Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to the era where singers used to sing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by street bully jr View Post
      Ok then, answer me this. Lets say I wanted to go into the soda business, you expect me to be able to dethrone Coke and Pepsi?

Technically they operate in a "free market". Lets say my product is 10x better than both of them, do you really think my soda is going to be allowed to gain any footing?

Maybe a niche one at best, but forget about penetrating their share, even though my **** is technically way better.

The same holds true in music. Too few people control everything you hear and see.

There's no freedom in that at all. Thats just a monopoly with a lot of subdivisions.

And no. Greed is never good.
      10x better according to who though... and why do you have to dethrone them?

the fact that you chose an example where there are not one but two dominating companies makes this quite laughable...

name me 5 major modern inventions that made life better for the everyday person that wasnt invented or founded with greed at its foundation???

Comment

lol im always jammin to older music

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            its all about making what other people want you to make and that people always take the easy way out. i could write 3 pages on this. good thread bully

my wedding song, the best singer in history imo.

is this turning into classic songs thread?
            i think so

Comment

I don't agree that electronic music killed "real" music. There's plenty of music that's great based on technology of the day. Prince, rap music, Kraftwerk, and lots of other '80s music are just some examples.

I do agree that decision making in the industry based solely on selling units has damaged the quality of music over all. But then again, I like all kinds of music, even mindless pop hits. For example, "Umbrella" by Rihanna is a song I like (no ****). "Sweet Dreams" by Beyonce I couldn't get out of my head to the point that I wondered if it had subliminal messages in it, ha ha.

There's still good music out there, it's just harder to find.

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
                largely because the corporation has a much greater dealing in assets and needs managed more as a business. however, its the people under him/her that are responsible for the actual music decisions...

my point is, go out and make music like what you want to hear... and if others want to hear it, you will make money.. if not, continue to make it just because its music you like

the beauty is the freedom to do so...
                But the people below him are governed by the need for the man to post profits at the end of every quarter. The sad thing is, good music makes money. But good music takes time to produce. But time in todays society time is a no no. Why work hard and make something new and original for x amount of dollars, when you can work less and make something half as good for x amount of dollars? Our society is lazy.

The issue is, what happened to the era when singers used to sing? What happened to the era when talent was a prerequisite for success? Money, greed, and laziness happened.

Comment

Originally posted by riz!...oh? View Post
                  that's not old enough

Comment

Comment

timba kicking ass in this thread

Comment

Working...
                      X