Halo is the most overrated franchise is gaming history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Demise View Post
    Halo made Xbox.

Halo is the biggest game on the Xbox for a reason, because it's great. Halo 1 is by far the best game in terms of skill on the Xbox and this attracted a lot of competitive gamers and thus gaming events were born.

Halo has been the flagship game for competitive gaming on the 360 and because of this other consoles like the PS3 have had a growing scene in recent years.

Halo 2 was an amazing game, it was THE game for online gaming. The only other good shooter was Socom on the PS2.

What makes Halo 2/3 great is the fact you don't have to run around shooting all day like in CoD4 and other FPS. You can jump into custom lobbies and play games like zombies/tower of power etc, it has great longevity.

You complain about taking too many bullets to kill, but it's simply because you aren't good enough.

I hate Halo 3 matchmaking apart from MLG, which is BR start. You can kill someone with a 4 BR burst, but all bullets must hit and the last shot must be a headshot. People strafe to avoid bullets and you must lead your shoot in the direction the other person is moving.
    thats not it at all

that just a blind assumption people make

like your the all mighty god of halo

how many times do you shoot someone one on one?

while your unloading 3 clips into someone you get melee'd from behind.

or rocketed

or stickied

or hammered

the only way to get kill streaks is by chance or cheaply

where as a game that one shot head shot. you can actually clean up on lesser players.

Halo is a joke and only stuck around because it was a decent launch title.

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
      thats not it at all

that just a blind assumption people make

like your the all mighty god of halo

how many times do you shoot someone one on one?

while your unloading 3 clips into someone you get melee'd from behind.

or rocketed

or stickied

or hammered

the only way to get kill streaks is by chance or cheaply

where as a game that one shot head shot. you can actually clean up on lesser players.

Halo is a joke and only stuck around because it was a decent launch title.
      I don't get hammered 'cause I don't play anything but customs or MLG matching where hammers are banned.

I shoot 5 times, 6 if I'm playing poor and 4 if I'm doing good. But it all depends on the other player and how well they strafe.

And I don't get melee'd from behind because I have good awareness and team mates who call shit out.

Killing sprees aren't hard to get.

I am no God on any game. But I play the different side of games others play. While people play matchmaking against 14 year old kids who run around with dual maulers/SMGs, I play against people who use BRs only and don't use the easiest ways to get kills.

How stupid is the AR on that game?

All you have to do is hold down the trigger and run at them, it's pathetic.

Comment

I'd have to say call of duty mw and mw2 are really overated...they suck balls...either console

Comment

Originally posted by Major View Post
          I'd have to say call of duty mw and mw2 are really overated...they suck balls...either console
          What the fuck is happening in your sig?

Comment

The game isn't that bad but the hype is ridiculous all the 10 year olds get excited about halo and build hype, imo gears of war is the truth. Halo is the most overrated game for xbox, I'm not going to buy the new halo reach I played the demo to it and it was ass they changed everything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Major View Post
              COD 4 MW > Halo

Ez.
              Originally posted by Demise View Post
              What the fuck is happening in your sig?

Larry Merchant attacking a fan after the Zaragoza-McCollough fight.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Only ever played the first one, and I enjoyed it, but was expecting to be blown away, after hearing every Mother and her Son tell me that it was one of the greatest games ever.

Didn't play much online in those days, so can't comment on that aspect of the game and tell you if it raises it overall.

For me, Goldeneye still remains the greatest FPS of all-time. Flawless in both SP Mode and MP Mode.

Comment

Yup, game blows monkey balls.

Comment

Working...
                      X