Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Hip Hop Forum

Old 07-20-2007, 11:10 PM #2771
Man On Fire

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Smokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond reputeSmokin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,858.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipside View Post
im going to law school right now. does that mean the guy learning how to weld will be better off than me, say in about 4 years time?
yeah a degree isn't all that. All it is is a piece of paper. More and more jobs toady are highering guys with actual work/life EXPERIENCE. Not little ***s that get there education payed for by mommy and daddy and live on res where all the peeps who were nerds in high school. Not naming any names...cough gringo cough. however, i shouldn't really be one talking as I am getting a 4 year degree.

hahaha, yeah anyway. welders make good money. It's all about pimping the system. These dudes can start there own business and make a bundle. You probably woudln't know that because your a coddled littel ***got. Probably still livin' off mommy and daddy's money.

Last edited by Smokin'; 07-20-2007 at 11:44 PM.
Smokin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 12:16 PM #2772
THE SOUTH STILL HOLDIN

ROSEWOOD has a reputation beyond reputeROSEWOOD has a reputation beyond reputeROSEWOOD has a reputation beyond reputeROSEWOOD has a reputation beyond reputeROSEWOOD has a reputation beyond reputeROSEWOOD has a reputation beyond reputeROSEWOOD has a reputation beyond reputeROSEWOOD has a reputation beyond reputeROSEWOOD has a reputation beyond reputeROSEWOOD has a reputation beyond reputeROSEWOOD has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 11,897.00
No Message - TRUTH 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipside View Post
im going to law school right now. does that mean the guy learning how to weld will be better off than me, say in about 4 years time?
Yea as a welder...everyone in America know that you finish law school when you're in your 30's...just bull****in playa...but on the cool, any skill/trade, employers would rather hire a student with direct trade learn as oppose to a dude taking three electives of musice when he/she is trying to become a doctor...
ROSEWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:21 AM #2773
I love penis, Amigo.

MetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 21,766.00
Have a burger you Fat Yank fuck - !! Anorak 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 

After making a name for himself via lyricism and dissing your favorite celebrity, wordsmith Chino XL has inked a new deal with Machete Records/PAC.

Long time Chino fans will recall his debut album, 1996’s Here to Save You All, which showcased his lyrical ability and saw him in the cross hairs of deceased emcee, 2Pac after making a alleging that Pac was raped while in prison.

Unfortunately for die hard fans, Chino walked away from the game and transitioned to the large and small screen. He appeared on Reno 911, CSI: Miami, The Young and the Restless, and the big screen’s Alex and Emma (starring Kate Hudson and Luke Wilson).

Despite his success with acting, Chino wouldn’t stay away from the booth forever.

In 2005, he returned with I Told You So, which boasted collaborations with Hip Hop veterans Kool G. Rap and B. Real (of Cypress Hill fame).

No release date is available at press time, but MTV personality Sway, says Chino’s new material connected with him “in a major way.”

“The music is different, not all in one sound or genre, it’s just good music all around,” he adds.

“Having Chino XL join the Machete family is a great honor and we are excited about the project and the future,” Machete Records President Gustavo Lopez says of the partnership.

For more information on Chino XL or Machete Records, visit [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.] or [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.].
MetalVomit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:23 AM #2774
Make Us Dream

The Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond reputeThe Raging Bull has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 14,001.00
Thanks for the Karma - Toda Caine 
Send a message via AIM to The Raging Bull Send a message via MSN to The Raging Bull

Bump it up
The Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:22 AM #2775

The Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,005.00
Total Points: 33,687.00
One Of The Kings Of Comedy - RJJ The Truth Hit me some of your good K mate... Thanks - FasTHarD We Fresh! - Dorian 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' View Post
yeah a degree isn't all that. All it is is a piece of paper. More and more jobs toady are highering guys with actual work/life EXPERIENCE. Not little ***s that get there education payed for by mommy and daddy and live on res where all the peeps who were nerds in high school. Not naming any names...cough gringo cough. however, i shouldn't really be one talking as I am getting a 4 year degree.

hahaha, yeah anyway. welders make good money. It's all about pimping the system. These dudes can start there own business and make a bundle. You probably woudln't know that because your a coddled littel ***got. Probably still livin' off mommy and daddy's money.
ill have a degree in 3 more years, ass****....
The Fix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:09 PM #2776
I love penis, Amigo.

MetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond reputeMetalVomit has a reputation beyond repute
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 

Q-Tip is coming back soon.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:20 AM #2777

PATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,924.00

anyone heard the new chis brown tune flying solo with dre
[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

i think its another great tune from chris b
PATO 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:29 PM #2778

Mr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Ryan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 28,257.00
20,000 posts!  Well done. - abosworth good shit, folks. You folks with Ouma, then you my folks. Congrats Asain. Keep on doing what you do, bud. - sweet pea 50 boxingscene's Top Ten Serious Poster - mickey gomez Give me 10k, PLEASE! - ЯiZO Congrats on your nomination bro.  Great job. - MELLY-MEL... 
Only for you.. - MassageQueen just for being you ;) - Massage Queen One Of Boxingscene finest... Hmm i almost forgot hook me some of your good K mate... Hehehe Thanks advance FROM: - FasTHarD Just because you're the shit!! - Massage Queen Once again, thanks for what you did for me. And keep up the good work. - The_Bringer 
Thanks for sharing your boxing knowledge. - Talisayen this one is for your website. btw, i signed your guestbook. good job pre :fing02: - Talisayen For all your great work! - jazluvr For your accomplishments! - jazluvr beer after job well done - led 
congrats!!! - TBear seen your article in Ring! - TBear Merry Christmas Ryan - TBear good to see you back - TBear 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - TBear 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodzHand View Post
Q-Tip is coming back soon.
Q-Tip best raps have come in his solo career, I thought Phife was the talent of Tribe.
Mr. Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:57 PM #2779
I love penis, Amigo.

