Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the greatest of all time? Larry Holmes Lennox Lewis Vitali or Tyson Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    With his superior skills, speed, footwork etc. The Ali thar tore through the HW division in the mid 60’s is a nightmare for any of those guys. Evander Holyfield gave all 3 of those guys trouble purely down to having good fundamentals and great resilience/toughness/stamina.
    Yes but Evander wasnt enough was he because he lacked the overall ability that some* bigger men had. This is the most extreme elite you can have thats why Evander isnt named. Nor should Ali be.

Anyway potential troll going on here so gonna limit my responses, thats my final say on Ali and weight etc
    Last edited by AlexKid; 06-21-2019, 01:03 PM.

Comment

lewis is my fav HW of all time

Comment

I think Tyson Fury is a very talented fighter but he hasn't done anything yet to be in the Conversation with the others named. Larry Holmes is the best on the list btw. People out way too much emphasis on the size of these men. It's like people saying they aren't sure Usyk can handle HW. The mfer with out cutting for Cruiser is probably 225lbs, it's laughable. At the highest level skills usually wins these fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
          I think Tyson Fury is a very talented fighter but he hasn't done anything yet to be in the Conversation with the others named. Larry Holmes is the best on the list btw. People out way too much emphasis on the size of these men. It's like people saying they aren't sure Usyk can handle HW. The mfer with out cutting for Cruiser is probably 225lbs, it's laughable. At the highest level skills usually wins these fights.
          The way* he beat wlad, the skills and assets he obviously possesses and you can watch right infront of you, the way he came back to win from a serious mental health problem and extreme weight gain, and ring rust, it all tells me plenty already and it should you. Do you really need to wait till (if) he beats joshua and the next best guy again to "know" he was as good as the others?

Comment

1. Fury
            2. Lewis
            3. Ali

Comment

I would love to see Lewis vs Ali at their prime.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                Yes but Evander wasnt enough was he because he lacked the overall ability that some* bigger men had. This is the most extreme elite you can have thats why Evander isnt named. Nor should Ali be.

Anyway potential troll going on here so gonna limit my responses, thats my final say on Ali and weight etc
                Are you for real???

Ali was far more skilled than Holyfield. If Holyfield caused these guys problems what would a prime Ali do?

If anyone is trolling here it’s you.

You seem extremely uneducated on HW boxing history.
                Last edited by RJJ-94-02=GOAT; 06-21-2019, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                  It’s a tough matchup stylistically but I’d confidently pick a prime Ali to beat all 3.
                  Was Ali prime before or after the Frazier loss?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    Vitali dislocated his shoulder against Byrd. Back then, trying to fight on with a dislocated shoulder would probably have ended his career.
                    He also tore his rotator cuff and required surgery. That was a big deal and he knew it.
                    Last edited by Boxing Goat; 06-21-2019, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                      Was Ali prime before or after the Frazier loss?
                      Before obviously...

Ali was never the same fighter following his hiatus.

Comment

Working...
                      X