Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If GGG were as popular or a money draw like Floyd, would he be as avoided?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
    Would you agree that Mike Tyson was more feared than GGG? I'm sure you do so I'll make my point. Tyson had no problem getting people in the ring because they got paid well. Even his sparring partners were getting paid better than they'd get for a fight.
    Good point a.t.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
      Difference between GGG and other big draws.

These other fighters can be beat, they might outbox you.

GGG destroys you, shortens your career.

Pretty simple why fighters arent ducking the Floyds, Canelos yet are ducking GGG like the plague.
      Talk about hyperbole

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
        Difference between GGG and other big draws.

These other fighters can be beat, they might outbox you.

GGG destroys you, shortens your career.

Pretty simple why fighters arent ducking the Floyds, Canelos yet are ducking GGG like the plague.
        Good grief.....................

Comment

ABSOLUTELY NOT! Tyson wasn't avoided, because of the money Don King was throwing around he was able to get names like Spinks and Holmes for him. K2 don't have that type of money or Power they somewhat depend on HBO and other bigger Promoters to get their guy PAID

All you can do really is LAUGH at the fans who honestly think some of these fighters are not in it for the "MONEY" they're ALL in it for the Money and to secure their families future and they shouldn't have to pretend like they're not

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
            Would you agree that Mike Tyson was more feared than GGG? I'm sure you do so I'll make my point. Tyson had no problem getting people in the ring because they got paid well. Even his sparring partners were getting paid better than they'd get for a fight.
            Exactly! Did not see this before posting my comment but yep exactly, Don King was throwing around BIG MONEY to get guys to fight Tyson. I think that was Holmes biggest payday of his career and he was washed by that time

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
              money is the root of most evils. He wouldn't be as avoided because one of the main reasons he is avoided now by the bigger names is due to his high risk/low reward situation. Why do you think lesser known contenders and up and comers are willing to face a monster in GGG? Well let's put it this way, would a Wade or Monroe Jr ever be able to get a payday the likes of Saul and Cotto are able to give? Highly unlikely. Therefore they go with their best option and most logical, GGG. A fighter that would give them more than their average journeyman and gatekeeper but considerably less than an unattainable Cotto/Canelo payday.

Mayweather Jr was a win/win for most fighters in the 140 division and higher. He was the biggest payday in boxing and little risk to end up severely hurt. It would be ******ed for anyone whom gets punched in the face for a living to turn down a Floyd fight. Especially since Floyd's style wouldn't have made it much of a punishing fight at all. Why do you think everyone from GGG, Cotto, Canelo and many others were willing to either sacrifice, sacrificed or enticed Floyd to fight. Hell, even mixed martial artists are trying to get a slice of the pie lol.
              I totally agree Aztekkas, im just trying to prove a point. People are going nuts saying hes the most avoided guy in history. Basically hes just a HIGH risk, low reward.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                I don't think so. Put it this way, Floyd may not have as high KO % as GGG but Floyd is harder to hit and is waaaayyyyy less vunerable so to speak. Honestly if Floyd wasnt such a big $ draw, he has a style a majority of fighters would avoid like a plague. So this whole most avoided man title is played out. Hell if anything more people call out GGG than Rigondeaux. Thoughts?
                No, I have to cite Mike Tyson. Guys knew they'd get their asses kicked, but because it was such great money, everyone wanted a shot in the 90s at least. Tyson had fallen off by that point, but he was always dangerous as hell. With Mayweather, guys knew they'd make a lot of money and wouldn't get hurt. So it was win/win for most of them.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                  No, I have to cite Mike Tyson. Guys knew they'd get their asses kicked, but because it was such great money, everyone wanted a shot in the 90s at least. Tyson had fallen off by that point, but he was always dangerous as hell. With Mayweather, guys knew they'd make a lot of money and wouldn't get hurt. So it was win/win for most of them.
                  People seem to forget that Tyson already lost to Douglas at Age 23. He had a very short prime where he was unbeatable. After that it all went downwards and got into so many problems, then everybody wanted to fight him because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                    I totally agree Aztekkas, im just trying to prove a point. People are going nuts saying hes the most avoided guy in history. Basically hes just a HIGH risk, low reward.
                    Yeah its been said before but most people especially the GGG stans refuse to believe it. GGG has Manny/Floyd level talent and he's as difficult to beat as those 2 were in their prime, the issue is that his drawing power doesn't match his talent. You're not guaranteed a career high pay day when you face him.

If floyd and Manny were in GGG's position of drawing power, they would be avoided like hell too... forget that nonsense of who punches hard and who doesn't, guys want to get paid in this sport whether you're getting outboxed for 12 or laid out in 5 or 6 punishing rounds, its all about the cheque you come home to.

Look at the Klitschkos too, they punished those heavyweight challengers for as long as the fight lasted but with those German stadium sell outs those hopeless challengers never backed down because they were all guaranteed a career high purse.

Comment

Just look at tyson

Comment

Working...
                      X