Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 06-05-2016, 04:53 PM #1
Contender

Quoted: 186 Post(s)
BuakawBanchamek has a reputation beyond reputeBuakawBanchamek has a reputation beyond reputeBuakawBanchamek has a reputation beyond reputeBuakawBanchamek has a reputation beyond reputeBuakawBanchamek has a reputation beyond reputeBuakawBanchamek has a reputation beyond reputeBuakawBanchamek has a reputation beyond reputeBuakawBanchamek has a reputation beyond reputeBuakawBanchamek has a reputation beyond reputeBuakawBanchamek has a reputation beyond reputeBuakawBanchamek has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 6,786.00
Default My training routine - improvements

Hi,
I am a 16 year old amateur fighter ( 2 years experience)
so my current training routine looks like this:

Monday - 13:00 20 min Running, 40-60 min strength/ bag session
20:30 Boxing Lesson 1:30 hours ( + 1 hour bike)
Tuesday - 13:00 Interval Running (1-2 mile warm up) then Sprinting + lifting tiles + Sometimes evening session 1 hour bag + shadow etc

Wednesday - 13:00 20 min Running, 40-60 min strenght/bag session
19:30 Boxing Lesson 1:30 (+ 1 hour bike to get to the gym)

Tuesday - 13:00 Either Running or Skipping 20-30 mins + tiles lifting
after that School sports ( dunno if it counts, but Im normally not sitting on my ass during PE)

Friday - 13:00 20 min Running, 40-60 min strenght/bag session
19:30 Boxing lesson 1:30 hours (+ bike)

Saturday - Sometimes 40-60 min bag sessions but not regulary

Sunday off

Also riding my bike 40 mins x 3-4 times a week to school

Can you give me advice on my training routine, give me some tips, review etc

Note:
Im not doing this all the time straight, sometimes I cut off one 13:00 noon session but thats pretty much my training routine
BuakawBanchamek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-05-2016, 05:44 PM #2
Crawling King Snake

Quoted: 1528 Post(s)
Mr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,010.03
Total Points: 9,935.03

From what I gather there is no sparring or other bag work other than heavy bag correct?

If you have had 2 years of learning I'd say you know enough to pretty much train yourself. That doesn't mean ditch the trainer but you need to work on the speed bag, double end bag, and spar.

If you have private lessons what does he teach you? I have always found private lessons to be bull*****. At the gym I've been going to on of the trainers shows a new guy the basics and then they start em on the bags etc. Critiquing as they go along.
Mr.MojoRisin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 06:18 PM #3
Contender

BuakawBanchamek has a reputation beyond reputeBuakawBanchamek has a reputation beyond reputeBuakawBanchamek has a reputation beyond reputeBuakawBanchamek has a reputation beyond reputeBuakawBanchamek has a reputation beyond reputeBuakawBanchamek has a reputation beyond reputeBuakawBanchamek has a reputation beyond reputeBuakawBanchamek has a reputation beyond reputeBuakawBanchamek has a reputation beyond reputeBuakawBanchamek has a reputation beyond reputeBuakawBanchamek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
From what I gather there is no sparring or other bag work other than heavy bag correct?

If you have had 2 years of learning I'd say you know enough to pretty much train yourself. That doesn't mean ditch the trainer but you need to work on the speed bag, double end bag, and spar.

If you have private lessons what does he teach you? I have always found private lessons to be bull*****. At the gym I've been going to on of the trainers shows a new guy the basics and then they start em on the bags etc. Critiquing as they go along.
I was unklar sorgt for trat

I am no rookie like i said i have been boxing for 2 years seriously

Bag sessions means 10-15 mins shadow boxing
5 mins warm up stretches
Then 5x 1 min punching continueously (not native speaker) on the bag
Then 8-10 rounds normal bag work
after that i do 3-5 rounds double end
+ sometimes ending the bag session with slipbag + shadow boxing

30 sec break in between
The bag session can vary so sometimes 5 rounds bag only and therefore 10rounda double end

boxing lessons mean
Sparring, mitts, bag, partner drills, intervall training etc you know standard gym drills
Old 06-05-2016, 07:41 PM #4
Crawling King Snake

Mr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuakawBanchamek View Post
I was unklar sorgt for trat

I am no rookie like i said i have been boxing for 2 years seriously

Bag sessions means 10-15 mins shadow boxing
5 mins warm up stretches
Then 5x 1 min punching continueously (not native speaker) on the bag
Then 8-10 rounds normal bag work
after that i do 3-5 rounds double end
+ sometimes ending the bag session with slipbag + shadow boxing

30 sec break in between
The bag session can vary so sometimes 5 rounds bag only and therefore 10rounda double end

boxing lessons mean
Sparring, mitts, bag, partner drills, intervall training etc you know standard gym drills
Oh well you're fine in that case. Get some sparring in to work on technical things is all I can say really. Working on the bags gets your technique good but sparring makes you learn to adapt/develop those reflexes.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:49 AM #5
Contender

