Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you actually fell for Broner's hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

De Leon vs Broner was the first Broner fight I watched, and PDL outboxed him all night...it was pretty obvious to anyone with a brain that the kid was all hype...

Comment

Originally posted by Inkanyamba View Post
      He was never over hyped to the point of a GGG or Kovalev type.
      Stopped reading after this. You must not have been paying much attention.

Anyway, back on planet Earth... I was never sold on him completely, especially after seeing the PDL fight. However, I didn't see the PDL fight until a year and a half after it happened. That's when I really saw how limited this guy was.

Comment

I was off the Broner hype during the Rees fight. He showed how flawed he is in that fight. The Malignaggi fight further confirmed it, the Maidana fight was just laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post

Anyway, back on planet Earth... I was never sold on him completely, especially after seeing the PDL fight. However, I didn't see the PDL fight until a year and a half after it happened. That's when I really saw how limited this guy was.
          Dont mind that dude... He is by far the worst poster on here...

Extremist pro-black, anti-everything else

Kovolev and GGG have been laying waste to fringe contenders,, Broner struggles with rees, old pauli...

Comment

Originally posted by Inkanyamba View Post
            You mean the next Pacquiao?
            You don't make any sense.

Comment

First time seeing Broner it really wasn't any "HYPE" to him yet, I think it was the Controversial Fernando Quintero fight which I scored a Draw like the one judge had it.

But you could see the RAW TALENT, his Problem is that he hasn't IMPROVED or added anything to his style since that fight which was what 2008 or 2009 I think that was?

He is only 24 years old so he can get better and he can reinvent himself and work his way back up, but I think he needs a different trainer. Broner shouldn't be a Defensive First fighter just trying to do the Shoulder Roll, Broner actually should be a PRESSURE INSIDE FIGHTER because Broner, he is a much better fighter when fight INSIDE:

Just stop trying to fight off of his Backfoot like Mayweather all together because he actually sucks at it:

^His dumb A$$ trying to do the shoulder roll from the outside and off of his back foot, that is NOT how the Shoulder Roll Works, Shoulder Roll is most effective INSIDE for Inside Fighting like how James Toney and Mayweather use it, this dude is trying to use Shoulder Roll from the outside off of his backfoot while his opponents have too much space and this is why Maidana was able to come OVER THE TOP of his Philly Shell because his Guard was too low like he was fighting inside

To be honest, FREDDIE ROACH would be the perfect trainer for him! Probably would never happen but for Broner's STYLE, I think Freedie Roach could help him Offensively

Comment

Hes only lost once and i still think he has potential if he grows up and focuses on skill.

Million dollar talent, five cent head

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post

Forgot about the PDL fight. Thought Ponce edged it by a point.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    not me, go thru my previous posts

I actually said Broner looked ordinary against Paulie/Rees and that Maidana had a chance to beat him if he kept up the pressure. Although I had broner a 55-45 favourite
                    Me too, but I actually thought Broner would beat Maidana because he looked awful in his TKO wins over Karrass and Lopez. He really looked vulnerable, like he was there for the taking. Turned out Broner sucked so much that it didn't matter, and Maidana had improved in training camp between the Lopez and Broner fights.

He improved even further in between the Broner and Floyd fight, to be fair.

Comment

I thought he won the PDL fight. You could have had it 5-5 each or 6-4 either way. PDL had the best round of the two, the 3rd round, but ultimately I think Broner showed he was the superior fighter when he threw 250 less punches than PDL, yet landed the same exact number of punches as PDL did. (125 vs 126). PDL probably looked better because he threw more and appeared to do more, but they landed the same exact amount of punches almost. Broner also made him miss a LOT. So I don't know what "outboxing" took place from Ponce when he only landed 21% to Broner's 36%.

Comment

Working...
                      X