Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 06-24-2019, 09:41 PM #11
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3228 Post(s)
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,257.88
Total Points: 109,391.25
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - lparm 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
Is this a joke?

I remember George's comeback. while in retrospect it's easy to appreciate the accomplishment, it definitely had the feel of a circus sideshow. George's competition was carefully chosen. His celebrity ensured he could pick who he wanted.

There's nothing really exceptional about his competition: the fights w/ Qawi, Cooper and Cooney were travesties that should have never been made. They make Hopkins-Jones II forgivable.

His come-from-behind win against Moorer... but that's exactly what it was, a KO win to salvage a fight he was losing to Michael Moorer.

He lost to Tommy Morrison.

And didn't win a round against Holyfield.

So tell me, where are all these talented opponents that you're talking about? He finally tamed his wild side. But everyone know that his return wouldn't have lasted long if he'd attempted the brawling style of the 70's.

And yet we're to believe he beats the finest pure-boxer (and much bigger man) that the Heavyweight division has ever seen. enjoy that joint, bro.
I agree with this, and its a great point. Its not finding fault with george...he matured, he came back and even put some punches together against Moore. A great story indeed, but to look at that version of George and compare him to when he was fighting at the top of his game... I don't see it.
billeau2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-25-2019, 03:38 AM #12
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1124 Post(s)
QueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,251.62
Total Points: 41,344.37

Quote:
Is this a joke?

I remember George's comeback. while in retrospect it's easy to appreciate the accomplishment, it definitely had the feel of a circus sideshow. George's competition was carefully chosen. His celebrity ensured he could pick who he wanted.

There's nothing really exceptional about his competition: the fights w/ Qawi, Cooper and Cooney were travesties that should have never been made. They make Hopkins-Jones II forgivable.

His come-from-behind win against Moorer... but that's exactly what it was, a KO win to salvage a fight he was losing to Michael Moorer.

So tell me, where are all these talented opponents that you're talking about? He finally tamed his wild side. But everyone know that his return wouldn't have lasted long if he'd attempted the brawling style of the 70's.

And yet we're to believe he beats the finest pure-boxer (and much bigger man) that the Heavyweight division has ever seen. enjoy that joint, bro.
- -Now there you go again Rusty Boy.

One of these days when you finally matured out of your prolonged prepubescent state, you too could fill the slippers of Maxine Kellerman.

Tomorrow, a thousand eons of tomorrows and more for you in the here and now.
QueensburyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:02 AM #13
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 789 Post(s)
PRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond reputePRINCEKOOL has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,226.90
Total Points: 25,299.08

The Foreman that fought Holyfeild is the best match up.
PRINCEKOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:18 AM #14
Interim Champion

Quoted: 556 Post(s)
Rusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond reputeRusty Tromboni has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 28,501.70

Quote:
Originally Posted by billeau2 View Post
I agree with this, and its a great point. Its not finding fault with george...he matured, he came back and even put some punches together against Moore. A great story indeed, but to look at that version of George and compare him to when he was fighting at the top of his game... I don't see it.
I hate dumping on fighters. I have had to step away from coaching because of work and kids, but even seeing young men poor their heart out on the mat or in training inspires me deeply. So I hope it's clear I am not here to say bad things about men who literally risked their lives and families' well-being by entering the ring. I just see people say ridiculous things - things they don't even wish to substantiate - and that gets me mad. sometimes it might appear I'm trying to ***** on a fighter but really my target is an inconsiderate comment.

I really appreciate you taking notice of my efforts not to criticize George (whom I respect TREMENDOUSLY as a person), just temper a misinformed comment.
Rusty Tromboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:53 AM #15
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3228 Post(s)
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,257.88
Total Points: 109,391.25
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - lparm 

Quote:
I hate dumping on fighters. I have had to step away from coaching because of work and kids, but even seeing young men poor their heart out on the mat or in training inspires me deeply. So I hope it's clear I am not here to say bad things about men who literally risked their lives and families' well-being by entering the ring. I just see people say ridiculous things - things they don't even wish to substantiate - and that gets me mad. sometimes it might appear I'm trying to ***** on a fighter but really my target is an inconsiderate comment.

