Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Earnie Shavers vs Deontay Wilder, who wins who hits harder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earnie Shavers vs Deontay Wilder, who wins who hits harder?

vs

Both a similar weight

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post

vs

Both a similar weight

no idea who hits harder..... I really don't think it matters

they are both devastating punchers

they both have WAAAAAY enough power

Wilder has technical limitations, we know that..... and guys from that era seemed to be more well-rounded than they are today.....

supposed killers today are 40+ fights into their career when suddenly..... we learn that they cannot fight off the back foot

also..... 15 rounds ?

I will go with the more proven guy, Shavers..... there are still question marks over Wilder

in saying that, Wilder has proven adept at landing betsy

I wouldn't bet a dollar on that fight..... the winner is likely to be the first guy who lands a truly meaningful punch and can follow-up

fk imagine the atmosphere..... that would be a VERY tense shootout..... I see both guys being very wary of their opponents power early, with both trying to find openings and work their way into that fight..... then, suddenly.....

GREAT fight !!

Comment

Shavers batters wilder then impregnates him

Comment

Shavers was a massive puncher for his time and same regarding Wilder for this time but if I had to pick, gun to the head decision, I'd say Wilder is the bigger puncher

Comment

Wilder hits a lot harder, there isn’t much question about it. Shavers ko percentage of fighters over 215 pounds is less than 50%. Shavers knocked out a lot of fighters his own size or smaller. Deontay slays giants.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
            Wilder hits a lot harder, there isn’t much question about it. Shavers ko percentage of fighters over 215 pounds is less than 50%. Shavers knocked out a lot of fighters his own size or smaller. Deontay slays giants.
            Shavers has giant glutes and every1 says he hit harder than foreman, and we saw what foreman did in the modern age and the older age, do you think he hits harder than foreman too?

Comment

I'm sure shavers can take a punch better. Wilder hasn't faced a puncher.
              So I don't know

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                Shavers has giant glutes and every1 says he hit harder than foreman, and we saw what foreman did in the modern age and the older age, do you think he hits harder than foreman too?
                Foreman’s power is unquestionable and is nothing to do with this thread. Shavers was a hard hitting cruiser weight whose power did not translate into knockouts of big heavyweights, Wilder is not like that at all.

You might also take note that most of the fighters who talk of Shavers amazing power is coming from fighters who somehow survived that power and defeated Shavers. It’s obviously a comment that bolsters their own status.

Comment

Wilder, no contest. This era contains the hardest punchers of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                    Foreman’s power is unquestionable and is nothing to do with this thread. Shavers was a hard hitting cruiser weight whose power did not translate into knockouts of big heavyweights, Wilder is not like that at all.

You might also take note that most of the fighters who talk of Shavers amazing power is coming from fighters who somehow survived that power and defeated Shavers. It’s obviously a comment that bolsters their own status.
                    Not true Ali for example beat both Foreman and shavers and had a harder time of it vs shavers (shavers came closer to knocking out Ali's awesome chin than foreman did and would have KOed him had he not duped him) and he like everyone else that fought both said shavers (that won or lost) said he hit harder than foreman.

Comment

Working...
                    X