Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 06-08-2019, 07:15 PM #1
Contender

Quoted: 246 Post(s)
tcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,257.88
Total Points: 15,086.89
Default Took a fight on 2 days notice against someone 4-0 and got the W!

After my last fight and camp I had a few (fairly minor but annoying) injuries. So I have only really trained sparingly over the past couple of months. Hamstring tendonitis was the worst of it.

About 2-3 weeks ago I started training boxing again, and got in maybe 2 sparring sessions (last one a week before my fight on Saturday and one on the Thursday before that). Really trained hard for the first time this past wednesday (the day I found out about the fight), did 4-3 min rds of sprints and 3-3 minute rds of plyo med ball work. Was a bit worried I'd be sore for the fight on Saturday but worked out. I tried a bit of a new style to conserve energy and I felt pretty good going into the 3rd.

Should've got the decision for my last fight, so really should be 3-1 now, but got my second official win today on 2 days notice against an opponent who was 4-0.

Video: [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Last edited by tcbender; 06-10-2019 at 09:35 AM.
tcbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-08-2019, 08:09 PM #2
Contender

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Rahat is infamous around these partsRahat is infamous around these partsRahat is infamous around these partsRahat is infamous around these partsRahat is infamous around these partsRahat is infamous around these partsRahat is infamous around these partsRahat is infamous around these partsRahat is infamous around these partsRahat is infamous around these partsRahat is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,296.09
Total Points: 9,876.04

Congrats man
Rahat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 10:53 PM #3
iDKSAB

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
DONTRAY is infamous around these partsDONTRAY is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,196.68
Total Points: 8,764.71

Looking forward to the video.
DONTRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:36 AM #4
Contender

tcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond reputetcbender has a reputation beyond repute

After my last fight and camp I had a few (fairly minor but annoying) injuries. So I have only really trained sparingly over the past couple of months. Hamstring tendonitis was the worst of it.

About 2-3 weeks ago I started training boxing again, and got in maybe 2 sparring sessions (last one a week before my fight on Saturday and one on the Thursday before that). Really trained hard for the first time this past wednesday (the day I found out about the fight), did 4-3 min rds of sprints and 3-3 minute rds of plyo med ball work. Was a bit worried I'd be sore for the fight on Saturday but worked out. I tried a bit of a new style to conserve energy and I felt pretty good going into the 3rd.

Video: [Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

Definitely won't say it was the prettiest performance, loading up too much, but w/e glad I got the fight in and another win. Def hit him with a lot of good shots, wish I had a bit more gas to follow up sometimes but really was worried about my gassing out with the lack of running/training.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:00 PM #5
Contender

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
VegasMichael has a reputation beyond reputeVegasMichael has a reputation beyond reputeVegasMichael has a reputation beyond reputeVegasMichael has a reputation beyond reputeVegasMichael has a reputation beyond reputeVegasMichael has a reputation beyond reputeVegasMichael has a reputation beyond reputeVegasMichael has a reputation beyond reputeVegasMichael has a reputation beyond reputeVegasMichael has a reputation beyond reputeVegasMichael has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,590.17
Total Points: 12,020.15

Nice win! Congrats. Looks like your opponent had a height and reach advantage but it didn't seem to bother you.
VegasMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 05:46 PM #6
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMichael View Post
Nice win! Congrats. Looks like your opponent had a height and reach advantage but it didn't seem to bother you.
Thanks man.

He had a pretty nice jab, was able to time it right when I was throwing mine and we'd basically trade jabs, but he didn't use it all that often. I tried to stay inside and could tell he wasn't that comfortable, but he did a good job of clenching me up.

So far everyone I've fought has been quite a bit taller than me (and most have been heavier), this guy was at least the same weight as me.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:18 PM #7
Contender

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Le_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond reputeLe_Grand has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,393.82
Total Points: 13,013.77

Awesome man - Gonna check out the vid over the week-end!
Le_Grand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:32 PM #8
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONTRAY View Post
Looking forward to the video.
Posted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahat View Post
Congrats man
Thanks Rahat!
Old 06-12-2019, 09:04 PM #9

Quoted: 4088 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,296.09
Total Points: 64,755.69
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbender View Post
Posted!

Thanks Rahat!
YES!!!!
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
OctoberRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 07:55 AM #10
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRed View Post
YES!!!!
Thanks Red!

Share This With Friends

Tags