Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 05-03-2019, 07:50 PM #11
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3183 Post(s)
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,251.62
Total Points: 106,423.02
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - lparm 

Three great fighters. I tend to put Ross supreme because of how he came up. Despite such technical skills Ross came into the fight game with a giant chip on his shoulder. His dad was murdered and he was on his own at 14... Became tough enough to stand in there with the best and do so with technical pizazz.

Just had a toughness and technical savy.

Canzoneri fought them all... and McLarnin had dynamite power.

I guess that is my order.
billeau2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-03-2019, 08:00 PM #12
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Longhaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond reputeLonghaul has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 7,011.99

I got Canzoneri and Mclarnin switching spots
Longhaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 08:56 PM #13
Sentenced to Texas

Quoted: 2900 Post(s)
Mooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond reputeMooshashi has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,257.88
Total Points: 51,366.95
a real bro - Ruthless One Great stuff. - Santa_ damn!!! - -jose- No Message - Snoop Frog Salma's a goddess, I bet it tastes like a strawberry. - Santa_ 
Cheers, man! - Tony Trick-Pony 

Great group of boxers. Ross was also a war hero if Im not mistaken.
Mooshashi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:02 PM #14

Quoted: 4039 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,251.62
Total Points: 56,488.87
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooshashi View Post
Great group of boxers. Ross was also a war hero if Im not mistaken.
I believe you are right.
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:03 PM #15
Up and Comer

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
ron davis has a spectacular aura aboutron davis has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 1,138.46
Total Points: 9,244.28

The real true story of who was the Greatest is the forgotten man. As, Walter Winchell called, "Davey Day the forgotten man was seen in the Big Apple". Jimmy McLarnin said, if Day wasn't in the same stable with Ross he'd be the Lightweight and Welterweight Champion from 1934 to 1941. Ross and Day managers were Sam Pian an Art Winch. The newspapers would say, Day was a protege of Ross, strictly confidential Pian & Winch, would say, Ross was a protege of Mr. Day. Sam Taub, jounalest and broadcaster at Ross vs. Armstrong fight. Davey Day was in a match with Norbert Quarles MSG 1938, and he said, watching the fight "Day is Ross' stablemate and is the cleverer and harder puncher of the two. Go to Ebay there just so happens to be listed a picture of Davey Day and manager Sam Pian getting off of train in NY to fight the #1 welterweight contender Pedro Montanez who beat Champion Lou Ambers in a non title match, and never was stopped. Day cut him to ribbons in eight rounds, referee stopping the slaughter, Day wins by TKO. Armstrong was suppose to fight the winner and instead fought the loser Montanez, wanting no part of Mr. Day. Go to Ebay search and put in (Davey Day and Armstrong) it will come up. Or, put in the item #233189224501. You'll read a complete story of Day, Ross, McLarnin, Canzoneri, Armstrong, Amber's, Angott etc. In the description/narrative on each pic. of day listed. LIST:
1. Day
2.McLarnin
3.Canzoneri
4 Ross

Armstrong would rate under Day. Peace.
ron davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 06:45 AM #16
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1099 Post(s)
QueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond reputeQueensburyRules has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,245.39
Total Points: 40,299.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by billeau2 View Post
Three great fighters. I tend to put Ross supreme because of how he came up. Despite such technical skills Ross came into the fight game with a giant chip on his shoulder. His dad was murdered and he was on his own at 14... Became tough enough to stand in there with the best and do so with technical pizazz.

Just had a toughness and technical savy.

Canzoneri fought them all... and McLarnin had dynamite power.

I guess that is my order.
- -You guessing again, your M/O.

McLarnin could l'arn ya a thing or two, after all he beat up Pancho Villa who had been beating up the US Army.

Noone tops that, NOONE!!!
QueensburyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:49 AM #17
Up and Comer

Jimmy McLarnin was a Great Champion, and friend of Day's. I have a letter from (Jimmy) written by his sister dated 1990 telling me that Jimmy usually won't reply to correspondence, but in my case he's making an exception. Telling how unfortunate Davey was to be in the same stable with Ross, otherwise he would have been Champion in 1934 to 1941. He was a Great fighter. Go to Ebay and learn something. Peace.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:10 PM #18
Up and Comer

Henry Armstrong had to be helped out of the ring in fight with Mr. Day. Davey cut him to pieces, and a Dr. was called into round eight to examine Henry's gashed left eye, that Day opened it up in the 6th rd picking at in close quarters. The Dr. would have stopped the fight if he was a white boy, making Day the Champion. Day was leading Armstrong to the 10th round. In the 11th round Armstrong came and hit Day four times below the waist and had the rd taken away. Davey fought Armstrong blind in one eye and his other was just a squint fro the 6th half the fight. The referee stopped the fight at 2:48 of the 12th rd. as Day was getting up from a punch to his blind side, he looked at Armstrong's bloody face and said, "you can rest now". The referee stopped Armstrong from losing.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:46 AM #19
Interim Champion

Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Luccio has a reputation beyond reputeLuccio has a reputation beyond reputeLuccio has a reputation beyond reputeLuccio has a reputation beyond reputeLuccio has a reputation beyond reputeLuccio has a reputation beyond reputeLuccio has a reputation beyond reputeLuccio has a reputation beyond reputeLuccio has a reputation beyond reputeLuccio has a reputation beyond reputeLuccio has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,957.52

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRed View Post
Now that would have been a fight!
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by them_apples View Post
Canzoneri undersized but the best of the bunch. Canzoneri vs Duran I would have loved to see.

I rank them the same order.
cannoli was a bum.

duran would ko that bum
Luccio is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
canzoneri, mclarnin, ross

User Tag List