Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather doesn't get the credit he deserves for the thorough schooling of JMM

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was a boxing lesson, there was no need to cheat on the scales...

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      Or so those 12 pounds why Spence outboxed Mikey? Lomachenko outboxed Rigo? We all know how size advantage comes in boxing.

Spence doesn't get credit schooling Mikey, nor does Loma on Rigo nor does Floyd.
      yeah I agree they don't deserve much credit but mikey and JMM asked to go up, they did the calling out and got in the ring and got embarrassed so its like what do u do?

Comment

For those crying about the weight. Skills won the fight, not size.

It wasn't like Floyd over powered Marquez by going forward and putting pressure on him.

Comment

I agree. That W has only gotten more impressive over the years, but somehow all the Manny fanboys/Floyd haters made that fight about the weight & not the excellent performance Floyd gave that wasn't done cuz of the weight. You don't school a mfer like Floyd schooled JMM that night cuz of weight.

Comment

I swear this thread is recreated every other month.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
              What a spectacular one sided display put on by Mayweather that fight. Marquez tried his best to get something going, even hit Mayweather with some very good shots, but Mayweather took them and smiled, but when Mayweather hit him, Marquez went TIMBER!!!!

Pacquaio went through 4 very tough wars with Marquez. It it only took Mayweather 1 fight.

Very underrated and overlooked win.

News flash - a fighter will never get extra credit for beating a guy in which he has an advantage over in every conceivable way and the fight plays out exactly as was predicted, prior to the fight. It wasn't a special win and is treated as such.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                Tremendous performance. Marquez proved he was a quality WW a few years later by knocking out Pacquiao and competing with Bradley in a tight fight.

Floyd blowing off the catchweight was unnecessary though. Still at the WW limit, but he should have made 144. Oh well, definitely was a great performance even against a smaller fighter when you consider he was off for almost two years.
                Funny how he never knocked out Manny while not on PED's in 3 other tries though, isn't it? How about dodging a 5th fight to avoid having to fight without them or being detected with them? Think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                  Funny how he never knocked out Manny while not on PED's in 3 other tries though, isn't it? How about dodging a 5th fight to avoid having to fight without them or being detected with them? Think about it.
                  Why would he fight him a 5th time when he CONVINCINGLY ended the rivalry? So if he fought him a 5th time and beat him, the score would be tied at 2-2-1. Does that mean they would have to fight ANOTHER time to close the rivalry? We got freaking four awesome fights out of it. Be satisfied about that and not sour because your guy Pacquiao got KTFO.

Comment

how many times will this thread be created tho!

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      Floyd blowing off the catchweight was unnecessary though.
                      Do you legit think he blew off the weight? I don't.

This was his longest break up til this point & the 2nd longest overall. And he was coming off a rib injury that postponed the fight. I think he lost touch with his body during the break mostly & the rib injury probably impacted his training habits & kept more weight on him then they wanted. I definitely don't think this was a planned come in overweight strategy by Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X