Quote:
Oh well you're fine in that case. Get some sparring in to work on technical things is all I can say really. Working on the bags gets your technique good but sparring makes you learn to adapt/develop those reflexes.
Do you think 2 - 3 times a week pure strength training is enough for an amateur?
Old 06-06-2016, 11:23 AM #6
Crawling King Snake

Quote:
Do you think 2 - 3 times a week pure strength training is enough for an amateur?
Yeah, I strength train 3x per week. Push ups, pull ups, and core work. I feel that you don't need to overdue it. From what I've seen of amateur fighters strength doesn't come into play too much in a bout. It's about scoring points. Strength comes to play in clinches and I don't see those too much in amateur bouts.

Are you in the States or international?
Old 06-06-2016, 01:09 PM #7
Contender

Quote:
Yeah, I strength train 3x per week. Push ups, pull ups, and core work. I feel that you don't need to overdue it. From what I've seen of amateur fighters strength doesn't come into play too much in a bout. It's about scoring points. Strength comes to play in clinches and I don't see those too much in amateur bouts.

Are you in the States or international?
Im from germany
Old 06-06-2016, 02:10 PM #8
Crawling King Snake

Quote:
Im from germany
Oh...If you were in the states I was going to ask how often you have to pay to keep your usa boxing membership. Do they do anything similar in Germany when it comes to renewing membership with the governing body for amateur boxing?
Old 06-07-2016, 02:45 AM #9
Contender

Quote:
Oh...If you were in the states I was going to ask how often you have to pay to keep your usa boxing membership. Do they do anything similar in Germany when it comes to renewing membership with the governing body for amateur boxing?
Yes you have to once pay 40/45$ approx
and once every year 60/65$ approx
Old 06-09-2016, 10:50 AM #10
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 16541 Post(s)
Zaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,342.14
Total Points: 186,686.72
Keep it up man.  This is too EZ.  They ley a lot of shit go in here, but racism isn't 1 of them.  I'm flagging everyone of your comments.  If mega doesnt ban u, Boston will.  Racism is not allowed on here.  So keep writing, I'll keep flagging then I' - HAMMER77777 Thought so.  Quiet now, huh?  Move along, I am done with you. - HAMMER77777 No hard feelings man.  If you're ever near North Dakota, u are welcome to have SOme Beer with my wife and I.  Take care, enjoy your visit to India.  You will see more of it than I ever have. - HAMMER77777 Dude, seriously.  If u can click on VBUCKS menu, u can delete that rude shit I sent u.  I apologize.  You're OK, I'm sorry I insulted you.  I really am. - HAMMER77777 dey hatın, we makin! - Floyd's Mask 
Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy New Year, Christmas, and all the best to you this holiday season Zaroku! - Redd Foxx Thnx for the green ;) - Boxing Goat Keep up the great posts, brother. - anthonydavid11 Welcome Back, Signor Mata. - P.K Dionysus 
Rock on! - HeadBodyBodyBody Good poster with a unique style. - 1bad65 Great post, my dude... - Tony Trick-Pony A medal for Jhonny.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Zaroku The Legend! - travestyny 
For getting SafeSpace banned - 1bad65 No Message - Tony Trick-Pony Hey bro keep fighting the good fight. - BLASTER1 Cheers! - GhostofDempsey No Message - MinuteMaid5 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Hi,
I am a 16 year old amateur fighter ( 2 years experience)
so my current training routine looks like this:

Monday - 13:00 20 min Running, 40-60 min strength/ bag session
20:30 Boxing Lesson 1:30 hours ( + 1 hour bike)
Tuesday - 13:00 Interval Running (1-2 mile warm up) then Sprinting + lifting tiles + Sometimes evening session 1 hour bag + shadow etc

Wednesday - 13:00 20 min Running, 40-60 min strenght/bag session
19:30 Boxing Lesson 1:30 (+ 1 hour bike to get to the gym)

Tuesday - 13:00 Either Running or Skipping 20-30 mins + tiles lifting
after that School sports ( dunno if it counts, but Im normally not sitting on my ass during PE)

Friday - 13:00 20 min Running, 40-60 min strenght/bag session
19:30 Boxing lesson 1:30 hours (+ bike)

Saturday - Sometimes 40-60 min bag sessions but not regulary

Sunday off

Also riding my bike 40 mins x 3-4 times a week to school

Can you give me advice on my training routine, give me some tips, review etc

Note:
Im not doing this all the time straight, sometimes I cut off one 13:00 noon session but thats pretty much my training routine

This my sound crazy to guys on this site but have you ever played hand ball? Real hard rubber ball hand ball?

Builds most of the skills you will need as a boxer, plus your hands will get so strong.
Zaroku is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
improvements, routine, training