Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malignaggi tried to win by defense but was not successful.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malignaggi tried to win by defense but was not successful.

Paulie tried to slick his way to victory but it will be a bad reputation for a new sport if they don't reward the aggressive fighter. I don't mind with the result, Paulie was nowhere as accurate as Lobov anyway. Paulie did not represent boxing well. Lobov is not a guy that should beat him.

Paulie is a bum got beat by a club level mma fighter. All he did was throw the jab fighting on the backfoot and expected to win a fight. Dude reminded me of J leon Love and Tabiti.

Comment

Paulie needs to be exiled to some distant irrelevant island forever. He is dead to me.

Comment

No problem with Paulie losing either, he made a potentially exciting sport look boring. Personally, I thought he won though, scored by boxing rules.
        Last edited by Weebler I; 06-22-2019, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Hit and not get hit, I thought Paulie won - Artem didn't turn it up until round 4 which was annoying, he was supposed to fight like that from the get-go.

I had Paulie 48-47 - the fight itself was underwhelming, respect to both guys though they settled their beef (for now) and showed good sportsmanship.

Comment

Originally posted by 'b' View Post
            Hit and not get hit, I thought Paulie won - Artem didn't turn it up until round 4 which was annoying, he was supposed to fight like that from the get-go.

I had Paulie 48-47 - the fight itself was underwhelming, respect to both guys though they settled their beef (for now) and showed good sportsmanship.
            agree on this, the russian dude didn't do much until round 4

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
              Cause Paulie was on his bicycle the entire fight.

Comment

The decision was correct. Never reward a fighter who is on the back foot but is not accurately hitting the other guy. Boxing had recently gone down this road and had forgotten the old tradition of rewarding the aggressive fighter first if the fight is close enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                  Paulie 1-3 and Artem 4-5. I can't be biased when scoring combat sports for the life of me, I know how hard these guys train and know how elite their fitness is compared to anyone you see walking the street.

The biggest disappointment from this is that Mcgregor vs Paulie probably won't happen now.

A big takeaway from this fight is that Conor would slaughter Malignaggi in bareknuckle, wouldn't mind seeing the boxing fight between the two though (I just wanna see Mcgregor lose, not a fan at all).

Good to see Artem get some more fame and money, I hope he has continued success in his career and a rematch with Knight ain't off the table, the stylistic matchup is FIRE every time.

Comment

Yea I agree. When nothing much is happening the aggressive guy is more likely to edge the rounds.

Not to mention Paulie looked like he took the worst of the damage. That cut on/by his eyebrow was pretty nasty. I'm sure that helped judges sway things Artem's way.

Bad strategy by Paulie which was one of my concerns. Can't slick your way to a W in BK fighting. Gotta be active & land some punches.

Comment

Working...
                    X