Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Hip Hop Forum

View Poll Results: Whos really the Goat?
Biggie Smalls 8 7.55%
Rakim The God MC 21 19.81%
Nasty Nas aka Escobar 24 22.64%
Jigga Jay-z aka Hov 10 9.43%
Tupac Shakur 40 37.74%
KRS-One 3 2.83%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2009, 02:55 PM #11
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
RL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,155.62
Total Points: 19,624.63
tv ilegal vid. - mellow_mood Happy BIRTHday to your new baby boy. .  Congrats on being a POPS! - UglyPug congrats and make sure you'll be a superdad - Alx. Congrats, pops! - jazluvr Congratulations and all the best with your new little one. :wave: - Bossy 
Here's one for your baby boy - led Here's another one for you being a dad - led Congratulations on your new son, here's a lucky dollar... - jose830 Haha - Berges heres a burger for after,i already green kd u and couldnt do so again. - HUGH JASS 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RL_GMA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas Is A Chump View Post
from that list its jay-z easily. Hes the only rapper that people still listen to. All those other rappers should be deleted from raps history. Especially shnazzir.

Gnause lost.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
RL_GMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:39 PM #12
Last Of The Mo-Ricans!

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
el malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond reputeel malo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 13,871.00
Black Trash The Autobiography of Kirk Jones, one of the most slept on Hiphop masterpieces, EVER.  Great fucking choice. - El Gallo Negro! Your posts are mostly right on the money homey. - mangler Have a treat homey. Luv readin your posts. - mangler I couldn't give you green K because I'm out for the day so have a gift.  Good poster, you are. - ABOSWORTH have a beer - MANGLER 

1 krs one "the teacher"
2 nas
3 rakim

to me one of the main factors in picking the greatest mc is longevity,

rakim was unbelivable with his lyrics and its hard for me not to pick him but after his couple albums with eric b he made two solo albums that were good but he faded after that and didnt stand the test of time.

nas since he came out dropped great albums and is still active after 14 years. so he has stood the test of time. some people say he's not consistent enough but the lyrics are on point always.

krs one definitley stood the test of time the most as the teacher till this day you hear him spit freestyles and make albums occasionally. the reason he still can make albums today and spit freestyles at any given time is because he's what you call a true mc. he's dropped some great albums aswell and you can put him with any legendary producer primo, marly marl, pete rock, large pro, etc.. and they would make a good album guaranteed. (for example "hip hop is alive" produced by marly marl.

anyway my point is krs one is the greatest, he does it all teach, battle rap, drops good albums, spits off the top of the dome better than rakim and nas, etc.. nas is second only because he has lasted longer than rakim even though he was inspired by both krs and rakim but he has done enough to cement his legacy in hip hop. rakim is the god but the only thing that bothers me is that he didnt last as long as nas or krs for whatever reason. i have paid in full(greatest album all time), follow the leader, etc and what rakim has done is amazing but i wish he would've kept dropping albums after the 18th letter and the master

Last edited by elmalo28; 01-30-2009 at 03:41 PM.
el malo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:43 PM #13
West Ham til I die

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The Wire has a reputation beyond reputeThe Wire has a reputation beyond reputeThe Wire has a reputation beyond reputeThe Wire has a reputation beyond reputeThe Wire has a reputation beyond reputeThe Wire has a reputation beyond reputeThe Wire has a reputation beyond reputeThe Wire has a reputation beyond reputeThe Wire has a reputation beyond reputeThe Wire has a reputation beyond reputeThe Wire has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 8,458.00
Happy Millenium! - Nicky_Hatton 

