Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2019, 08:50 PM #101
killakali killakali is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kalifornia
Posts: 6,221
Quoted: 4054 Post(s)
Rep Power: 23
killakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 63,083.35
Bank: 1,468.21
Total Points: 64,551.56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTFOKING View Post
If the PPV does under 250k buys (let alone under 200k buys), Arum needs to admit a few things:

1. Crawford will be the B-side heading into the Spence fight
2. ESPN is not this big "megaphone" that helps PPV buys
3. He can scrap the joint PPV crap, since that is not happening if his guy can't even do 200k buys, and shoot, combined in both his PPVs would have done under 300k buys. And not like Spence is this mega name where this fight is going to do close to a million buys or anything.4
4. To make the Spence fight, he will likely have to send Crawford over. In the mean time, he can go offer crazy money to DSG and try to make that fight next.
you are wrong on a lot here.

One, Spence didnít do 360k buys. Mikey did most of that. Spence-porter has 250k ppv buys written all over it and that puts him in line with Crawford-Khan.

Two, I wouldnít write espn off yet. Itís their first attempt and this wasnít the biggest fight to promote on ppv.

You are right on that Spence isnít a big draw yet either. Spence-Khan wouldnít have done more than Crawford-Khan so take it in context. I could see Crawford-Garcia doing about what spende-Garcia did due tot he Mexican ppv purchases.

Either way neither of these guys is a ppv Star.
killakali is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-24-2019, 08:51 PM #102
killakali killakali is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kalifornia
Posts: 6,221
Quoted: 4054 Post(s)
Rep Power: 23
killakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 63,083.35
Bank: 1,468.21
Total Points: 64,551.56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
My point is Spence's first PPV did a little less than Canelo's fight against Khan. And better than Canelo's fight against Lara, Angulo, & Smith.
you mean mikeyís first ppv. Not Spenceís. You got this backwards.
killakali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:53 PM #103
killakali killakali is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kalifornia
Posts: 6,221
Quoted: 4054 Post(s)
Rep Power: 23
killakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 63,083.35
Bank: 1,468.21
Total Points: 64,551.56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
Broner/Pacquiao did over 400k. Pacquiao/Thurman (a FOX PPV) is doing 600k minimum. Bookmark this
lmao Broner Pacquiao didnít do over 400k. Get real. Thurman isnít as well known or popular as a thurman. Pac-Thurman does 300-400k ppvs.

Answer the question will PBC have lost more money on pac-Thurman than they did on PC-Broner. Let me know your opinion on which will be the bigger money loser.
killakali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:53 PM #104
Motorcity Cobra Motorcity Cobra is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 30,181
Quoted: 23302 Post(s)
Rep Power: 65
Motorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 510,085.01
Bank: 108,667.09
Total Points: 618,752.10
always dropping hot boxing news first - Sup Do your thang m8 - Canelo and GGG for exposing (((them))) - Sup Nobody cared when you were banned because nobody likes you - Arthur Dayne Good effort!!! - MDPopescu 
Rock on brother - siablo14 splitting your mommy clean in two - //// clown - apples Because you can't keep our white dlcks out of your mouth - !nternation Thanks for the help - 1bad65 
for keeping us informed...thanks for your efforts - jazluvr to celebrate the life of Roy Hargrove - jazluvr Your reparations - Robbie Barrett 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakali View Post
you mean mikeyís first ppv. Not Spenceís. You got this backwards.
Spence was the headliner. What are you talking about? It's pointless to continue this conversation if you won't acknowledge the facts
Motorcity Cobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:55 PM #105
Motorcity Cobra Motorcity Cobra is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 30,181
Quoted: 23302 Post(s)
Rep Power: 65
Motorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 510,085.01
Bank: 108,667.09
Total Points: 618,752.10
always dropping hot boxing news first - Sup Do your thang m8 - Canelo and GGG for exposing (((them))) - Sup Nobody cared when you were banned because nobody likes you - Arthur Dayne Good effort!!! - MDPopescu 
Rock on brother - siablo14 splitting your mommy clean in two - //// clown - apples Because you can't keep our white dlcks out of your mouth - !nternation Thanks for the help - 1bad65 
for keeping us informed...thanks for your efforts - jazluvr to celebrate the life of Roy Hargrove - jazluvr Your reparations - Robbie Barrett 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakali View Post
lmao Broner Pacquiao didnít do over 400k. Get real. Thurman isnít as well known or popular as a thurman. Pac-Thurman does 300-400k ppvs.

