Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tommy Hearns Right hand vs Tito Trinidad Left hook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm watching some highlights of Pipino Cuevas vs Hearns. The right Hearns hits Cuevas with in the 2nd round is simply beautiful. Actually it's two, but the first one had Cuevas doing the Humpty dance.

Edit:

Here is the fight. The right hand is at around the 5 minute 49 second mark.

Last edited by Sweet Pea 50; 10-19-2012, 02:04 PM.

Comment

hearns was dynamite.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
        Hearns had a lot more going for him than just his right hand.... The dude was a machine (Except his chin could have been a tiny bit better)
        Hearns had a good chin but not to many fighters can stand up to Hagler and Lenard's punches!!

Comment

Hearns straight right was longer, faster, and I would say more powerful... I've seen Tito starch guys out, but I've never seen him starch someone with Duran's chin, as u stated

Comment

They're both lethal in their own right. I just would never want to be on the receiving end of either

Comment

See sig.

/thread

Comment

If there's any doubt, watch Tommy land that right on Duran like a 44mag slug. Absolutely brutal. He knew how to use those wide shoulders and all 6'1" to twist into those punches with tremendous velocity.

Comment

Originally posted by FRANKGWJ View Post
                  Hearns had a good chin but not to many fighters can stand up to Hagler and Lenard's punches!!
                  Absolutely. The myth of his weak chin is rooted in the fact that he often put himself in danger. If he had the heavy defense and distance mentality we see more often today, who knows how far he could have gone...

Comment

Hearns Right Hand was A Monster>>>!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
                      If there's any doubt, watch Tommy land that right on Duran like a 44mag slug. Absolutely brutal. He knew how to use those wide shoulders and all 6'1" to twist into those punches with tremendous velocity.
                      Tito left hook almost took Vargas head off in the last round!!! I don't know how Vargas got up after that punch

Comment

Working...
                      X