I would a put some much money on Rakim winning this poll. I wonder how many people have got any of his albums? I've got Erik B and Rakim 'Paid in Full' and that's it. And yeah, it's fire. It really is. And he's got sick lyrics and was a pioneer. But people talk about Rakim cos it means you know hip hop a bit and you think it makes you cool. Biggie is the GOAT no doubt
The Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:48 PM #14
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MegStarr* has a reputation beyond reputeMegStarr* has a reputation beyond reputeMegStarr* has a reputation beyond reputeMegStarr* has a reputation beyond reputeMegStarr* has a reputation beyond reputeMegStarr* has a reputation beyond reputeMegStarr* has a reputation beyond reputeMegStarr* has a reputation beyond reputeMegStarr* has a reputation beyond reputeMegStarr* has a reputation beyond reputeMegStarr* has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 7,964.00
Your one of my favorite posters. you know what your talking about. - RJJ The Truth to a good poster - el guason456 Your getting another gift from me for being so cooooooollll - RJJ The Truth have a dilla donut, homegirl - Gift Of Gab Happy Birthday Meg - TRUTH 
courtesy of Roc Nation lol - DA TRUTHSTA Roc Burger just for you - Truth 
Send a message via MSN to MegStarr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL_GMA View Post
I think the problem though with Hip Hop is that there's no respect for the the artists, producers, etc who paved the way. It's like any kid can pick up a mic and rap about bull****, and not even know about the Rakims, Kanes, Kool G raps, Melle Mel, etc, but will go out of their way to tell the "Old guys to take a seat"

But only in Hip Hop will this happen. How many R&B artists tell Stevie Wonder to "Sit down old man...its our turn"

Rakim's rhymes should be studied in College like Pac's are at USC Berkley
excellent point.
the best i have heard on this topic in a long time.
MegStarr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:52 PM #15
Old School Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Truth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 27,697.00
Go Roy! - T-97 No Message - Addition Thanks for sending me albums... - TRUTH Roy Jones Jr - P4P#1 Forever! - Chunk Boxing Scenes GOAT - The Gold Mac 
c.r.e.a.m. get the money! - el guason456 for defending Prodigy - Zach Randolph Happy Birthday Truth!!! - Purple Haze Pop bottles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy-Bday! - lefhooktodabody Happy Birthday! - ЯiZO 
Happy Bday Homie - SkilledBoxer I respect your opinion - Tuggers1986 Meth and Redman rule - -Blackout- Have a Dollar, T - Grand Champ 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Childhood Cancer - Grand Champ Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - 'Sugar' Freddi 

I hate it when young dudes diss the legends. show some respect.

I think respect is a big problem in this world period, alot of people are disrespectful for no reason.
Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:01 PM #16
UNDEFEATED

Floyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,015.08
Total Points: 13,065.39
The Gold Mac is that dude...respect him. - TRUTH Thanks for sending me albums...i sent this to myself by accident  lol - TRUTH Good Game - ??? Congrats at 1K. - Bendigo 1K Posts! - T-97 
1k post celebration.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Best New Poster Of The Year 2008 - RJJ The Truth your name is gold mac, your are the man!!! whats up with all these questions about your plans!!! Lincoln roll call!! lol remember from he got game? haha - RJJ The Truth have a Dilla Donut, my dude - el guason456 Great post on Jay-Z in the unpopular opinions thread - RJJ The Truth 
Happy b-day................... - lefhooktodabody Happy birthday b. **cam'ron voice** lol tried to get a cake, shit was out of stock. my bad - RJJ The Truth Happy-B day - megadude A Slice of Uno Pizza for that mix... - Truth nice argument....:D - Truth 
BoxingScene's King.... - Truth ya dig? - Truth Good looking out with the X tracks - Grand Champ 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - TRUTH World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Truth Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Grand Champ Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalo28 View Post
1 krs one "the teacher"
2 nas
3 rakim

to me one of the main factors in picking the greatest mc is longevity,

rakim was unbelivable with his lyrics and its hard for me not to pick him but after his couple albums with eric b he made two solo albums that were good but he faded after that and didnt stand the test of time.

nas since he came out dropped great albums and is still active after 14 years. so he has stood the test of time. some people say he's not consistent enough but the lyrics are on point always.

krs one definitley stood the test of time the most as the teacher till this day you hear him spit freestyles and make albums occasionally. the reason he still can make albums today and spit freestyles at any given time is because he's what you call a true mc. he's dropped some great albums aswell and you can put him with any legendary producer primo, marly marl, pete rock, large pro, etc.. and they would make a good album guaranteed. (for example "hip hop is alive" produced by marly marl.

