Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Real Life High School/College Football Like It Is Portrayed In Films?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Real Life High School/College Football Like It Is Portrayed In Films?

For those in America, is the portrayal of High School/College football in films like Remember The Titans, Friday Night Lights, Varsity Blues etc... and TV series of Friday Night Lights like that in real life? Or is it an exaggerated version of it? In these films they are pumping money in to it and treating it like it's professional football and parents are often going nuts at kids telling them that losing is not an option etc... Coach Taylor in the first series of Friday Night Lights was getting threatened when results weren't going well. It's like they take it more serious than actual professional football.

Real life is worse.

Comment

It's pretty similar, people get crazy in competitive sports where it actually matters at the top.

Comment

Some states, cities especially in the south are CRAZY about high school ball. Gets very intense for everyone involved.

Comment

Wow I thought it was all dramatised. My school footbal games were played in front of maybe 5 people. In the shows/films in the states half the school turns up and they play in actual arenas with stands. We played on our field lol.

Comment

most highschool and colleges have it here

Comment

In small towns in Texas it can get that competitive. Some of those small towns, they shut down for their football game. You also get the suburbs who spend countless of money on their facilities.

In 2006 I believe there was a playoff game between the two previous state champs which was Southlake Carroll and Euless Trinity and about 45000 people went to see the game played at Texas Stadium.

Last edited by ciscofromoc; 02-03-2013, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                Wow I thought it was all dramatised. My school footbal games were played in front of maybe 5 people. In the shows/films in the states half the school turns up and they play in actual arenas with stands. We played on our field lol.
                Yeah same here. No students really gave a **** about results except the guys that were actually in the team. A handful of people showed up in the field behind the school to watch games and that was a couple of parents if that!! In America these High School players must feel like superstars!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
                  Yeah same here. No students really gave a **** about results except the guys that were actually in the team. A handful of people showed up in the field behind the school to watch games and that was a couple of parents if that!! In America these High School players must feel like superstars!!
                  Lol tell me about the only people on the sidelines in our games were the subs lol. You might get the odd group of girls coming to watch 1 out of 10 matches it that was it. Those fuvkers in Texas got 45,000 people watching. No wonder some of the people don't grow up real life can't compare to that ****.

Comment

Yup, it can be a lot worse though. If you're a great high school or college player people will look to advantage of you, you want hundred dollar shoes/clothes for free? No problem. A $30,000 car? No problem. There is actually a rule where college athletes can't receive gifts, it goes for some high school players too. People will buy them all this stuff expecting a big return once they turn pro and are making millions. These teenagers are like celebrities, same with basketball players.

Even colleges will try to illegally pay star players tons of cash to attend their college.

Some parents are very hard on their kids, take Todd Marinovich for example. His dad was a failed football player due to too many injuries from lifting weights improperly.

This guy took his son and tried to make him the perfect football player from age 6.

Check out this article, it's pretty crazy the stuff he did. There was a documentary on ESPN about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Marinovich

Comment

Working...
                    X