Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Annoyed: They Are Asking For The Moon and Stars To Fight Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo Annoyed: They Are Asking For The Moon and Stars To Fight Me!

Mexican superstar Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez was blunt with his statements after he admitted that he's finding it hard to secure opponents because they are asking for "the moon and the stars" to get in the ring with him. The Mexican boxer has said that this is the main problem at the moment in reaching an agreement for his fights.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Dazn made their bed overpaying everyone. Now the money has run out and fights are not getting made.

Bad business signing with them Canelo.

Comment

I don't blame them, they have seen his power level increase way over 9000 since he has been eating a tainted cow and become super sayian blue enabling him to ko lhws and who knows maybe cruisers too.

Comment

The market was set!!

Comment

Guessing it will be David Lemieux when it’s all said and done both Saunders & Smith have priced themselves out. Definitely not ideal but at least David has a puncher’s chance.

Comment

Que pasa Cinnamon, what will u have today??
            Cinnamon looks around .. where's DA BEEF???

Comment

They will age him out and let that DAZN deal expire so they can get access to PPV points. He is on other peoples time. What is he going to do get in the ring and shadowbox?

Comment

Canelo gets the moon and the stars, not much left after he gets paid.

Comment

...As They Should! If you're rumored to make $35 Million or whatever a fight yeah don't expect them all to take 1.5-3 Million and be OK with

It is strange the position that Canelo is in, yeah he is the A Side, Biggest Draw and all that BUT because his Promotion has absolutely NOTHING in house for him at 168 (other than Lemieux which nobody wants to see) they're somewhat in a Needy Position still so yeah they have to pay up more to get quality opponents

This is why I think it needs to be a rule in place that Fight Purses are kept Private because with all these Purses being Public it is really making it impossible to make fights. PBC and DAZN has absolutely F#CKED UP THE MARKET when it comes to overpaying just because. It is out of control and with DAZN has really allowed things to get out of control while trying to boost up their Subscriptions and I get it but $5.5 Million for Drevenchenko, $12 Million for Kovalev it is no going back. GBP most certainly not going to get over on Eddie Hearn when Eddie Hearn sees the numbers at DAZN and even he knows that Canelo has the money so he has every right to SQUEEZE for more for BJS and Callum Smith especially since he has options for them to fight each other if no Canelo fight for either

This Model of Business won't last, they know that so yeah try to get the most money out of it while you can. If Canelo is struggle to find quality opponent right now for May, then imagine how things will be for September, who the hell is he going to fight then. So yeah I would play hardball too absolutely!

I do think DAZN is a bit more hands off with Canelo and they're letting GBP spend their money on Canelo opponent which is why the offers are much lower. It is no Secret...DAZN Wants Canelo vs GGG III so maybe they're playing hard ball too and trying to force his hand to give in on making that fight. Until then let GBP pay for Canelo Opponents!
                  Last edited by sicko; 02-17-2020, 10:20 PM.

Comment

I've always been a fan of Canelo and I can admit he has turned into a diva as he's climbed to the top of the sport. I feel like he picked up a lot of Oscar & Floyd's unsavory attributes when it comes to fight demands

But when it comes to purses I think he's been decently fair. I mean look at what Floyd was doing...
                    32M compared to 1.5M for Maidana
                    37m compared to 3M for rematch
                    32M compared to 4M for Berto
                    41.5M compared to 5M for Canelo

Guys were hopping in there to fight Floyd for way less than what Canelo is giving guys. And the pay gap is way smaller. But for whatever reason the outcry wasn't as drastic as it is today

Comment

Working...
                    X