Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Hip Hop Forum

Old 10-20-2006, 05:29 PM #111
Make Us Dream

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 13,991.00
Thanks for the Karma - Toda Caine 
Send a message via AIM to The Raging Bull Send a message via MSN to The Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodzHand View Post
Everything, literally everything Jay-Z has done since The Black Album is weak. Everything.

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

"Liquid Swords was a 1995 (see 1995 in music) solo album by Wu-Tang Clan member Genius (GZA). Though the album was credited to Genius alone, there are numerous guest appearances from the entire Wu-Tang Clan, like all their earlier solo albums. Liquid Swords is widely acknowledged as one of the best Wu-Tang solo albums, on par with classics like Tical (Method Man), Ironman (Ghostface Killah) and Only Built 4 Cuban Linx (Raekwon).

Liquid Swords is characteristic of the Wu-Tang Clan in its distinctive, sparse, menacing beats by producer RZA, and its cinematic themes relating to Martial Arts films. The album begins with a monologue from a little boy; his monologue, and many of the other skits scattered throughout the album, are from the cult film Shogun Assassin.

The track names listed on the back of the album cover are incorporated into a short paragraph, and are not in order. The liner notes list two tracks that don't appear on the album: "Swordsman" and "Hellz Wind Staff". Most fans believe that this wasn't a production error; rather the tracks were intentionally put there to confuse listeners. The 11th track, Unexplained, is often erroneously listed as Swordsman on websites and other sources.

The album is also known for its distinctive cover, designed by DC comic artist Klaus Jansen.
Contents"

I cannot count how many times I've listened to Liquid Swords. Easily one of my top ten favorite cd's ever.
Mate, I haven't listened to Liquid Swords for quite a while. I'm gonna stick it on now. Great album!
The Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:30 PM #112
I love penis, Amigo.

MetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 21,744.00
Have a burger you Fat Yank fuck - !! Anorak 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 

Quote:
Originally Posted by versatile2k6 View Post
her for selling more. and at least pick the same genre,different strokes for different folks(white folks that is)
OK, Chingy's last album probably outsold Gza's last album. Who's the better musical artist? If you don't know who Gza is, how can you state that anyone you know of is better? I'm not saying that you said that, just asking a question.
MetalVomit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:35 PM #113
I love penis, Amigo.

MetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond repute
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 

Quote:
yeah i know.excuse me,what is HE doing now still makin tight ass songs?
This is from the album he did with DJ Muggs, "Grandmasters" :

Illusory Protection:

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Have a listen.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:46 PM #114
THE SOUTH STILL HOLDIN

ROSEWOOD has a reputation beyond reputeROSEWOOD has a reputation beyond reputeROSEWOOD has a reputation beyond reputeROSEWOOD has a reputation beyond reputeROSEWOOD has a reputation beyond reputeROSEWOOD has a reputation beyond reputeROSEWOOD has a reputation beyond reputeROSEWOOD has a reputation beyond reputeROSEWOOD has a reputation beyond reputeROSEWOOD has a reputation beyond reputeROSEWOOD has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,880.00
No Message - TRUTH 

Quote:
OK, Chingy's last album probably outsold Gza's last album. Who's the better musical artist? If you don't know who Gza is, how can you state that anyone you know of is better? I'm not saying that you said that, just asking a question.
now hold up dammit..Chingy is an alltime worst.....his last album did sell **** either
ROSEWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:07 PM #115
Man On Fire

Smokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,850.00

Godzy I disagree with you about Ross, though. He's definetly not wack. He tells a nice story in pots and pans...he's a good artist. mainstream, but fuuuuuckin good.
Smokin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:27 PM #116
Future Champion

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Verstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 48,362.00
Congrats on 38K posts Vers mah homie!!!!!!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! to the big homie - Larryx2011 great lounge poster - RINGG interesting/good threads man. - chiguy91 for an atg poster - jazluvr 
For all your kindness and support - Lorily :lol1: that shyt ain't right and awkward thread - jose830 No Message - MELLY-MEL... Thanks bro - BulgariasFinest Welcome back bud - TBear 
Happy Holidays Verstyle.. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - TBear No Message - TBear No Message - TBear 40,000 posts! :fing02: - jose830 
4 d 40k - led* 40k son - MELLY-MEL... have a great time at the fight tomorrow night! - HUGH JASS good to see you around - -jose- Merry Christmas Verstyle - TBear 

Quote:
i can say chingy and wha if millions of other ppl say chingy r they wrong?
Verstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 10:54 PM #117
I love penis, Amigo.

Quote:
i can say chingy and wha if millions of other ppl say chingy r they wrong?
selling a number of copies of an album, is different than making good, meaningful music.just because chingy outsold Gza,it doesnt automatically make chingy better. sales doesnt = greatness
Old 10-20-2006, 11:27 PM #118
Future Champion

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Verstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 48,362.00
Congrats on 38K posts Vers mah homie!!!!!!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! to the big homie - Larryx2011 great lounge poster - RINGG interesting/good threads man. - chiguy91 for an atg poster - jazluvr 
For all your kindness and support - Lorily :lol1: that shyt ain't right and awkward thread - jose830 No Message - MELLY-MEL... Thanks bro - BulgariasFinest Welcome back bud - TBear 
Happy Holidays Verstyle.. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - TBear No Message - TBear No Message - TBear 40,000 posts! :fing02: - jose830 
4 d 40k - led* 40k son - MELLY-MEL... have a great time at the fight tomorrow night! - HUGH JASS good to see you around - -jose- Merry Christmas Verstyle - TBear 

Quote:
selling a number of copies of an album, is different than making good, meaningful music.just because chingy outsold Gza,it doesnt automatically make chingy better. sales doesnt = greatness
i didnt say it did. but it does show that they had some kind of potential to be discovered to make a song as big as they do. but saying gza is better is just an opinion im sure i can name alot of other ppl that say chingy is better to
Verstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:50 AM #119
Undisputed Champion

j has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,643.00

disclaimer - i didn't read the whole thread, just the first and last couple of pages.

anyways, i'd say that the art of lyricism is dead and song composition. not completely, but mostly dead. you can still find some good stuff - but it is generally not the mainstream top selling rap that has "the goods."

i've always had a saying - "people are stupid." most people are satisfied by catchy beats and hooks even though the songs lack structure and lyrical integrity. the formula to sell a lot of albums nowadays is to dumb down your wordplay, mix in a decent amount of bass, and make sure you repeat a simple chorus at least 50 times per song. also, for good measure, add the word "gangsta" from time to time - otherwise you'll have no street cred. because, we all no that street cred is one of the most important elements in music, right?

this is why i don't keep up with rap/hip hop as much as i used to. now, i usually recycle older music from the late 80's, early to mid 90's, and the occasional new album by mf doom, redman, keith murray, etc.
j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:53 AM #120
Undisputed Champion

j has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,643.00

and i sincerely hope that nobody ever really compares chingy to the legendary GZA.
j is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends