Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much more perfect would Floyds record be if he had an elite trainer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much more perfect would Floyds record be if he had an elite trainer?

I know its impossible to get more perfect than perfect(40-0-0), but lets imagine how much better he could be if he had a world-class trainer in his corner like Freddie Roach, Nazim Richardson, or Manny Steward?

More shutouts? More stoppages?

Roach is a master strategist but he's never really had a fighter(other than Pac) with the ability to execute the way Mayweather can. If Mayweather had that kind of guidance instead of a rampaging crackhead, Floyd could be 40-0-0! with an additional exclamation mark!!!

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Joeyzagz; 02-05-2010, 06:27 PM.

Stop underrating Roger. He's one of the best today.

Comment

Originally posted by Soir View Post
      I know its impossible to get more perfect than perfect(40-0-0), but lets imagine how much better he could be if he had a world-class trainer in his corner like Freddie Roach, Nazim Richardson, or Manny Steward?

More shutouts? More stoppages?

Roach is a master strategist but he's never really had a fighter(other than Pac) with the ability to execute the way Mayweather can. If Mayweather had that kind of guidance instead of a rampaging crackhead, Floyd could be 40-0-0! with an exclamation mark!!!

What do you guys think?

Roger & his Dad developed his style...

I would say that if Roger has done this godo job so far with one of the best fighters this era...he is world class....Id rather train one ATG than a bunch of good fighters

Comment

For once, I agree with you! Jp. Nah, but I agree. Mayweather basically trains himself. Anybody would be better though, with topnotch guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by 2npac View Post
          For once, I agree with you! Jp. Nah, but I agree. Mayweather basically trains himself. Anybody would be better though, with topnotch guidance.
          its more than just a good trainer...they know each other..they have been together since floyd was a baby....

Roger is the one who makes the game plan for Floyd to follow...he breaks the opponents style down

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            KEEP doin Whatcha Doooin!

Imagine if he had a true mastermind like Steward in his corner. Steward turned 3 mentally weak fighters(Lennox, Glass-Wlad and Taylor) into legit champions. He could probably turn an already champion into the greatest of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work Sr. View Post
              Roger & his Dad developed his style...

I would say that if Roger has done this godo job so far with one of the best fighters this era...he is world class....Id rather train one ATG than a bunch of good fighters

agree with this...

also, agree with the dude who says floyd basically trains himself.

but that's how you know the mark of a great trainer, when they can get a fighter to the point where he's able to do things himself.

hopkins would be another example. he got rid of bouie, nazim started training him, and hopkins never missed a beat.

floyd's record is spotless, how can a diff trainer improve upon that?

Comment

Floyd is the best fighter in the world.

Roger is the best trainer for him.

He knows Floyd better then anyone.

Comment

yeh a) floyd learnt the sport from his father who is one of the true great trainers
                  b) rogers a decent trainer too for some1 like mayweather because IMO mayweather doesnt really listen to his trainers anymore, he knows what he has to do, he knows how to box, he knows the game as good as any trainer, all roger has to do is keep him sharp and he does that nicely!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    He really is good.

Comment

Working...
                    X