No announcement yet.

Loma vs Crolla sold over 5K tickets. Produces a little over $500k gate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    He didn't even mention the ticket sales being low though? Am I missing something here? Where was the shot at TR?
    Here is a thread where I used up keep all this stuff updated

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=715239

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
      Business or matchmaking side of boxing. I meant in a positive way! You seem well informed.
      No sir, don't work in boxing at all.

And I definitely didn't take it in a negative way, just wanted clarification of what you were asking. I work with numbers on a daily basis, just not boxing! Lol .

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
        I’m trying tonight find where you posted the Loma Linares tickets sales and can’t seem to find it. Can you help and brother out and post the link? Thanks fam
        Why won't you just post it if you have it?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Here is a thread where I used up keep all this stuff updated

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=715239
          You can update it with the recent Lomachenko card, the Spence/Garcia card, Canelo/Jacobs and then hopefully when I get the Crawford/Khan numbers.

If you teach me how to take a image of the Spence/Garcia report, I can post it here.

Comment

No sir, don't work in boxing at all.

And I definitely didn't take it in a negative way, just wanted clarification of what you were asking. I work with numbers on a daily basis, just not boxing! Lol .
            Nice.

I mentioned matchmaking because Garcia vs Garcia is basically your creation (Believe it!). I remember talking about it with you a couple of times before it was even conceived by the matchmakers at PBC.

You were one of the first ones to discuss it and it might be happening soon. I love that one too. Fireworks!

Comment

See now this is a bs ass gate.

Any gate revenue dork on what Mikey's been doing minus the Spence fight? Assuming those numbers, whatever they are, & Bob's offer range to Mikey is why Loma vs Mikey had & still has very little chance of happening.

If Bob quit bsing all the time he coulda had Loma vs Mikey pre-Spence, but he's always doing that bean counter bs & thats why he can't hardly ever make no big non-in house fights.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                I was looking through your posts and I see you forgot to post Any low pbc fighters ticket commission reports. Why is that? Why anti top rank and DAZN ?
                You mad

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  See now this is a bs ass gate.

Any gate revenue dork on what Mikey's been doing minus the Spence fight? Assuming those numbers, whatever they are, & Bob's offer range to Mikey is why Loma vs Mikey had & still has very little chance of happening.

If Bob quit bsing all the time he coulda had Loma vs Mikey pre-Spence, but he's always doing that bean counter bs & thats why he can't hardly ever make no big non-in house fights.
                  Honestly, Garcia/Lomachenko never was even discussed and the timing never matched up. Only time it was talked about was when Mikey signed to fight Spence.

Now the question is how did Mikey do at the gate vs Easter? Did that one also sell 5-6k tickets? What was the gate for it?? May need to do some research lol.

Comment

I like Loma, one of my favorite fighters to watch currently, his P4P Position is 100% Legit for me, he is Top 3 Minimum for sure.

HOWEVER, the harsh reality of it is that at that weight class...he will never be a big draw of a big Superstar at 135. The Great Duran had to go up for Leonard at 147 and whip his ass in Canada for the world to finally see how GREAT he was. Yeah Writers, Reports and Hardcore Boxing fans back then I'm sure knew he was the greatest Lightweight EVER but nobody cared for the most part until he went up to 147 which always been and always will be one of the Big $$$ Divisions in boxing

It is really unfortunately he doesn't have a bigger FRAME because skill wise he would be a problem for anybody in any weight class with that SKILL SET. To me that is what P4P really is, hypothetically Speaking if Loma was a Welterweight, Middleweight or Heavyweight with the exact same set if skills...How Would He Do? I Say GREAT! This originally was what P4P was. Now it is about Boxing Reporters and Boxing Fans rankings guys based on Man Crush Levels for a fighter
                    Last edited by sicko; 05-15-2019, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Honestly, Garcia/Lomachenko never was even discussed and the timing never matched up. Only time it was talked about was when Mikey signed to fight Spence.

Now the question is how did Mikey do at the gate vs Easter? Did that one also sell 5-6k tickets? What was the gate for it?? May need to do some research lol.
                      I mean I tend to doubt it got discussed very seriously myself behind the scenes if at all, but it seemed like a makeable fight if Bob legit tried to make it.

But my main point is Bob isn't the guy who's gonna be able to make that sorta fight very often even if he tried to cuz of how he operates & how lowball-ish he is with guys's value or how he wants options if he pays a guy his value. Thats a problem with these name guys specifically PBC/Haymon guys who don't seem to take to wanting to be in long term deals with promoters.

And I do wonder what Mikey's recent fights did in gate revenue. I think he increased his value with a nice clip with the Broner fight, but I'd like to see it in real numbers to get a better idea of it & if its legit.

Comment

Working...
                      X