I really appreciate you taking notice of my efforts not to criticize George (whom I respect TREMENDOUSLY as a person), just temper a misinformed comment.
With George, because he came back on a mission, and was not in the horrendous situation that great fighters who are broke, find themselves... it is easy to think of him in a different light. When one looks at Louis against Marciano, needing to fight to pay the IRS, as fans it is horrible to see.

George came back because he wanted to do so and it was an interesting ride. But people tend to think that because of this difference in George's will to fight at an advanced age, that he was a great fighter with different, new attributes. This is not so... and anyone who thinks it through, and watched George's second coming could see that he was fighting on cunning, the ability to use his girth to his advantage, and needed to conserve a lot of energy to do so. And yes, he had the will and cunning to remarkably catch Moore... Prime Foreman would do a worse number on Moore I suspect lol.

He was a great fighter with tremendous ability in his prime, and it is a bit of an insult to Big George to compare that prime with his second effort.
billeau2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:41 AM #16
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1124 Post(s)
QueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,251.62
Total Points: 41,344.37

Quote:
Let's see your scorecard.

Seriously, you run your mouth all the time. Let's see you step up and substatiate that filth your spew.

I remember that fight. George exceeded expectations and many of Holyfield's other opponents. But he definitely didn't emasculate Holyfied... he was too busy getting his ass kicked.
- -Soft lad tuff talk behind his behind, eh?

Field post George performances and record poor like Tyson and Ali and soon to be you. What you don't know could fill a universe.
QueensburyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 03:28 AM #17
Contender

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
tophat1 is a jewel in the roughtophat1 is a jewel in the roughtophat1 is a jewel in the roughtophat1 is a jewel in the rough
Total Points: 2,736.08

fury would win a wide decision against that version of foreman
tophat1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 06:13 PM #18
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Sugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,245.39
Total Points: 13,800.55
For being a cool poster - -IronMike- beer for a good poster - led Top Poster. - Barnburner Great info in the running thread. - Barnburner for the excellent race time (Its new running shoes!) - The Surgeon 
for invaluable advice in the training forum - jas 

Quote:
Is this a joke?

He certainly won a few rounds against Holyfield. One judge had it by 3 rounds; the other two by 5 and 7...

Last edited by Sugarj; 07-02-2019 at 06:22 PM.
Sugarj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 11:16 PM #19
No More UK Stoppages

Quoted: 12534 Post(s)
ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 147,703.65
Total Points: 160,796.17
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas Thanks for the green man,I should have won poster of the year,but the site is in denial.bitches huh ? - Scott-Weiland All in .&amp;w - BERNIE'S CORNER Phone spazzed on gift giving. Can't green ya but have this beer on me. All in good fun ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Easily one of the best posters on the forum - JK1700 
To wipe that ass lol - BigZ44 Good thread and comments - maracho A truce - lfc19titles A truce - lfc19titles 

Wilder head hunted and whiffed on dozens of punches yet still dropped Fury twice.

Foreman was more accurate, knew how to go to the body, and was cagier when it came to setting traps. I say he wears down Fury and eventually sets up a punch that Tyson doesn't get up from.
ShoulderRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 04:47 AM #20
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 602 Post(s)
johnbook has a reputation beyond reputejohnbook has a reputation beyond reputejohnbook has a reputation beyond reputejohnbook has a reputation beyond reputejohnbook has a reputation beyond reputejohnbook has a reputation beyond reputejohnbook has a reputation beyond reputejohnbook has a reputation beyond reputejohnbook has a reputation beyond reputejohnbook has a reputation beyond reputejohnbook has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 45,665.48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
Wilder head hunted and whiffed on dozens of punches yet still dropped Fury twice.

Foreman was more accurate, knew how to go to the body, and was cagier when it came to setting traps. I say he wears down Fury and eventually sets up a punch that Tyson doesn't get up from.
Good analysis.
And that's why the "original" Tyson [Mike] refused to fight even the old Foreman. That says a lot.
johnbook is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
90's, foreman?, fury, geroge, tyson

User Tag List