No announcement yet.

Witnessed a car accident today.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Necrophobic View Post
    I saw someone on a motorbike get fucking nailed by someone who abruptly pulled out of a side street in January. It shook me quite a bit which surprised me because I thought I was an emotionless bad-ass.
    That happened to my dad. Guy on a bike hit something, the bike flipped onto my dad's truck and the driver slammed into a stop sign and was killed.

Comment

A week after new years I was in my room using the computer when I hear the sound of tires screeching followed by a very loud "THUMP!" and a lot of honking. My house is nearby the street sign and a main street so I looked out the window to the corner of my block and there was this sedan parked there with the headlights shining at what was clearly a body laying on the street.

I went outside and looked on with a few neighbors, cops came shortly after, then the ambulance, and a firetruck. The guy who was laying on the street wasn't moving. A couple days later as I was leaving for school and exiting my street I noticed a sign taped on a lamp post that read "RIP Steve" with some candles neatly placed underneath it.

What a terrible start to a new year.
      Last edited by L3TH4L; 04-18-2014, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        i drove about 70K miles last year between my two vehicles. i have seen it all.

fully involved car fires, body bags, tons of blood and people in huge pain, removals of people from totaled cars that look like crushed paper, high speed chases [extremely rare in massachusetts or new hampshire, but i've seen one,] huge trucks in the ocean; i've seen it.

all you can do is say a prayer and keep moving. if you're in a position to safely pull over and help you can do that as well, but it's rare.
        Are you lot still allowed to use a phone while driving?. I was astonished at that when I last visited.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            i drove about 70K miles last year between my two vehicles. i have seen it all.

fully involved car fires, body bags, tons of blood and people in huge pain, removals of people from totaled cars that look like crushed paper, high speed chases [extremely rare in massachusetts or new hampshire, but i've seen one,] huge trucks in the ocean; i've seen it.
            Any opinion on why its rare to see high speed chases over there?

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
              Any opinion on why its rare to see high speed chases over there?

i'm really not sure. there's probably a lot going into making them so rare. we don't carry them on TV the way they evidently do on the west coast.

we don't have many wide open highways, and there's always a ton of traffic near the major cities.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                Are you lot still allowed to use a phone while driving?. I was astonished at that when I last visited.

certain states stipulate that you need a hands free device. mine isn't one of them.

people will literally text message while they drive. i was in a boston cab last night. the cabbie was watching a movie on his cell phone for the entire 15 minute ride.

it's scary how little people seem to grasp the implications of 70 MPH travel.

you guys can't use a phone while driving? even with a headset?

Comment

Working...
                X