anyway my point is krs one is the greatest, he does it all teach, battle rap, drops good albums, spits off the top of the dome better than rakim and nas, etc.. nas is second only because he has lasted longer than rakim even though he was inspired by both krs and rakim but he has done enough to cement his legacy in hip hop. rakim is the god but the only thing that bothers me is that he didnt last as long as nas or krs for whatever reason. i have paid in full(greatest album all time), follow the leader, etc and what rakim has done is amazing but i wish he would've kept dropping albums after the 18th letter and the master
I gotta agree with what you said about krs even though i dont consider him to be the greatest, thats a very strong argument. Hes kind of like all the greatest rappers rolled into one. Hes got swag, he can battle, he can educate, he can do any kind of concept song, and his music has withstood the test of time. The way I see it, the top 4 is really a toss up between krs one, rakim, 2pac, and nas. I respect all of them as very deserving goat candidates.
Floyd Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:02 PM #17
Old School Member

Truth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond repute
Go Roy! - T-97 No Message - Addition Thanks for sending me albums... - TRUTH Roy Jones Jr - P4P#1 Forever! - Chunk Boxing Scenes GOAT - The Gold Mac 
c.r.e.a.m. get the money! - el guason456 for defending Prodigy - Zach Randolph Happy Birthday Truth!!! - Purple Haze Pop bottles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy-Bday! - lefhooktodabody Happy Birthday! - ЯiZO 
Happy Bday Homie - SkilledBoxer I respect your opinion - Tuggers1986 Meth and Redman rule - -Blackout- Have a Dollar, T - Grand Champ 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Childhood Cancer - Grand Champ Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - 'Sugar' Freddi 

You know what? sometimes I want to say Nas is the greatest of all time...but pac had a stronger flow with political lyrics. plus he did great commercially too, I want to say Nas, I really do...but I don't know if I can...but I really want to.lol
Old 01-30-2009, 04:09 PM #18
UNDEFEATED

Floyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond reputeFloyd Sinclair has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,015.08
Total Points: 13,065.39
The Gold Mac is that dude...respect him. - TRUTH Thanks for sending me albums...i sent this to myself by accident  lol - TRUTH Good Game - ??? Congrats at 1K. - Bendigo 1K Posts! - T-97 
1k post celebration.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Best New Poster Of The Year 2008 - RJJ The Truth your name is gold mac, your are the man!!! whats up with all these questions about your plans!!! Lincoln roll call!! lol remember from he got game? haha - RJJ The Truth have a Dilla Donut, my dude - el guason456 Great post on Jay-Z in the unpopular opinions thread - RJJ The Truth 
Happy b-day................... - lefhooktodabody Happy birthday b. **cam'ron voice** lol tried to get a cake, shit was out of stock. my bad - RJJ The Truth Happy-B day - megadude A Slice of Uno Pizza for that mix... - Truth nice argument....:D - Truth 
BoxingScene's King.... - Truth ya dig? - Truth Good looking out with the X tracks - Grand Champ 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - TRUTH World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Truth Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Grand Champ Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH 

Lyrically, i dont think Pac is close to nas but pac made a huge impact on rap. His music effected so many people. Krs one also had that effect, but not to the same extent. The way he put this song together is incredible

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
Floyd Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:17 PM #19
Old School Member

^Yeah but if your just going by lyrics, Canibus is probably top 10. And also it depends what Pac your talking about, his earlier stuff was more lyrical if I remember correctly. I don't think as lyrical as Nas though. But with Pac it was the way he said things, like on Dear Mama, "Theres no wayyy I can pay you back, but the plan is to show you that I undestand!" you could feel exactly what he was saying...

but you already know this...lol when discussing this stuff its hard not to repeat things
Old 01-30-2009, 04:20 PM #20
Old School Member

I realize KRS One is a legend
I realize KRS One is one of the greatest rappers of all time
I respect KRS One

with that being said, I've never enjoyed his music everytime I've listened. Atleast for the most part.

Share This With Friends

Tags
ever?, rapper

User Tag List