Born like this has been in constant rotation for me lately. here's a review from notoriously fickle Pitchfork, they gave it an 8 out of 10.

What the hell happened to Daniel Dumile? People used to think MF DOOM was slacking if he only released one album a year, but sometime after The Mouse and the Mask, the dude just up and vanished. That led to about three years' worth of fanbase-angering concerts featuring alleged impostors, theoretically planned albums promising Ghostface collaborations or a KMD revival that never arrived, scattered production work heavy on already-familiar Special Herbs leftovers, and a remixed Madvillainy faux-sequel with enough good-to-great Madlib beats to make you wish DOOM actually recorded new lyrics over them. The last time he went this far underground, his brother had just been killed and Elektra had booted KMD off the roster because Black Bastards was too controversial and uncommercial. So what could have provoked him to lay low in the latter half of this decade right when he seemed to be hitting critical pop-culture mass, limiting himself in recent years to sparse guest verses and the occasional official dispatch that he wasn't, in fact, dead?

I don't have the answer to that question, but judging from the grimy, sinister lyricism displayed on Born Like This, at least this much is apparent: DOOM is not coming back just to dick around. It takes a little while to realize this, since the album feels strangely underformed on initial listens: A lot of tracks are one-verse quickies if they even feature DOOM at all, there's the occasional whiff of the overfamiliar (the 500th repurposing of Dilla's "Lightworks"; an appearance of the three-year-old Ghostface/DOOM track "Angelz"; a beat that samples ESG's "UFO"), and the whole thing's just barely over 40 minutes. But there's something in DOOM's voice-- a focused rasp that's subtly grown slightly more ragged and intense-- that reveals something darker and deeper than the cartoon world in which he made himself a jocular adversary. Brak, Japanese space monsters, and the Fantastic Four have given way here to Charles Bukowski, whose apocalyptic "Dinosauria, We" gives the album its title and acts as the intro to the pivotal cut "Cellz". In that track, DOOM punctuates one of the most tightly knotted verses of his career by making note of those who miss the deeper meaning: "Metalface Finster, playin' with the dirty money/ Sinister, don't know what he sayin' but the words be funny."

Yeah, Born Like This is still pretty funny; anyone who's amused by the kinds of strange linguistic and lyrical parallels and internal rhymes nobody else would think of has a good repertoire of quotable lines to draw from. But there's a stronger undercurrent of bitterness and a downturn in comedy, some of which feels tied in to a renewed malevolence in his villainous guise and some of which speaks towards something more personal. "Once sold an inbred skinhead a n----r joke/ Plus a brand-new chrome smoker with the triggers broke," he spits in "Gazzillion Ear", an admission that partially echoes the same concerns that led Dave Chappelle to take himself off TV and is followed up on fleetingly in "Ballskin": "Chrome grown men doin' business with Anglo Sax'n'em/ Lackin' swing but that banjo's so relaxin'."

And the overall subject matter can get grimier than Madvillainy converts are used to. "Absolutely" envisions a widely organized revenge plot against the entire legal system-- from snitches to police to judges-- where offending parties get their lattes poisoned and their tongues ripped out. "Rap Ambush" compares his M.O. to an insurgent attacking troops with guerilla tactics. And "Batty Boyz" features more concentrated ****phobia than damn near any hip-hop track I've heard this decade, even if it's a little too goofy to be excessively hateful-- it's all aimed at Superman, Batman, and Robin on some hybrid "Rapper's Delight"/Seduction of the Innocent business, though it could also be a metaphor clowning on the ripped, shirtless-posing "**** thug" MCs DOOM considers adversaries. ("Batty Boyz" also samples a Jeff Dunham routine; between this and the Larry the Cable Guy clips in last year's Jake One collab "Get 'Er Done" it's possible that DOOM has tried to tone down his comedic streak by invoking comedians that aren't actually funny.)

The more time you spend with Born Like This, the less the flaws actually feel like flaws and more like interesting diversions. "Yessir" is the track with the "UFO" sample and features Raekwon going solo, but the Chef sounds focused and fierce even if it feels like he's been beamed in from a completely different album. "Angelz" isn't necessarily improved with an added boom-clap kick to bolster its Charlie's Angels soundtrack loop, but hearing Ghostface and DOOM pull off abstract storytelling raps on the same track never gets old. And on an album filled with great production-- including four superb contributions from Jake One, Madlib assembling some top-notch gritty, noir-caliber soul jazz ambience on "Absolutely" and some of DOOM's most wide-ranging and bugged-out production yet (dude even ****s with warped Auto-Tune and Run-DMC drum machines on "Supervillainz")-- the out-of-the-vaults Dilla beat turns out to be the best. Not "Lightworks" (which DOOM rocks anyways), but "Gazzillion Ear", which makes inspired jumps between haunted-house soul and Midnight Express Moroder like it's no big deal.

It's funny that Born Like This starts off feeling unfinished and, a couple listens later, starts to resonate as strongly as anything he's done since Madvillainy. I don't know if Born Like This arose from disillusionment or fatigue or something else, but whatever caused DOOM to scale back his output and go off the grid, he's only come back from it sharper, stronger, and more powerful than before. Villains don't really die, they just emerge from the rubble even more determined to make the world see their way

Share This With Friends