No announcement yet.

Can Wilder really keep doing this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Wilder really keep doing this?

I mean surely it has to end some time right?

He's set a new precident for power bailing a fighter out, fight in, fight out. And really he makes a mockery of "skill"

But I'm starting to believe that he will keep doing this and retire unbeaten. Proving that power is the ultimate skill in boxing

Its really crazy that he has gone this far and convinced enough people that he is not only world class but possibly the best on the planet .

In reality skill wise he fights like he just stepped into a boxing gym 6 months ago.

Buuuuuut.......he is some how getting by with his size and the fact that he has that devastating whip of a right hand.

Comment

He already lost.

Comment

If you include bad decisions then yes . But even that fight most likely no but I did a thread on who his next 6 opponents could be and ? There’s not many power punchers he has to worry about if he gets by Fury,not including AJ who he will avoid .

Unless Hrgovic can force a fight over in the WBC at some point he has a chance for handful of more wins ,but then again there’s Fury 3 anyway win or lose so my estimations is he’s going to take an L somewhere .

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          Its really crazy that he has gone this far and convinced enough people that he is not only world class but possibly the best on the planet .

In reality skill wise he fights like he just stepped into a boxing gym 6 months ago.

Buuuuuut.......he is some how getting by with his size and the fact that he has that devastating whip of a right hand.
          He's such a flawed fighter it's crazy but I have to admit I didn't expect him to last this long. He's 35 this year, it's not inconceivable he retires unbeaten in a couple of years

Comment

Originally posted by LDBC Slayer View Post
            He's such a flawed fighter it's crazy but I have to admit I didn't expect him to last this long. He's 35 this year, it's not inconceivable he retires unbeaten in a couple of years
            Yes, he could and possibly with like a 50-0-1 record with 49 kos, and a disdain for boxers with boxing skills.

All from essentially being an athletic bum with crushing power in just his right hand.

Comment

it takes skill to time the perfect shot while avoiding your opponents shots

Comment

Originally posted by larryx... View Post
                Yep which is why Wilder can only get lucky 1 in 150 punches and land. He hasn't got the skill. I could hit the bullseye once in 150 shots, doesn't make me a good darts player.
                Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 02-17-2020, 11:31 PM.

Comment

I'm all for it. He's been effective so far. Foreman was laughed at by boxing purist because his performances came across as crude and rudimentary. But if there is a method and you are getting the job done by KO than that's an A+
                  Wilder reminds me of Joe Louis in that he keeps his composure and balance waiting to throw the big shots. One of the things he could work on is rapidity in cutting off the ring and lateral upper body movement

Comment

Originally posted by larryx... View Post
                    If he’s avoiding shots how is he getting outboxed ?

Comment

Working...
                    X