Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead Rising 2 vs Dead Island

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked up both Dead Island and Resistance same day, haven't touched Resistance yet and I have completely ignored Deus Ex which is awesome too btw. Dead Island really is amazing, got it on PC, it's so much fun.

As far as the person complaining that it's only melee weapons, yeah creators made that point long before the trailer was out that this was a melee specific game, go play COD zombies, seems more like your type of game.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
      My brain is already bored of Dead Island. The really ****ed up with Dead Island when every weapon is a melee weapon. Also the rpg elements remind me of Fallout which I wasn't a huge fan of.
      I found dead rising repetitive.. but maybe thats because i completed the first one just before i purchased the second ,I hope that you're right about dead island is boring because you just put me off spending my money on it

Comment

Dead Island seemed to have borrowed different aspects of Dead Rising & Left 4 Dead.

Honestly though, the game i'm in love with is Dead Nation right now, that **** is ****ing fun and at times hard as hell.

Comment

Not sure yet. So far I'd say Dead Rising 2 but I might change my mind as I progress through Dead Island.

I didn't like DI at first but it's growing on me now I'm more into the missions and style. It does piss me off that the back of the box indicates that you can play 2-4 player offline co-op, when the reality is that the only way to do this is through system link, which isn't quite the same thing. Ah well.

I liked Dead Rising 2 a fair bit but it wasn't as good as the first one.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
            My brain is already bored of Dead Island. The really ****ed up with Dead Island when every weapon is a melee weapon. Also the rpg elements remind me of Fallout which I wasn't a huge fan of.
            Didn't give the game much of a chance if you stopped playing before getting a gun...

Comment

I've been playing for something like 4 hours and haven't gotten a gun. Maybe it's different if you pick the girl who has firearms as a speciality.

Anyway, some things I'm finding annoying for the game

1. That it's first person perspective. Too often you have zombies attacking from behind or the side and it's difficult to see everything that's going on. I suppose third person would make the ripping off of Dead Rising a bit more obvious but still I'd like it as an option.

2. The combat system. When you're fighting using melee weapons, you have to be up close. But the zombies want to be up close as well. Not only that but if you hit a charging zombie with a weapon, they'll often just walk right through it and hit you. And sneaking up on them is hard as well, especially when you get behind them and they are able to grab you before you can hit them. Wow, a Neo zombie, great.

If you take a game like Left4Dead, the zombie want to get up close, and you want to keep them at range. That works well.

3. The save game system. Seems to work in a rather strange way.

I was playing earlier and had to go to 3 places as part of a mission. Went to place 1 and got what I needed, then to place 2 where I got stuck and couldn't find something I was looking for. I had to go out but you can't manually save, but then it autosaved so I figured all was ok and I turned it off. When I went back to the game later in the day it put me back in the first location, in the middle of a load of zombies (and I mean they were standing right next to me) who overwhelmed me. Then it did it again. And again. I think it was 6 attempts before I finally managed to beat them all and leave the area. One time it even reloaded me with a zombie behind me who attacked before I could even do anything. What's worse is that each reload, there were still a lot of zombies even if I'd killed almost all of them before dying, and yet my weapon had decreased in strength. So everytime I died the zombies recovered but my weapon didn't.

4. The map. Sometimes it tells you to go somewhere and get something and marks it on your map, but there's no way of knowing if the thing you want is upstairs, underground or whatever.

Comment

Working...
              X