Answer the question will PBC have lost more money on pac-Thurman than they did on PC-Broner. Let me know your opinion on which will be the bigger money loser.
Once again you wont acknowledge the facts. This conversation is pointless. I'm done
Motorcity Cobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:55 PM #106
WBC WBA IBF WBC WBA IBF is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 8,137
Quoted: 7506 Post(s)
Rep Power: 21
WBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond reputeWBC WBA IBF has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 57,252.28
Bank: 1,144.15
Total Points: 58,396.43
Some tissue to clean up all the bs you want people to believe - Robbie Barrett One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder My word you are living your fantasies through this forum - !a! No one believes your lies LOL - !a! LIES, LIES and LIES - !a! 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real King Kong View Post
Well I donít pay for non ppv espn fights, but I guess that channel is technically part of an add on package.
Your cable company is paying over $8 a month for ESPN, which means they're charging you around $12-15 for it.
WBC WBA IBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:00 PM #107
Mister Wolf Mister Wolf is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,646
Quoted: 1632 Post(s)
Rep Power: 17
Mister Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeMister Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeMister Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeMister Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeMister Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeMister Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeMister Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeMister Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeMister Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeMister Wolf has a reputation beyond reputeMister Wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 56,367.38
Bank: 3,410.26
Total Points: 59,777.64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
Spence was the headliner. What are you talking about? It's pointless to continue this conversation if you won't acknowledge the facts
The brother came out wearing Mexican flag colors with not a Mexican holiday in sight. Paying tribute and repping that fanbase instead of his own people because he knew who were the ones that bought the fight and they didnt do it to see Spence win.
Mister Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:08 PM #108
Real King Kong Real King Kong is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 9,416
Quoted: 5025 Post(s)
Rep Power: 29
Real King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond reputeReal King Kong has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 51,092.40
Bank: 1,335.46
Total Points: 52,427.86
No Message - Tha_Greatest So true... - anthonydavid11 One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder Consistently great posting. - Boy Jones Jr. 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
Your cable company is paying over $8 a month for ESPN, which means they're charging you around $12-15 for it.
I live in Canada, those fights are usually shown on tsn, which is part of a sports package with like 20 other channels.
Real King Kong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:11 PM #109
killakali killakali is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kalifornia
Posts: 6,221
Quoted: 4054 Post(s)
Rep Power: 23
killakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 63,083.35
Bank: 1,468.21
Total Points: 64,551.56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
Spence was the headliner. What are you talking about? It's pointless to continue this conversation if you won't acknowledge the facts
do latinos buy the most ppvs yes or no? Donít was Spence khan it wouldnít have done 200k buys. Get real. Stop being biased.
killakali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:15 PM #110
killakali killakali is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kalifornia
Posts: 6,221
Quoted: 4054 Post(s)
Rep Power: 23
killakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond reputekillakali has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 63,083.35
Bank: 1,468.21
Total Points: 64,551.56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
Once again you wont acknowledge the facts. This conversation is pointless. I'm done
[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Pacquiao-Broner does 400k buys. Not over. You need to stop lying.

Spence came out with the Mexican flag colors because he Mexicans bought most of the fights and most of the tickets. We always do and you know that.

Just wait to Spence-Porter does 200k buys and u will see.
killakali is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
arum, crawford/khan, flopped, panicking

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:24 PM.