Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which regional British accent is that? :)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Which regional British accent is that? :)

Just re-watched Heartlands (2002, with Michael Sheen and Mark Addy),
    a film about a cuckolded man taking his scooter alone up to Blackpool,
    to try to bring back his wife.

What exactly do you folks call the charming accent so heavy in that film?
    Thanks,

h.

Not seen this film, but I just checked out a video on youtube. Sounds like a generic Lancashire accent to me. I'm no from the north so I'm not too good with northern accents. But seeing as he is going to Blackpool on a moped then he can't be far from Lancashire.

I must say though, Michael Sheen is a great actor. I've seen most of his films and he always puts in a great performance. He's probably one of the best actors around at the moment.

Is this film any good? The clip I saw on youtube looked pretty good I might have to check it out.

Comment

Is the accent on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Cherry Picker View Post
        Is the accent on this?

1.50 is about as close as this guy gets. But I find most of these accents to be quite inaccurate. The first one is laughable, and to say that the yorkshire and lancashire accents are the same is liable to get you beaten up in most places up north.

Comment

Originally posted by Jambo boy View Post
          Not seen this film, but I just checked out a video on youtube. Sounds like a generic Lancashire accent to me. I'm no from the north so I'm not too good with northern accents. But seeing as he is going to Blackpool on a moped then he can't be far from Lancashire.

I must say though, Michael Sheen is a great actor. I've seen most of his films and he always puts in a great performance. He's probably one of the best actors around at the moment.

Is this film any good? The clip I saw on youtube looked pretty good I might have to check it out.

Thanks a lot, JB!
          Green k'd!

Michael Sheen is probably the best actor I've ever seen, period.
          His range is just ridiculous.
          Last edited by horge; 08-04-2010, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jambo boy View Post
            1.50 is about as close as this guy gets. But I find most of these accents to be quite inaccurate. The first one is laughable, and to say that the yorkshire and lancashire accents are the same is liable to get you beaten up in most places up north.
            Haha thats spot on.
            I know a girl from Manchester that actually sounds like shes from Yorkshire, she loves it when i tell her

Comment

Originally posted by horge View Post

Just re-watched Heartlands (2002, with Michael Sheen and Mark Addy),
              a film about a cuckolded man taking his scooter alone up to Blackpool,
              to try to bring back his wife.

What exactly do you folks call the charming accent so heavy in that film?
              Thanks,

h.
              It's not a proper lancashire accent, I remember with Sheen in that film you can detect parts of his native Welsh accent.

Comment

its like brian clough's accent basically

Comment

Working...
                X