Jesus fukin Christ.....

Dude, stop talking foreign policy.

Comment

LOL, so the Bush Doctrine didn't play a part in this history? Jesus fukin Christ.....

Dude, stop talking foreign policy.
        that's fine if you want to talk bush doctrine.

but talk about the policy.

not the politics. at least not with me.

left, right, dem, rep, cons, lib.

you realize they fight over meaningless crap?

like gay marriage.

the stuff that matters they do the same thing. majority of their campaign donors are same industries.

Comment

that's fine if you want to talk bush doctrine.

but talk about the policy.

not the politics. at least not with me.

left, right, dem, rep, cons, lib.

you realize they fight over meaningless crap?

like gay marriage.

the stuff that matters they do the same thing. majority of their campaign donors are same industries.
          Ideology matters contrary to your dismissal of it. Also, gay marriage isn't meaningless, it matter to people who had their rights denied for centuries.

Left, right, Dem, Rep matter, because these people hold ideologies, and they act on those ideologies. You talk about history, but history is made by people (and many times one person) with an ideological belief.

Beliefs are the most powerful things we have, they can change the world for good or bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by -jose- View Post
            Many Mothers lost their sons, Wives lost their husbands, Children lost their fathers and this is what you have to say

you a piece of ****!
            Why because his view points don't agree with yours?

Comment

This is the problem I have with this argument. The fact we helped Saddam, armed him against Iran shows how backhanded the whole thing was.

Bottom line, Saddam was a bad human being and I'm glad he's dead. But there are no shortage of dictators on this planet, and it seems the U.S only decides to interfere when it fits there interest and then have no back up plan for what comes after.

ISIS isn't a direct result of the wars, but they do have something to do with the vacuum left. Now the Syrian/Iraqi border is a giant cluster fuk and it seems the only answer is boots on the ground which I don't want to see.
              That's some better posting from you buddy boy.

Comment

Ideology matters contrary to your dismissal of it. Also, gay marriage isn't meaningless, it matter to people who had their rights denied for centuries.

Left, right, Dem, Rep matter, because these people hold ideologies, and they act on those ideologies. You talk about history, but history is made by people (and many times one person) with an ideological belief.

Beliefs are the most powerful things we have, they can change the world for good or bad.
                lol

how has american ideology changed with dems or repubs in power?

is america any different with obama than w?

with bush sr. than clinton?

you are too into politics to realize most their differences are superficial and cosmetic.

what matters in america is money. and when it comes to big business, corporations lib, dem, cons, rep all do the same crap.

they get money from the same ppl.

then they distract idiot voters with race crap and abortion and gay marriage. crap that is very little importance in comparison.

Comment

lol

how has american ideology changed with dems or repubs in power?

is america any different with obama than w?

with bush sr. than clinton?

you are too into politics to realize most their differences are superficial and cosmetic.

what matters in america is money. and when it comes to big business, corporations lib, dem, cons, rep all do the same crap.

they get money from the same ppl.

then they distract idiot voters with race crap and abortion and gay marriage. crap that is very little importance in comparison.
                  How has American ideology changed with Bush and Chaney in power? Are you seriously asking this question?

You are way to cynical my friend, you have bought in to the notion that it's all the same, Dems, Repubs and you are so much smarter for it. Well let's look at history shall we?

Jimmy Carter was the only president in U.S history never to fire a shot in aggression against any other sovereign country. He did this very much because of his ideology, and could have against Iran in one of the most tense situations of our history.

You fast forward to Bush and Chaney, and the Bush Doctrine of preemptive strikes on threats, and you get wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Don't fall for the nonsense that both parties are the same, that's BS. Sure, when it comes to donation money, lobbyists and Washington politics they are they same, but there are some fundamental differences in how they want to go forward in the world.

One party sees war as the answer to everything, the other wants to talk to our "enemies" and gets called a coward and terrorist collaborator for it. Ideology matters and like I also said, social issues matter. Easy for you as a white, heterosexual male to dismiss denying people their rights based on their sexual orientation or skin color, but it matter to many people.

Comment

instability in iraq.

the instability in syria, libya, rest of middle east was caused by arab spring 2010.

ppl just like to tie in iraq war. extras to throw in.
                    There has always been unrest in the Middle East.

Comment

• Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                      That's some better posting from you buddy boy.
                      Yea it's called balance, you should try it sometimes and stop being such a conspiracy theory, extremist nut job.

Comment

Working...
                      X