Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 05-31-2019, 09:58 AM #21
Contender

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Eastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,369.18
Total Points: 13,134.26

Vodka is the best alcohol to avoid hangovers. A decent vodka like Ketel One or Tito's. Its also lowest in carbs and calories. Mix with seltzer water for low calorie mixer. I try to space my drinking out so no food is consumed 1-2hours before or after drinking if possible. The body gets real busy trying to process the alcohol and doesn't digest food well during drinking.
Eastbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-31-2019, 04:03 PM #22
Up and Comer

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Moller is on a distinguished road
Bank: 1,083.07
Total Points: 7,853.53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastbound View Post
Vodka is the best alcohol to avoid hangovers. A decent vodka like Ketel One or Tito's. Its also lowest in carbs and calories. Mix with seltzer water for low calorie mixer. I try to space my drinking out so no food is consumed 1-2hours before or after drinking if possible. The body gets real busy trying to process the alcohol and doesn't digest food well during drinking.
Thanks brother, i dont like to get drunk that often, i get hangovers like hell and i dont like the feeling of losing the control, so i only get drunk on special occasions, or if i really feel like it. 9 outta 10 times i just get tipsy, drink alot of water and eat before bed. I will try to push my eating to 1-2 hours after my last drink!
Moller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 06:33 PM #23
Contender

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Le_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,643.56
Total Points: 13,362.51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' View Post
It's easy if you really want to be a fighter... Rockin'
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Of course, Rockin. If I didn't have a day job or was about to enter a competition, it'd be a whole different ball game. A lot more, such as your physical integrity, is riding on how you treat your body, right? However, when you're training 4-5 times a week for the fitness and enjoyment aspects of boxing - it's only natural to go out every so often.

What I meant is: For the amateur boxers when you do go out drinking, especially with non-boxing friends, it can be harder to stay in line. Most of my friends don't have to get up 7am five times a week, so it's about who you're rubbing shoulders with and what rubs off on you.
Le_Grand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:31 PM #24
Contender

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
cv808 has a reputation beyond reputecv808 has a reputation beyond reputecv808 has a reputation beyond reputecv808 has a reputation beyond reputecv808 has a reputation beyond reputecv808 has a reputation beyond reputecv808 has a reputation beyond reputecv808 has a reputation beyond reputecv808 has a reputation beyond reputecv808 has a reputation beyond reputecv808 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,969.99

I agree, age and whether you intend to compete are the biggest factors of where you are right now, you're young & don't intend on competing. Drink if you want. If and when you decide to pursue a more seriousness with boxing, you'll naturally cut back.

I drink about once a week, wine mostly due to the lesser amount of carbs without hitting the hard liquor.

I definitely agree, while I don't think I consciously made the decision, thinking about it, I never drink before a training session hahahahaha! I guess we all subconsciously know better than to screw ourselves over like that lol.
cv808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:24 PM #25

Quoted: 4154 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 72,641.11
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastbound View Post
Isnt there a myth about drinking vodka to overcome a hangover?
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:01 PM #26
Contender

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Eastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond reputeEastbound has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 13,134.26

There is no hangover from vodka unless it’s the cheap stuff. That’s my experience a retired professional drinker
Eastbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:40 PM #27
Interim Champion

Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Htown-Finest is a name known to allHtown-Finest is a name known to allHtown-Finest is a name known to allHtown-Finest is a name known to allHtown-Finest is a name known to allHtown-Finest is a name known to all
Total Points: 12,812.65

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv808 View Post
I agree, age and whether you intend to compete are the biggest factors of where you are right now, you're young & don't intend on competing. Drink if you want. If and when you decide to pursue a more seriousness with boxing, you'll naturally cut back.

I drink about once a week, wine mostly due to the lesser amount of carbs without hitting the hard liquor.

I definitely agree, while I don't think I consciously made the decision, thinking about it, I never drink before a training session hahahahaha! I guess we all subconsciously know better than to screw ourselves over like that lol.
Preach
Htown-Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:50 PM #28
Interim Champion

Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Htown-Finest is a name known to allHtown-Finest is a name known to allHtown-Finest is a name known to allHtown-Finest is a name known to allHtown-Finest is a name known to allHtown-Finest is a name known to all
Total Points: 12,812.65

I drink a 6pack everyday . I use to box when I was teenage , of course didn’t drink back then.

I box train as hellava workout. I run about 16-17miles week throughout Monday - Friday to keep beer belly weight off and other box workouts.

Drinking protein shakes is a must for me

I put in extra work as I drink as alcohol calories is crazy
Htown-Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 05:22 PM #29
Amateur

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
m8rix has a reputation beyond reputem8rix has a reputation beyond reputem8rix has a reputation beyond reputem8rix has a reputation beyond reputem8rix has a reputation beyond reputem8rix has a reputation beyond reputem8rix has a reputation beyond reputem8rix has a reputation beyond reputem8rix has a reputation beyond reputem8rix has a reputation beyond reputem8rix has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,015.08
Total Points: 6,137.77

if you drink in moderation and infrequently then you should be fine.
m8rix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 05:14 AM #30
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1051 Post(s)
P4Pdunny has a reputation beyond reputeP4Pdunny has a reputation beyond reputeP4Pdunny has a reputation beyond reputeP4Pdunny has a reputation beyond reputeP4Pdunny has a reputation beyond reputeP4Pdunny has a reputation beyond reputeP4Pdunny has a reputation beyond reputeP4Pdunny has a reputation beyond reputeP4Pdunny has a reputation beyond reputeP4Pdunny has a reputation beyond reputeP4Pdunny has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,342.14
Total Points: 44,765.17

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRed View Post
I can't even party anymore. When I party I can't train for days.
hahaha, age catching up on you Red?
P4Pdunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
drinkin?, training